Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Firstwatch
    • By Firstwatch 10th Oct 16, 5:22 PM
    • 266Posts
    • 1,330Thanks
    Firstwatch
    Should open a return just for wrong size?
    • 10th Oct 16, 5:22 PM
    Should open a return just for wrong size? 10th Oct 16 at 5:22 PM
    Hello,

Should I always open a return if I am doing so? Bought some shoes, they are fine and what I wanted but too small.
    Emailed the seller and they were vague about exhange process.
    Should I just open a return and start again, as in return them and then buy the right size when the refund is through? maybe it would save on postage costs? and pitfalls that anyone has experienced? Thank you all...
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 10th Oct 16, 6:06 PM
    • 57,704 Posts
    • 40,791 Thanks
    soolin
    • 10th Oct 16, 6:06 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 6:06 PM
    Hello,

Should I always open a return if I am doing so? Bought some shoes, they are fine and what I wanted but too small.
    Emailed the seller and they were vague about exhange process.
    Should I just open a return and start again, as in return them and then buy the right size when the refund is through? maybe it would save on postage costs? and pitfalls that anyone has experienced? Thank you all...
    Originally posted by Firstwatch
    I assume it is a business seller and the shoes are as described but just don't fit you? As a change of mind return it is probably best to use the change of mind option just let seller know you are sending them back, and make sure you cover yourself with tracking and enough insurance in case they are lost. Then assuming seller hasn't blocked you just buy a new pair. Alternatively contact seller but don't open a case, send back tracked and insured and ask for a different size instead- and pay the additional postage costs direct.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • chancesare
    • By chancesare 11th Oct 16, 11:06 AM
    • 1,656 Posts
    • 1,210 Thanks
    chancesare
    • 11th Oct 16, 11:06 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 11:06 AM
    If you open a returns on Ebay for 'doesn't fit', Ebay will give you a tracked label that you take to the post office. They will bill your Ebay account at the end of the month for the label. Labels start at £2.99 and you can see the cost and select the service you want.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

160Posts Today

3,324Users online

Martin's Twitter