Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Andrew Ryan 89
    • By Andrew Ryan 89 10th Oct 16, 3:12 PM
    • 407Posts
    • 237Thanks
    Andrew Ryan 89
    The Agony Aunt Thread
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:12 PM
    The Agony Aunt Thread 10th Oct 16 at 3:12 PM
    Hey guys, instead of creating a whole new thread I thought it could be a decent idea to have a thread for small questions and opinions.

I just wanted to know whether I was in the wrong about something. My girlfriend and I are not the best sleepers. I have trouble falling to sleep and my girlfriend won't feel too good if she does not go to bed early. Recently I have started snoring for some reason. My girlfriend will constantly wake me up when I snore as she says it wakes her up and she can't sleep. Yesterday it got ridiculous. It felt like every 20 minutes as I was drifting off she will shake me and wake me up. This happened at least 15 times yesterday and I woke up feeling so bad.

I spoke to her about this and it caused a little argument. I mentioned the fact that she -
    1. Goes to bed very early which means I have to go bed early too and then can't sleep because I am not tired
    2. Constantly wakes up and numerous times in the night to go to the toilet waking me up
    3. Has bad nightmares and turns on the light in the middle of the night waking me up
    4. Sleeps in the middle of the bed pushing me to the very end

In all these situations I try to talk to her and or deal with it. Never do I disturb her in her sleep especially knowing she won't feel good in the morning. I don't know how bad my snoring is but the fact she feels no way to constantly wake me up the second I snore instead of trying to go to sleep with the snoring. Also. I am even more upset that when I try to speak to her about it, I am essentially ignored, dismissed and the behavior continues.

EDIT: I think it will be a good idea if anyone has a new question that they type in bold.
    Last edited by Andrew Ryan 89; 12-10-2016 at 7:03 PM.
Page 2
    • thorsoak
    • By thorsoak 10th Oct 16, 4:56 PM
    • 5,176 Posts
    • 23,425 Thanks
    thorsoak
    Andrew's other thread posted 24-09-2016, 9:29 PM

Do you have a similar libido to your partner?

My girlfriend and I have always had an great sex life. We've both expressed that the best sex has been with each other (I know from my end that is genuine ) We are so comfortable with one another, like to experiment and overall sex is good.

Long story short, she has a much higher sex drive than I do. Because of pressures at work, general daily stress and me naturally being fatigued most of the time, her wanting sex everyday has turned into a bit of a problem. I am not an evening person and come 22:00 and I am looking to sleep. Her on the other hand is looking for sex. I know this sounds bad but recently sex has become a bit of a chore, to a point I have difficulty remaining aroused if she doesn't "finish" quickly.

How's your sex life with your partner?

Andrew - I suggest you review your previous posts before starting another thread!
    • maman
    • By maman 10th Oct 16, 5:36 PM
    • 14,998 Posts
    • 88,463 Thanks
    maman
    Becksybobbles the OP is known to start troll threads, telling different stories about himself on different occasions. I have no idea if he's really 20 stone, but you might want to take a look at his other threads before accusing people of being 'abusive'!
    Originally posted by .Gigolo Aunt

I though perhaps if he confines ALL his problems to the agony aunt thread then he won't need to keep starting new ones.

Incidentally I don't think anyone's been abusive just not taking him seriously. Why would you?
    • Andrew Ryan 89
    • By Andrew Ryan 89 10th Oct 16, 7:36 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    Andrew Ryan 89
    For those who asked, we go bed at the same time because she insist on it, saying that I'll wake her up if I come to bed late, despite the fact she WILL get up anyway when she goes to use the toilet. When I try to point this out it just turns into an argument or her not talking to me.
    • thorsoak
    • By thorsoak 10th Oct 16, 7:42 PM
    • 5,176 Posts
    • 23,425 Thanks
    thorsoak
    Andrew said in his first post on this thread :-

"I just wanted to know whether I was in the wrong about something. My girlfriend and I are not the best sleepers. I have trouble falling to sleep and my girlfriend won't feel too good if she does not go to bed early. Recently I have started snoring for some reason. My girlfriend will constantly wake me up when I snore as she says it wakes her up and she can't sleep. Yesterday it got ridiculous. It felt like every 20 minutes as I was drifting off she will shake me and wake me up. This happened at least 15 times yesterday and I woke up feeling so bad."

So, Andrew how do you reconcile this point with the point in your thread of 24th September:-

"Long story short, she has a much higher sex drive than I do. Because of pressures at work, general daily stress and me naturally being fatigued most of the time, her wanting sex everyday has turned into a bit of a problem. I am not an evening person and come 22:00 and I am looking to sleep. Her on the other hand is looking for sex. I know this sounds bad but recently sex has become a bit of a chore, to a point I have difficulty remaining aroused if she doesn't "finish" quickly."

Or are there TWO Andrew Ryans posting here???
    • Person_one
    • By Person_one 10th Oct 16, 9:32 PM
    • 25,997 Posts
    • 89,279 Thanks
    Person_one
    For those who asked, we go bed at the same time because she insist on it, saying that I'll wake her up if I come to bed late, despite the fact she WILL get up anyway when she goes to use the toilet. When I try to point this out it just turns into an argument or her not talking to me.
    Originally posted by Andrew Ryan 89

Have you bought her some adult nappies to try?
    • Robisere
    • By Robisere 10th Oct 16, 10:04 PM
    • 1,118 Posts
    • 1,767 Thanks
    Robisere
    I have read the OP's initial post 3 times, still missed the 'pregnant' bit.

I do think he should be ejected from under that bridge though. Does it do something a bit Walter Mitty or Billy Liar for you Andrew, making all these posts about your fantasy life?
    There may be more than one way to skin a cat.
    But the result is always inedible.

• psychopathbabble
    • By psychopathbabble 11th Oct 16, 7:12 AM
    • 5,856 Posts
    • 38,806 Thanks
    psychopathbabble
    I have read the OP's initial post 3 times, still missed the 'pregnant' bit.

I do think he should be ejected from under that bridge though. Does it do something a bit Walter Mitty or Billy Liar for you Andrew, making all these posts about your fantasy life?
    Originally posted by Robisere
    It's been mentioned in his other stories... I mean, threads he has started.

Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 Became homeowners 26.02.16 Baby girl arrived 27.10.16

Debt Paid = £5040.27/£12,185.99 (41% paid off)
    RBS CC RBS LOAN MBNA 1 MBNA 2 BED FINANCE
    • Andrew Ryan 89
    • By Andrew Ryan 89 11th Oct 16, 9:40 AM
    • 407 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    Andrew Ryan 89
    Okay guys, just for a bit of context, she would get up in the middle of the night to go pee even before the pregnancy. Furthermore, I'm not blaming her for doing so, I don't mention it at all. I'm just saying the same way she can't control her going to the toilet, I can't control my snoring. The same way I put up with her getting up, maybe she should find a solution to my snoring (ear plugs or sleeping through it) just as I find a solution to her getting up for various reasons instead of waking me up 10+ times a night.
    • Coinmachine
    • By Coinmachine 11th Oct 16, 11:42 AM
    • 175 Posts
    • 345 Thanks
    Coinmachine
    Have you tried purchasing her some Ugg type boots from Primark?
    • gabriel1980
    • By gabriel1980 11th Oct 16, 4:21 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 400 Thanks
    gabriel1980
    I also have a partner that also goes to bed early and I have to go too. I would stay up, but I like to read before I go to sleep. If I go to bed later than her, she'll already be asleep and be annoyed if I turn the light on to read. Therefore I either stay up later and then go to bed when I'm just about to fall asleep or had some beers, or go to bed at same time as her so I can read.
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 11th Oct 16, 5:11 PM
    • 8,229 Posts
    • 9,978 Thanks
    hazyjo
    For future posters it may help...

My OH goes to bed around 10-10.30pm. I go to bed around 12.30am.

We sleep in separate rooms.

Problem solved. We have a very happy relationship.

Jx
    2016 wins: ESPA gift set; jumper; lip balm x 2; kitchen scales; perfume; shoes; theatre tickets; Champagne; books; After Eights; Diet Coke; Molton Brown duo; fish slice; travel set
    • jozxyqk
    • By jozxyqk 11th Oct 16, 5:35 PM
    • 113 Posts
    • 146 Thanks
    jozxyqk
    Does she drive a Yaris?
    "I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by."
    • pollyanna24
    • By pollyanna24 12th Oct 16, 1:12 PM
    • 3,482 Posts
    • 4,039 Thanks
    pollyanna24
    Okay guys, just for a bit of context, she would get up in the middle of the night to go pee even before the pregnancy. Furthermore, I'm not blaming her for doing so, I don't mention it at all. I'm just saying the same way she can't control her going to the toilet, I can't control my snoring. The same way I put up with her getting up, maybe she should find a solution to my snoring (ear plugs or sleeping through it) just as I find a solution to her getting up for various reasons instead of waking me up 10+ times a night.
    Originally posted by Andrew Ryan 89
    So, if you are giving yourself solutions to your problem, whey are you posting on here?
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    House Worth (approx) - £386,000
    Mortgages (3rd November2016) - £188,106.63
    Equity - £197,893.37
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,523Posts Today

3,965Users online

Martin's Twitter