Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• iammumtoone
    • By iammumtoone 10th Oct 16, 9:28 PM
    • 3,677Posts
    • 7,079Thanks
    urgent sat nav help
    • 10th Oct 16, 9:28 PM
    urgent sat nav help 10th Oct 16 at 9:28 PM
    I've broken my satnav and need it for Thursday

I need to get another one tomorrow / Wednesday so nothing nothing online.

I was looking at tom tom 25 but I can't see from the pictures if it shows you the road you are currently on and the next road required?

Ideally I would like one that has the option for the easiest route ie one that takes you via main roads even it is is a bit longer.

Any suggestions

Page 2
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 13th Oct 16, 2:22 PM
    • 8,564 Posts
    • 9,606 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    amazingly we had children in the olden days as well as no sat nav - they didn't even have car seats / seat belts
    Originally posted by Indout96
    In the "olden days", cars didn't have power steering, heating and aircon, power assisted brakes etc and many houses didn't have central heating, indoor toilets, washing machines, microwaves, computers and a host of other aids and devices.

Does this mean that because people managed without all of these in the past, you would be happy to live without all of these today?
    • wba31
    • By wba31 13th Oct 16, 2:29 PM
    • 2,054 Posts
    • 1,117 Thanks
    I will admit I do find it more difficult to drive in an unknown area with the constant distractions from a child. We are going away for the weekend, if purchasing a another sat nav makes it a much more enjoyable drive and holiday for both of us I really can't see what the problem is with that.

If I really had to I could manage without one, it would involve stress for both of us, me having to drive/navigate at the same time, and son being told off and having to remain quiet for most of the journey. Personally I would rather spend a few quid to avoid that, it is suppose to be a holiday not an ordeal.

Whilst I do remember maps when I was a child and could read one if forced to, most of my driving life (all of it since I had a child) there had been sat navs widely available, it is what I am used to.
    Originally posted by iammumtoone
    There's no shame in that. I am a map nut and geography geek and love going out on my own in the mountains with nothing but a OS map, compass and eyesight to navigate by.
    HOWEVER i fully agree that if a sat nav is an option it makes driving so much less stressful. Ive recently changed cars from one with a built in sat nav, often with route not entered as i knew where i was going, but still displaying the map of where i am, for a car without a sat nav. I find it weird driving places and not being able to check the map to see if i can turn off and get a shorter route then I could in my old car... I have invested in a brodit clip for my phone in the new car as I have the Tomtom app for my phone...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

428Posts Today

3,786Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just changed my profile description. Wish I was cool and brave enough to go for one of those really short ones!

• Happy with my 15k time today, one of my fastest 1:18:56. Managing to keep up my 150k a month target.

• That's why I'm asking question. To see whether people perceive they are or aren't.

• Follow Martin