Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • laingn
    • By laingn 10th Oct 16, 4:13 PM
    • 40Posts
    • 38Thanks
    laingn
    Sainsburys Loan
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:13 PM
    Sainsburys Loan 10th Oct 16 at 4:13 PM
    Hi All,

Looking for some advice. I applied for a loan with Sainsburys and have been agreed in principle but not at the advertised 3.2 rate. It stated it has been referred for a couple of checks and on some occasions the decision is overturned.

Has anyone had this previously? What are the chances my application will be rejected?

thanks in advance
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 10th Oct 16, 4:43 PM
    • 9,343 Posts
    • 9,170 Thanks
    zx81
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:43 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:43 PM
    We can't tell you. It depends on what they are checking and whether they are happy with the results of the check.
    • laingn
    • By laingn 10th Oct 16, 4:44 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    laingn
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:44 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:44 PM
    Thanks, I've never had a loan agreed in principle before so was just unsure. Will wait for the paper work to come through.
    • foxy-stoat
    • By foxy-stoat 12th Oct 16, 8:21 PM
    • 1,171 Posts
    • 649 Thanks
    foxy-stoat
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:21 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:21 PM
    Yes, just wait and report back, you will probably get offered a higher rate.
    • downhillfast
    • By downhillfast 13th Oct 16, 12:11 AM
    • 868 Posts
    • 584 Thanks
    downhillfast
    • 13th Oct 16, 12:11 AM
    • 13th Oct 16, 12:11 AM
    When I applied for a Sainsbury's loan 3 years ago it got referred. After not hearing anything from them after a couple of days I looked on the internet and saw that this was quite normal and just to give them a call (I can't remember where I read this - but likely to have been on here I guess!). They told me on the phone there and then that it was accepted and what the rate was - not the headline rate but at the time I wasn't expecting it due to not having much of a credit history for 6 years.

Give them a call tomorrow!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,082Posts Today

8,474Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @itvMLshow: Tonight #MartinLewis looks into our family finances; Marriage tax allowance, student loans and child tax credit, 8pm on @ITV?

• Don't forget 8pm tonight ITV - should be a good show. As always my aim is to, in effect, pay you to watch #martinlewis money show

• RT @bbc5live: After midday, money-saving @MartinSLewis will be here to answer your financial questions ????https://t.co/UQMSd5TKbb https://t.?

• Follow Martin