Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chris.t
    • By Chris.t 10th Oct 16, 5:11 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Chris.t
    Ukcps parking charge
    • 10th Oct 16, 5:11 PM
    Ukcps parking charge 10th Oct 16 at 5:11 PM
    Hi all, I got issued with a parking ticket whilst out for food at centertainment in Sheffield, I came back to the car with this yellow charge stuck to my windscreen. I've asked quite a few people about this matter and they've said they're a scam company in Leeds and to ignore them. After researching them I found out that they're a IPC member. I ignored the first one and they've sent me another letter stating I've" got 28 days have passed since we wrote to you and the parking charge still remains" "you got 14 days to reply." Now be fee has gone upto £100 and they say if they write to me again court proceedings will be issued.

Can anyone advise me on what to do.... Whether to ignor the letters or to appeal it ect ..

Chris
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Oct 16, 5:20 PM
    • 11,025 Posts
    • 16,459 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Oct 16, 5:20 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 5:20 PM
    Initial appeal as per the IPC section of post #1 of the newbies FAQ sticky. Your appeal will be rejected (you're just showing you are following due process at the initial stage) and a further appeal will be offered to the IAS.

Whether you appeal there is then up to you. The vast majority of regulars here believe it to be a futile. You will read the arguments in the sticky.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Carthesis
    • By Carthesis 10th Oct 16, 5:30 PM
    • 481 Posts
    • 833 Thanks
    Carthesis
    • 10th Oct 16, 5:30 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 5:30 PM
    Were you actually on-site at Centretainment, or were you using it as overflow parking for the Arena?

If you were actually at Centretainment, they allow three hours free on-site I believe, so you shouldn't have gotten a windscreen ticket unless you were there longer than that (which is easily done between dinner and a film!)

First step is to appeal officially to them.

Second, go back to the restaurant you were at, ask to see the manager, and insist they contact the PPC and get them to cancel it. If that doesn't work, get contact details for the landowner and do the same thing, including copies of the receipts from the meal / whatever.
    • Carthesis
    • By Carthesis 10th Oct 16, 5:35 PM
    • 481 Posts
    • 833 Thanks
    Carthesis
    • 10th Oct 16, 5:35 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 5:35 PM
    Oh, and unless it's changed recently, the parking firm is UKCPS. The signage on entrance to the car park is pathetically tiny and unreadable, so they're relying on the fact they've got signs dotted about the place (which are equally tiny and unreadable).

It's all visible on Google Maps - that shows that the "clear and prominent" contractual signage they relay on to "prove" you agreed to the terms is about the size of an A3 sheet of paper, with tiny writing on it. They've got a simple "TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY" sign at (one of the two) entrances, but that sign is actually *SMALLER* than the one with the actual terms on it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,844Posts Today

7,336Users online

Martin's Twitter