Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • darren72
    • By darren72 10th Oct 16, 4:26 PM
    • 842Posts
    • 154Thanks
    darren72
    Signing up to BT in another name (same household) - New Deals ?
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:26 PM
    Signing up to BT in another name (same household) - New Deals ? 10th Oct 16 at 4:26 PM
    My ex is currently paying for the BT services we have (phone and broadband) and I need to transfer this into my name.

If I sign up to BT as a new customer but with the existing phone number would this work, and would I receive new customer deals and cashback ??

Has anyone tried this before ? - I need to transfer into my name anyway, so trying to work out a way to save money too.

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 10th Oct 16, 6:35 PM
    • 5,840 Posts
    • 3,442 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 10th Oct 16, 6:35 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 6:35 PM
    If you wanted the phone number you would have to keep the account.

It's probably best to explain the situation to BT, as if you conned them and they found out, you would be stuck in the contract, but at full price.
    • darren72
    • By darren72 10th Oct 16, 6:59 PM
    • 842 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    darren72
    • 10th Oct 16, 6:59 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 6:59 PM
    The problem is I doubt the staff at BT would understand the TCB/QC cashback deals and how they work.

I know what you mean though - probably going to be best to go to another provider to be on the safe side.
    • darren72
    • By darren72 12th Oct 16, 5:39 PM
    • 842 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    darren72
    • 12th Oct 16, 5:39 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 5:39 PM
    I've spoken to BT but they don't seem to understand the situation. I've tried many different people but getting different replies.

My ex has now gone ahead and given 30 days notice to cancel the services.

Can I sign up to a new company now - before the 'cease' goes through, or must my ex cancel that request first ?

Also will it make any difference that the old internet service was FTTC and I'm thinking of signing up to Plusnet's ADSL service ?

Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

230Posts Today

2,479Users online

Martin's Twitter