Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ScaredWitless
    • By ScaredWitless 10th Oct 16, 4:02 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 4Thanks
    ScaredWitless
    DWP Refusing To Implement Award
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:02 PM
    DWP Refusing To Implement Award 10th Oct 16 at 4:02 PM
    I won my PIP Tribunal on the 5th September.

I won standard daily care and kept my enhanced mobility.

When I read through the decision notice it said I had 7 points for daily care and 14 points for mobility.

Thus the dwp applied for a correction notice.

This was done on the 29th September.

The Tribunal Service sent copies to all parties involved.

Me and my representative both received our copies on the 30th September.

The DWP are claiming NOT to have received theirs, I find this very suspicious.

They are therefore withholding payment.

I sent an email of complaint to the District Manager on the 6th October regarding this issue, she has not replied.

I have debts I cannot pay, and the backpay alone stands currently at £1100.

I've asked for help from my local mp's office but they have not been helpful either.

Can anyone advise me what to do?
Page 1
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 10th Oct 16, 4:21 PM
    • 9,969 Posts
    • 11,780 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:21 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:21 PM
    Not sure how if the DWP applied for correction notice on 29 September you received yours on the 30 September. Are these dates correct?

In any case, I think you are going to have to keep telephoning to find out if the DWP has contacted the court to find out when the correction letter was sent.

I know you are stressed but going on your dates I personally think that you are not allowing for the fact that the DWP is handling thousands of claims, letters get stacked up in people's In trays, staff don't communicate, computers are not updated etc etc - just like any other large 'business'.

It will be sorted , you just have to be patient. Perhaps your representative could give them a call on your behalf and find out what's happening.

Don't mean to be unhelpful but it is what it is.
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 10th Oct 16, 4:25 PM
    • 1,250 Posts
    • 567 Thanks
    Mersey
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:25 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:25 PM
    I don't think they're refusing to implement the award; but, sadly it is common for the DWP to state that they have not received the First Tier Tribunal decision notice.

The District Manager should reply within 10 days.

In the meantime, keep a note of any expenses or consequential losses (such as bank charges or late payment fees) as a result of the delay.

If you don't hear from the manager after 10 days you can email DWP HQ (correspondence@dwp.gsi.gov.uk )

Almost all payments arising out of Tribunal decisions are made within 30 days.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
    • ScaredWitless
    • By ScaredWitless 10th Oct 16, 4:37 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ScaredWitless
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:37 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:37 PM
    It clearly states on the corrected decision notice it was done on 29/09/2016, the Tribunal Service sent it out to everyone on the same day. The dwp applied for a correction on the 14th September.
    Last edited by ScaredWitless; 10-10-2016 at 4:45 PM.
    • ScaredWitless
    • By ScaredWitless 10th Oct 16, 4:38 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ScaredWitless
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:38 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:38 PM
    So, do I make a formal complaint regarding the DWP claiming they have not received the corrected decision notice to this email address?

Many thanks for that.
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 10th Oct 16, 5:58 PM
    • 2,663 Posts
    • 2,569 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 10th Oct 16, 5:58 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 5:58 PM
    Unfortunately it is far from uncommon for the claimant to receive notification and for a copy of the notification not to be received by DWP. First Tier Tribunal are notorious within DWP for messing up the paperwork.
    DWP staff have absolutely nothing to gain by not implementing a tribunal decision once they receive it.
    • densol
    • By densol 10th Oct 16, 7:59 PM
    • 1,112 Posts
    • 991 Thanks
    densol
    • 10th Oct 16, 7:59 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 7:59 PM
    Similar happened to my appeal. The DWP said they hadnt received the notice and when I contacted the Tribunal - they were not able to say for definite that an electronic copy had been sent to DWP. I wrote to both asking that the DWP chase the court, and that the court send to DWP. It was eventually sent and I received payment within about 2 weeks.
    Stuck on the carousel in Disneyland's Fantasyland

I live under a bridge in England
    Been a member for ten years.
    Retired in 2015 ( ill health ) Actuary for legal services.
    • ScaredWitless
    • By ScaredWitless 11th Oct 16, 10:16 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ScaredWitless
    • 11th Oct 16, 10:16 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 10:16 AM
    Good news this morning!!

DWP have FINALLY uploaded the corrected decision from the Court.

I should hear about my backpay in around 4 weeks or less, it should be around £1100.

I'm so relieved, less stress to worry about!!
    • Tommo1980
    • By Tommo1980 11th Oct 16, 10:57 AM
    • 88 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    Tommo1980
    • 11th Oct 16, 10:57 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 10:57 AM
    Glad you got it sorted. It will be a nice feeling when the money hits your account ☺

Tom
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

237Posts Today

2,274Users online

Martin's Twitter