Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Speare123
    • By Speare123 10th Oct 16, 7:34 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Speare123
    Slow repair
    • 10th Oct 16, 7:34 PM
    Slow repair 10th Oct 16 at 7:34 PM
    I had an engine light come on on my car, so I took to the garage and it was diagnosed as a faulty EGR valve. I was going on holiday the next week, so managed to swap the parking around so I could take the partners car.

I called Friday 30th Sept to let them know I'd be dropping it off (and they already knew about it from the diagnostics) Dropped off on Monday 3rd so they could have it all week and told them I'd be picking it up the following Monday.

Went after work to pick up today and the car was still on the ramp. So annoyed as 1. They've had the car for a whole week and not done anything to it and 2. The whole point of dropping it off while I was away was that it wouldn't inconvenience me any more than needed.

Is it reasonable to demand money off in this circumstance? Can't quite believe they've had it all that time and not done anything with it. I'll also be checking the mileage carefully when I pick up again tomorrow.
    Last edited by Speare123; 10-10-2016 at 10:21 PM.
Page 1
    • Strider590
    • By Strider590 10th Oct 16, 7:48 PM
    • 10,461 Posts
    • 5,779 Thanks
    Strider590
    • 10th Oct 16, 7:48 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 7:48 PM
    This is what most garages are going to do, last minute job.

Deal with paying customers first, do the last minute job when you know the customer is going to pay.
    Having the last word isn't the same as being right.......

"Never confuse education with intelligence"
    • BeenThroughItAll
    • By BeenThroughItAll 10th Oct 16, 7:52 PM
    • 3,464 Posts
    • 2,774 Thanks
    BeenThroughItAll
    • 10th Oct 16, 7:52 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 7:52 PM
    I had an engine light come on on my car, so I took to the garage and it was diagnosed as a faulty EGR valve. I was going on holiday the next week, so managed to swap the parking around so I could take the partners car.

I called Friday 7th Oct to let them know I'd be dropping it off (and they already knew about it from the diagnostics) Dropped off on Monday 10th, so they could have it all week and told them I'd be picking it up the following Monday.

Went after work to pick up today and the car was still on the ramp. So annoyed as 1. They've had the car for a whole week and not done anything to it and 2. The whole point of dropping it off while I was away was that it wouldn't inconvenience me any more than needed.

Is it reasonable to demand money off in this circumstance? Can't quite believe they've had it all that time and not done anything with it. I'll also be checking the mileage carefully when I pick up again tomorrow.
    Originally posted by Speare123
    If you dropped it off on 10th October and they've had it a week, how did you travel back in time to let us know about it?
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 10th Oct 16, 7:57 PM
    • 228 Posts
    • 191 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 10th Oct 16, 7:57 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 7:57 PM

I called Friday 7th Oct to let them know I'd be dropping it off (and they already knew about it from the diagnostics) Dropped off on Monday 10th, so they could have it all week and told them I'd be picking it up the following Monday.

Originally posted by Speare123
    Check the calendar carefully as well.
    • Euphoria1z
    • By Euphoria1z 10th Oct 16, 8:55 PM
    • 815 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    Euphoria1z
    • 10th Oct 16, 8:55 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 8:55 PM
    If you dropped it off on 10th October and they've had it a week, how did you travel back in time to let us know about it?
    Originally posted by BeenThroughItAll

he used the delorean from the future,
    • Speare123
    • By Speare123 10th Oct 16, 10:18 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Speare123
    • 10th Oct 16, 10:18 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 10:18 PM
    Oops yeah it was the 3rd I dropped it off…
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 10th Oct 16, 11:03 PM
    • 5,434 Posts
    • 4,956 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 10th Oct 16, 11:03 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 11:03 PM
    maybe they thought you dropped it off on the 10th
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,705Posts Today

5,932Users online

Martin's Twitter