Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jumperabv3
    • By jumperabv3 10th Oct 16, 5:35 PM
    • 781Posts
    • 156Thanks
    jumperabv3
    Creation Everyday Credit Card
    • 10th Oct 16, 5:35 PM
    Creation Everyday Credit Card 10th Oct 16 at 5:35 PM
    I received a week ago a SMS telling me:

Congratulations, your Everyday Credit Card application has been accepted and your card will be with you shortly. Call us on ..... when it arrives so you can start using it straight away.

2 quick questions

(1) If you received a similar SMS when you applied for this one - how long did it take afterwards for you to receive the card?

(2) What's the ATM daily limit for withdrawals? Are the rates similar to Halifax Clarity?

Thanks!
Page 1
    • cooltt
    • By cooltt 10th Oct 16, 6:52 PM
    • 476 Posts
    • 233 Thanks
    cooltt
    • 10th Oct 16, 6:52 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 6:52 PM
    I received a week ago a SMS telling me:

Congratulations, your Everyday Credit Card application has been accepted and your card will be with you shortly. Call us on ..... when it arrives so you can start using it straight away.

2 quick questions

(1) If you received a similar SMS when you applied for this one - how long did it take afterwards for you to receive the card?

(2) What's the ATM daily limit for withdrawals? Are the rates similar to Halifax Clarity?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by jumperabv3
    Shouldn't it tell you on their website
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 11th Oct 16, 2:30 AM
    • 1,739 Posts
    • 738 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:30 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:30 AM
    £300 daily limit, £500 per week. MasterCard exchange rates, same as Clarity.
    • jumperabv3
    • By jumperabv3 11th Oct 16, 3:11 AM
    • 781 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    jumperabv3
    • 11th Oct 16, 3:11 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 3:11 AM
    £300 daily limit, £500 per week. MasterCard exchange rates, same as Clarity.
    Originally posted by eDicky
    Thank you.
    • d1ddyd
    • By d1ddyd 12th Oct 16, 9:58 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    d1ddyd
    • 12th Oct 16, 9:58 AM
    • 12th Oct 16, 9:58 AM
    Received my card a few days after the sms (i think 3).
    Got the card to use on holiday in Thailand. It needs to be said though for anyone planning to use this only for ATM withdrawals its not worth it! Take travellers cheques instead. I've just had problem after problem trying to draw money with the creation card.
    I was told i would have a £1500 limit. Great, I thought i could just use this to make ATM withdrawls for my whole holiday and pay it when I return to the UK. What they dont tell you initially is that they limit you to a cash balance of £450 and I only found this while on holiday and not able to withdraw any more cash. After two £8 phone calls back to the UK we got to the bottom of the problem. So the next issue is pay off the balance then wait 2 days for it to process. In the mean time? (Well i guess I'm lucky i also had my debit card which meant £10 extra in fees per transaction, all because creation DID NOT GIVE ME THE INFORMATION.
    I even paid £1000 into the account (so a credit account was in credit) so that I would be able yo draw more cash. They clearly have a big issue with there system as I still had £550 in credit on the account but it still limited me to £450 in ATM withdrawals until i made a payment. (Their system does not allow you to make a payment if your account is £0 or in credit!)
    Once I'm back to the UK creation will be receiving a very nasty complaint from me and i don't think it worthwhile at all holding the account open for it to just cause problems and extra fees because i haven't been able to use their card!
    I think other people thinking of getting one of these cards need to know this information. (Creation obviously want to try to maximise there fees/interest profit by causing customers these problems)
    • jumperabv3
    • By jumperabv3 12th Oct 16, 9:45 PM
    • 781 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    jumperabv3
    • 12th Oct 16, 9:45 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 9:45 PM
    Got the card to use on holiday in Thailand. It needs to be said though for anyone planning to use this only for ATM withdrawals its not worth it! Take travellers cheques instead. I've just had problem after problem trying to draw money with the creation card.
    I was told i would have a £1500 limit. Great, I thought i could just use this to make ATM withdrawls for my whole holiday and pay it when I return to the UK. What they dont tell you initially is that they limit you to a cash balance of £450 and I only found this while on holiday and not able to withdraw any more cash. After two £8 phone calls back to the UK we got to the bottom of the problem. So the next issue is pay off the balance then wait 2 days for it to process. In the mean time? (Well i guess I'm lucky i also had my debit card which meant £10 extra in fees per transaction, all because creation DID NOT GIVE ME THE INFORMATION.
    I even paid £1000 into the account (so a credit account was in credit) so that I would be able yo draw more cash. They clearly have a big issue with there system as I still had £550 in credit on the account but it still limited me to £450 in ATM withdrawals until i made a payment. (Their system does not allow you to make a payment if your account is £0 or in credit!)
    Once I'm back to the UK creation will be receiving a very nasty complaint from me and i don't think it worthwhile at all holding the account open for it to just cause problems and extra fees because i haven't been able to use their card!
    I think other people thinking of getting one of these cards need to know this information. (Creation obviously want to try to maximise there fees/interest profit by causing customers these problems)
    Originally posted by d1ddyd
    If I'm looking to make a cash withdrawal it would be probably something like every few weeks and not several transactions but one, I was just wondering what's the limit of that single transaction.

Sorry to hear you had troubles with them.
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 12th Oct 16, 9:50 PM
    • 23,194 Posts
    • 10,539 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 12th Oct 16, 9:50 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 9:50 PM
    Did you read the leaflet that came with the card?
    I guarantee you that the information would have been in there.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • A4445
    • By A4445 23rd Oct 16, 3:14 PM
    • 461 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    A4445
    • 23rd Oct 16, 3:14 PM
    • 23rd Oct 16, 3:14 PM
    I've just been accepted for this card, they have an eligibility check to see if your likely to be accepted. It said I was eligible and it was approved immediately plus creation seem quite generous with their limits and the don't seem to worry about searches, I've had 5 in 6 months and they still accepted with the standard APR 12.9%

The cash limit is 30% of your credit limit, I only know this as I've got another creation card and it on the statement.
    • expl0rer
    • By expl0rer 24th Oct 16, 11:17 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    expl0rer
    • 24th Oct 16, 11:17 PM
    • 24th Oct 16, 11:17 PM
    I received a similar text a week ago. No card yet. I'm wondering if you've received yours yet and how long it took?
    • Missus Hyde
    • By Missus Hyde 25th Oct 16, 7:53 PM
    • 220 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Missus Hyde
    I received a similar text a week ago. No card yet. I'm wondering if you've received yours yet and how long it took?
    Originally posted by expl0rer
    I've had an email two days ago and a similar text from them today, so I'm hoping they won't take too long about it as we're going away soon and I'd like to get the thing set up and running before we go.

Their website says the card and pin should be received within 7 - 10 working days.
    "I'll scweam and scweam and make mythelf thick" ......Violet Elizabeth Bott
    It's soooo unfair!!......Kevin the Teenager
    Now what does that remind me of? )

It's a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known........Sydney Carton.
    • expl0rer
    • By expl0rer 1st Nov 16, 4:20 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    expl0rer
    Got my card last Friday. No PIN though. When I called the number on the card to activate it, I was told they'd issue a PIN reminder to the PIN sending department. Hope it arrives this week.
    • A4445
    • By A4445 1st Nov 16, 8:53 PM
    • 461 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    A4445
    It took 5 working days for pin to arrive and 6 working days for the card to arrive. It's a shame the card isn't contactless and doesn't work with Apple Pay.
    • NiftyDigits
    • By NiftyDigits 1st Nov 16, 9:05 PM
    • 9,953 Posts
    • 4,185 Thanks
    NiftyDigits
    It's made quite clear that the ATM withdrawal limit is a percentage of the total credit limit when you sign in. They push you to sign up for an online account.
    Unfortunate that you received a particularly low credit limit.
    You suggestion to use travellers cheques in Thailand is poor. There is a £3.60 fee to change them.
    Better you took the card inside a bank for a cash advance in order to avoid fees. You didn't do adequate research and suffered because of it.
    • Yawn
    • By Yawn 2nd Nov 16, 7:21 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Yawn
    My card took about a week to arrive (just about when I started wondering whether it got lost in the post). My impression of Creation is that they are evidently less professional than the Halifax, or at least their customer service is, and as I wrote elsewhere on this forum, I really miss the ability to just report your travels conveniently online.
    • Missus Hyde
    • By Missus Hyde 2nd Nov 16, 7:35 AM
    • 220 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Missus Hyde
    My card took about a week to arrive (just about when I started wondering whether it got lost in the post). My impression of Creation is that they are evidently less professional than the Halifax, or at least their customer service is, and as I wrote elsewhere on this forum, I really miss the ability to just report your travels conveniently online.
    Originally posted by Yawn
    I still haven't received my card through the post (although the PIN numbers arrived several days ago) and like you, Yawn, I'm a little concerned that the cards may be lost in the post (our post is a bit hit and miss anyway and I had a similar problem with a Lloyds card......long and rather tedious story with which I won't bore you now! )

If it doesn't arrive today, I'll get onto them and rattle a few cages.

It's a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known........Sydney Carton.
    • expl0rer
    • By expl0rer 3rd Nov 16, 8:50 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    expl0rer
    My PIN arrived yesterday Haven't yet tested my card, but I've logged in to online card management and so far so good.
    I have a credit limit of £4000 and a daily withdrawal limit of £300.
    • A4445
    • By A4445 3rd Nov 16, 9:22 PM
    • 461 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    A4445
    I had mine as well a few days ago £5000 limit @ 12.9% I'm happy with that
    • Missus Hyde
    • By Missus Hyde 4th Nov 16, 7:39 AM
    • 220 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Missus Hyde
    My PIN arrived yesterday Haven't yet tested my card, but I've logged in to online card management and so far so good.
    I had mine as well a few days ago £5000 limit @ 12.9% I'm happy with that
    Originally posted by A4445
    My cards arrived on the 2nd and I was very impressed with the customer service when I contacted them.

Extremely helpful lady on the phone and the cards seem to be working as they should, so I can't say fairer than that!

• eDicky
    • By eDicky 4th Nov 16, 8:39 AM
    • 1,739 Posts
    • 738 Thanks
    eDicky
    Originally posted by expl0rer
    What is your weekly withdrawal limit, if any?

Others have found that they have a £300 daily limit but only £500 weekly withdrawal limit.

It's worth knowing about such limits before discovering them while abroad...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,307Posts Today

8,740Users online

Martin's Twitter