Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Faith177
    • By Faith177 10th Oct 16, 4:12 PM
    • 2,398Posts
    • 3,833Thanks
    Faith177
    Gravestone Maintaince
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:12 PM
    Gravestone Maintaince 10th Oct 16 at 4:12 PM
    Hi All

Apologies in advance if this is not the right section

I went to visit my Dad's stone yesterday and found that the base is sinking away from the main stone by about an inch to an inch and a half.

The whole row of graves looks to be affected by some kind of ground unsettlement and my Dad's luckily is the least affected.

This is the third time since he was buried in 91 that this has happened. My mum paid for it to be fixed once by the cemetery themselves, my Dad's parents and brother then fixed it themselves the second time. Yet my Great Nan who is on the other side of the cemetery has been there much longer and never had any problems with her stone.

What is the best course of action on this? I'm trying to contact the cemetery now but have had no answer yet

It's a little bit difficult as everything is in my mums name regarding the ownership of my Dad's plot (is that the correct term) and she has since passed away
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Date 27/04/2013

WW - Start Weight 15.1 Goal 10.10 loss so far 9lbs
Page 1
    • SteveJW
    • By SteveJW 11th Oct 16, 7:40 PM
    • 461 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    SteveJW
    • 11th Oct 16, 7:40 PM
    Deeds to the grave
    • 11th Oct 16, 7:40 PM
    It's a little bit difficult as everything is in my mums name regarding the ownership of my Dad's plot (is that the correct term) and she has since passed away

I think you are referring to the deeds to the grave
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,264Posts Today

6,146Users online

Martin's Twitter