Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jojo9239
    • By jojo9239 10th Oct 16, 7:50 PM
    • 319Posts
    • 223Thanks
    jojo9239
    How often is too often
    • 10th Oct 16, 7:50 PM
    How often is too often 10th Oct 16 at 7:50 PM
    Ok so we are in process of buying a lovely house and been to see it twice now once just us once with my mum. We want o go and measure some things but feel cheeky asking to go again am I being silly?
Page 2
    • googler
    • By googler 11th Oct 16, 12:49 PM
    • 14,279 Posts
    • 9,240 Thanks
    googler
    As with many other things, in Scottish sales, the vagueness of whether or not this is 'cheeky' has been eliminated by codifying the rights of buyer and seller in standard clauses;

"10 ACCESS

10.1 The Seller will, after conclusion of the Missives and upon receipt of reasonable notice by the Purchaser, give access to the Purchaser or his agents to the Property at reasonable times for the purposes of inspection, measurement, or the provision of quotations. This right of access however shall not be exercised on more than 2 occasions without the consent of the Seller."
    • Niv
    • By Niv 11th Oct 16, 1:17 PM
    • 1,331 Posts
    • 1,098 Thanks
    Niv
    We visited the house we were purchasing a number of times. But it really depends on your relationship with the seller with regards to how this will go down.

Our situation was unusual in that the seller was very open with us and we had a key to the house following our offer being accepted (yes really). We also went to the house between exchange and completion to clean / take some bits over and keep an eye out for the sellers awol cat (seller had moved out by this stage). I know people will say that the seller was naïve to do this and I don't disagree in principle but that is what happened. I definitely do not recommend this action to anyone and I did not share my key with my seller!

To add - regarding measuring up for bespoke furniture - DO NOT DO THIS. As others have said, it is madness, until exchange the seller could pull the sale on a whim.
    YNWA

Mortgage free by 58.
    • ensignia
    • By ensignia 11th Oct 16, 2:16 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    ensignia
    I'd be so annoyed if a buyer kept wanting to come and view the house again and again.

Not even sure why, really...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,812Posts Today

7,430Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @c_newbery: @MartinSLewis Can't bring myself to vote for option A because of lack of apostrophe - some things are too precious! #grammar?

• MSE weekly email: Soap&Glory, Urgent 2YR cheap energy, free Tesco pts, cheap Easyjet, free TSB £100, £52 Ray-Bans https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's twitter poll: Is it acceptable to use bad grammar in tweets in order to reduce character length?

• Follow Martin