Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sean2215
    • By sean2215 10th Oct 16, 11:05 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sean2215
    Music Magpie - where is my phone!?
    • 10th Oct 16, 11:05 PM
    Music Magpie - where is my phone!? 10th Oct 16 at 11:05 PM
    Hi all,

Not sure of the best forum to post this, but here goes:

I recently sent my old Samsung Note 4 mobile away to Music Magpie after receiving a £170 offer on their website. A few days later I received an email saying a counter offer had been made as the device was damaged. Given that I have had it almost two years and it had a few scratches here and there I wasn't surprised - thinking they would offer 50 quid or so less I was still up for the deal. Rather disappointingly the counter offer was £17.10 - 10% of the original offer. I declined the offer and Music Magpie posted my phone back to me via courier - only the only thing I have received is a note from the courier saying it has been left with my neighbour - I've gone to the neighbours (a few doors down, who I've never actually spoke to before) and they are denying all knowledge of having signed for it.

I've spoken to the courier who have put me back to Music Magpie - and spoken to Music Magpie who have got in touch with the courier....I'm basically now going around in circles with it.

Has anyone ever been in this sort of situation before? I genuinely don't know whether the courier has pinched my parcel, or the neighbour has it - but either way, do I have any come back on this, or should I just write it off?
Page 1
    • KingS6
    • By KingS6 11th Oct 16, 3:16 AM
    • 394 Posts
    • 332 Thanks
    KingS6
    • 11th Oct 16, 3:16 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 3:16 AM
    You've given quite a detailed description of why you asked for your device to be returned. But is it relevant to the rest of what you put?

I ask because are you happy to write off a phone that you think was worth a lot more but Music Magpie claim is only worth ten percent? You'd probably get more on ebay by the way.

Back to your main point. The two scenarios I see are either the courier has fudged the delivery to begin with or your neighbour is not a trustworthy person.

Ask the courier to give a detailed description of the neighbour who signed for the parcel. That would be my next step.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,783Posts Today

7,301Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @c_newbery: @MartinSLewis Can't bring myself to vote for option A because of lack of apostrophe - some things are too precious! #grammar?

• MSE weekly email: Soap&Glory, Urgent 2YR cheap energy, free Tesco pts, cheap Easyjet, free TSB £100, £52 Ray-Bans https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's twitter poll: Is it acceptable to use bad grammar in tweets in order to reduce character length?

• Follow Martin