Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• PJD
    • By PJD 10th Oct 16, 3:10 PM
    • 540Posts
    • 176Thanks
    Problems with managing agent.
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:10 PM
    Problems with managing agent. 10th Oct 16 at 3:10 PM
    Our MA arranged for some roof work to be done, the company used a crane which damaged a section of our path, made from concrete slabs.

I emailed the MA and alerted them of the damage, and asked them to ensure that matching slabs be used. And, if matching slabs cannot be found, the entire path should be replaced with uniform slabs.

MA asked for authorisation to pay the contractor (I am a director), I request that payment is withheld until damage is rectified.

Contractor replaced the slabs with cheap, grey, council looking slabs.

This was about 7 weeks ago, I have been chasing for these slabs to be fixed since, but I am getting no-where.

I have also since found out that our MA paid the contractor the full amount for the work, BEFORE asking us (directors) for authorisation to pay.

Where do I stand here? What can I do? I am tired of continually chasing this MA.

Many thanks for any constructive help.
Page 1
    • G_M
    • By G_M 10th Oct 16, 3:18 PM
    • 36,490 Posts
    • 40,077 Thanks
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:18 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:18 PM
    Well in the longer term, clearly you need to sack the Manco and either do the job yourselves or employ a different Manco.

Re the slabs, you can only keep chasing the Manco and/or the contractors to get them replaced.

How are finances managed? Can you threaten to withold the managemet Compny's annual management charge? Or do they hold all the cash and simply pay themselves........?
    • PJD
    • By PJD 10th Oct 16, 4:24 PM
    • 540 Posts
    • 176 Thanks
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:24 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:24 PM
    Many thanks for your reply.

I am in the process of sacking them.. - that's another long story

All 30+ residents pay the MA the yearly service charge, and their fee is taken straight out of that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

161Posts Today

1,867Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Magwa61: @MartinSLewis thank you Sorry I thought it was you, conning sids ????????????????????????????????????

• No. It's NEVER the right way to switch energy. Please don't confused these 'moneyexpert' sales reps with my site mo?

• The MSE weekly email: Energy hike warning, No7 trick, £400 marriage bonus, £3 photo mug, railcard 15%off, 3.1% loan

• Follow Martin