Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • prettysavings
    • By prettysavings 10th Oct 16, 10:07 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 2Thanks
    prettysavings
    Freeeee meeee
    • 10th Oct 16, 10:07 PM
    Freeeee meeee 10th Oct 16 at 10:07 PM
    I'm so glad I discovered this forum. I have been quietly obsessing by myself about my debt and now i have a space to be honest and open about it. I actually don't have that much debt but it is weighing me down.

I currently have three credit cards, all were maxed out until this last month when i started payinh money off each week as i got a new job. However after a month of paying them of, I have now started dipping into them. I also increased my over draft and am being charged daily for that. BUT no more! I am going to continue to stick to my budget per week and cancel/consolidate my debt and hope by early next year I'll be out of this and can start saving.

I'm hoping to start a future with my OH but I have nothing to my name except debt. I really want us to be in a good position so i have the next two years to save a good amount and not be weighted down by the needless spending I've been doing really my whole life but mostly this last two years. I just cant stop thinking I have nothing to show for all this debt. No designer clothes, fancy cars or expensive jewlery. I have had fun spending the money but i need to stop being so generous and starting thinking and not just spending cause I'm bored or its easier.

I think i spend more when i dont plan so I'm trying hard to do that. I'm going to start a spread sheet too and have aims for paying off certain amounts and cards. I need to finally take control.

I've hidden all of this from my famil (as I'm sure most of us have) and I'm so scared my credit rating is screwed because I've applied for so many credit cards recently. But i cant dwell on that and I must move forward and do my best.

Happy saving everyone!
Page 1
    • BeckyS
    • By BeckyS 10th Oct 16, 10:20 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 171 Thanks
    BeckyS
    • 10th Oct 16, 10:20 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 10:20 PM
    Hi! Pretty Savings, welcome to the boards.

Since you have three cards and an ovedraft have you considered snowballing them? http://www.whatsthecost.com/snowball.aspx It'll make them go down quicker.

Also post a statement of affairs. People made some pretty good suggestions when I posted mine.

Becka
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,981Posts Today

7,112Users online

Martin's Twitter