Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • VitaFortunato
    • By VitaFortunato 10th Oct 16, 3:41 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 698Thanks
    VitaFortunato
    That's Life CTWs
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:41 PM
    That's Life CTWs 10th Oct 16 at 3:41 PM
    They seem to have changed the format so that now they tell you which ones to enter! It's no longer set out as pages, for example, 1 - 13 but as 7 or so competitions on one page which as you enter them you are then presented with more to enter but if you reach a stage where you don't want to enter what is shown then that's your lot. I hope I'm making myself clear - it all feels a bit mad! Has anyone else found this?
Page 1
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 10th Oct 16, 3:45 PM
    • 1,425 Posts
    • 48,829 Thanks
    hdh74
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:45 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:45 PM
    Yes, I don't like it at all.
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 10th Oct 16, 3:59 PM
    • 31,148 Posts
    • 185,427 Thanks
    mjm3346
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:59 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:59 PM
    At least one of the other sites has been doing that for months, I suspect they will all end up that way.
    • VitaFortunato
    • By VitaFortunato 10th Oct 16, 4:14 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 698 Thanks
    VitaFortunato
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:14 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:14 PM
    Good. I need an excuse to stop wasting my life on them! Thanks all
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 10th Oct 16, 4:28 PM
    • 31,148 Posts
    • 185,427 Thanks
    mjm3346
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:28 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:28 PM
    Good. I need an excuse to stop wasting my life on them! Thanks all
    Originally posted by VitaFortunato

Just had a further look and they are not nice especially if you only want to enter a few but from the index page you can still select each page but it means each competition you want to enter must then be opened (and closed) in a new tab.
    • VitaFortunato
    • By VitaFortunato 10th Oct 16, 5:00 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 698 Thanks
    VitaFortunato
    • 10th Oct 16, 5:00 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 5:00 PM
    Thanks mjm. I'm already questioning whether it's worth doing them but doing every one in a new tab? Not going to happen! This might be just the push I need!
    • hamsterfan1
    • By hamsterfan1 10th Oct 16, 6:31 PM
    • 7,476 Posts
    • 67,285 Thanks
    hamsterfan1
    • 10th Oct 16, 6:31 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 6:31 PM
    dound this with mobile mag dailies too
    looking forward to 27/11 I gain a son in law
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 10th Oct 16, 9:21 PM
    • 4,574 Posts
    • 73,812 Thanks
    Blulu
    • 10th Oct 16, 9:21 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 9:21 PM
    The way I do these this is not a problem. I open a click to win page, for example, That's Life. I keep that page open as my working page. So in this case it is page 1 of 13. Then I go through that page and click on the ones I want to enter with my mouse wheel. This opens each one I click on in a new tab, but my working page stays open. Then I do the same with page 2, and a few more pages, until I have a good row of tabs to work on. Then I quickly go through the tabs one by one entering each comp and closing the tab. When I get back to my working page, and carry on from where I'd stopped. I hope that makes sense. I'm probably making it sound more complicated than it is. Try it to see if you can make sense of it. I think it's the quickest way to do the CTWs, and it doesn't matter what format the landing page takes, because once you've entered you close that page anyway.

Blu X
    I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I'm going to learn, I must do it by listening - Larry King
    • VitaFortunato
    • By VitaFortunato 10th Oct 16, 10:07 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 698 Thanks
    VitaFortunato
    • 10th Oct 16, 10:07 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 10:07 PM
    Thanks for that Blu - I'll give that a try tomorrow
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 11th Oct 16, 12:21 AM
    • 1,425 Posts
    • 48,829 Thanks
    hdh74
    Also the closer ones seem to hang on 'processing' for ages since that site changed. All these tweaks are really slowing things down.
    • Technoflump
    • By Technoflump 11th Oct 16, 10:01 AM
    • 58 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    Technoflump
    The way I do these this is not a problem. I open a click to win page, for example, That's Life. I keep that page open as my working page. So in this case it is page 1 of 13. Then I go through that page and click on the ones I want to enter with my mouse wheel. This opens each one I click on in a new tab, but my working page stays open. Then I do the same with page 2, and a few more pages, until I have a good row of tabs to work on. Then I quickly go through the tabs one by one entering each comp and closing the tab. When I get back to my working page, and carry on from where I'd stopped. I hope that makes sense. I'm probably making it sound more complicated than it is. Try it to see if you can make sense of it. I think it's the quickest way to do the CTWs, and it doesn't matter what format the landing page takes, because once you've entered you close that page anyway.

Blu X
    Originally posted by Blulu
    This is exactly how I was doing it when they first started, I now do it slightly differently which I find is a bit quicker. I do the first one and then it takes you to the ones it suggests you enter, I enter all the ones that I want to enter in turn until the ones presented are ones I don't want to enter. I then go through each page and open each one that is left I want to enter in a new tab, when I have all tabs open I then enter and close each tab. This way you don't need to open and close as many tabs and makes the job slightly quicker. I hope I made sense, I know what I mean anyway
    November wins: Best Friends Bing & Sula - Astonish cleaning products (both from Mag Dailies)
    2016 wins so far =26, value £1547
    2015 wins =38, value £2415
    2014 wins =40 value £4649.50
    • luckylady7
    • By luckylady7 11th Oct 16, 1:07 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 15,686 Thanks
    luckylady7
    Another way to see all available comps is to go to the address bar and delete everything after 'sweepstakes'. This will give you all the pages again.
    • womble_lancs
    • By womble_lancs 11th Oct 16, 8:32 PM
    • 184 Posts
    • 3,642 Thanks
    womble_lancs
    I find it easier to click on the link for the official rules, and it will then give you a list of every page which is hosting that particular comp. You can just CTRL (or CMD) click on each link and open them all in new tabs.

I use a free Chrome App called 'Bulk URL opener' and if I copy and paste all the links into that, I can open as many as I want at a time. I love that app - it saves me so much time!
    2013 win: 1 x DVD | 2014 wins: retro sweets hamper; T-Rex box set; theatre tickets; children's book; £50 shopping voucher; 1 x DVD; 3 months supply of dog food; Sherlock DVD | 2015 win: Samsung Chromebook | 2016 wins: £50 iTunes vouchers; £200 cash
    • sscrase
    • By sscrase 11th Oct 16, 10:25 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 1,356 Thanks
    sscrase
    Just getting back into this and thought I'd do these today just to see how long it would take. 4 hours !!!! and that was only entering the ones I wanted.

Please tell me no one enters all these every day, I think I would go insane.
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 12th Oct 16, 10:17 AM
    • 4,574 Posts
    • 73,812 Thanks
    Blulu
    I find it easier to click on the link for the official rules, and it will then give you a list of every page which is hosting that particular comp. You can just CTRL (or CMD) click on each link and open them all in new tabs.
    Originally posted by womble_lancs
    I do this too sometimes. Mainly when I don't have much time and just want to enter for a few prizes,

Originally posted by sscrase
    I go in phases with them. I can go a very long time without doing any, and then I'll find myself watching TV and caught up on other stuff, so I think, why not CTW while I'm watching telly. Or I might choose one or two items and try to enter just those most days.

Blu X
    I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I'm going to learn, I must do it by listening - Larry King
    • Technoflump
    • By Technoflump 12th Oct 16, 2:35 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    Technoflump
    Just getting back into this and thought I'd do these today just to see how long it would take. 4 hours !!!! and that was only entering the ones I wanted.

Originally posted by sscrase
    Yes, I do these everyday. Today I timed myself and it took me 2 hours 40 minutes to do the lot.
    November wins: Best Friends Bing & Sula - Astonish cleaning products (both from Mag Dailies)
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 12th Oct 16, 5:55 PM
    • 3,524 Posts
    • 130,532 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    Yes, I do these everyday. Today I timed myself and it took me 2 hours 40 minutes to do the lot.
    Originally posted by Technoflump
    I know that wins are not guaranteed, but do you think it is worth it? What do you reckon is the value of prizes you have won from them in say the last year?

I used to do them a few years ago, (and once won a prize worth £500) but now only bother to do the odd few now and again.

• Technoflump
    • By Technoflump 12th Oct 16, 6:24 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    Technoflump
    I know that wins are not guaranteed, but do you think it is worth it? What do you reckon is the value of prizes you have won from them in say the last year?

I used to do them a few years ago, (and once won a prize worth £500) but now only bother to do the odd few now and again.
    Originally posted by Marg2k8
    I think they are worth doing, I win more on these sites than any other method, the mag dailys used to be good but despite entering every dayI haven't won a thing on them since Februaray this year.

This year on C2W hasn't been that great, but wins for me this year have been significantly down when compared to previous years despite entering just as many, if not more comps.

Going through my spreadsheet, here are the wins I have had via C2W.

September 2015 to 1st October 2016 (not won anything yet this month)
    Bluetooth Music Receiver £50
    Joni Mitchell DVD £10
    Intempo Sound bundle £80
    Glen Campbell DVD £12
    WWE Fastlane Bluray £15
    Kids DVD Bundle £20
    The Shop Girls of Chapel Street book £5
    Pink String & Sealing Wax Bluray £16
    Opinel Knife Set £90
    Varta Power Bank £30
    TTfone Jupiter mobile phone £35
    Peep Show Series 9 DVD £12
    Haribo £20
    My Name is Malala book £5
    Pink the Albums so far CD set £17
    Danganronpa Animation Bluray £28
    Sparrows Can't Sing Bluray £18
    Extinction DVD £7
    TTFone Pluto mobile phone £50
    Thermotherapy Heat Pack £10
    Unhallowed Ground DVD £7
    Cupcake Maker £20

If I go back further there are a lot more including 2 TV's and Bluray players.
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 12th Oct 16, 7:06 PM
    • 3,524 Posts
    • 130,532 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    Well done, it is good to know they are not all won by bots. No way I would have either the time or the inclination to do it though.

• womble_lancs
    • By womble_lancs 12th Oct 16, 10:09 PM
    • 184 Posts
    • 3,642 Thanks
    womble_lancs
    I use the Chrome App I mentioned earlier, which lets me open the comps in separate tabs. I usually open 30 at a time, so it's much quicker for me to enter them all that way. The browser saves my email address so I don't I have to reenter it every time, I just click the 'enter' button.

I usually enter the CTWs whilst watching TV in the evening, and just stop when it's time to go to bed. I have the comps sorted in order of how much I want the prize, so I do all the £1000 ones first, then then shopping vouchers, etc.
    2013 win: 1 x DVD | 2014 wins: retro sweets hamper; T-Rex box set; theatre tickets; children's book; £50 shopping voucher; 1 x DVD; 3 months supply of dog food; Sherlock DVD | 2015 win: Samsung Chromebook | 2016 wins: £50 iTunes vouchers; £200 cash
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,844Posts Today

7,336Users online

Martin's Twitter