Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kiddsky
    • By kiddsky 10th Oct 16, 2:35 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 2Thanks
    kiddsky
    Civil Enforcement LTD - Court claim - no appeal
    • 10th Oct 16, 2:35 PM
    Civil Enforcement LTD - Court claim - no appeal 10th Oct 16 at 2:35 PM
    Back in 2014 I received a parking charge notice in one of the new car parks they created in Tyneside. It was an empty car park and it was about 22:30. The lights werent installed on the lampposts they had or werent working and the only signange they had back then were the small signs on the broken lampposts.

As soon as i received the charge notice i appealed it, but also requested additional information of them. (How many signs they have in the car park, how many large signs etc).

They never replied literally not even to say that my appeal has been successful or not so i didnt get a POPLA number or anything.

They havent been in touch since. until today where they sent a letter before action.

I dont know what to do because they never responded to my appeal and i never chased it. (I am about 80% sure that i have confirmation email that they have received it) Since then they have removed their email from the website so literally only way to contact them is a letter in the post.

in later months from the parking charge they erected the big sign stating the parking rules and also SOME lights now work.

Any advice?
    Last edited by kiddsky; 10-10-2016 at 2:37 PM.
Page 1
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Oct 16, 2:49 PM
    • 5,561 Posts
    • 4,272 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Oct 16, 2:49 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 2:49 PM
    Dear Sirs, I refer to my letter dated xx Xxxxxx 2014, a copy of which I attach for ease of reference, are you yet able to let me have a reply please?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Oct 16, 3:01 PM
    • 11,030 Posts
    • 16,476 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:01 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:01 PM
    Complain to the BPA that there was no response to your initial appeal and get them to investigate.

Tell them you find it appalling that an operator that they oversee is issuing court proceedings without having gone through due process as laid out in their 'effectively binding' Code of Practice.

In addition complain to Theresa May, Sir Oliver Heald and your local MP. Please read this thread for rationale and process.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754

You have to throw everything at this now; never cower when a bully is threatening you; fight fire with fire.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • kiddsky
    • By kiddsky 10th Oct 16, 3:11 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    kiddsky
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:11 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:11 PM
    I have phoned BPA and they told me that CE Ltd dont have to reveal the method of communication as to how they responded to my appeal (Which i have no idea what its supposed to mean)
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Oct 16, 3:20 PM
    • 11,030 Posts
    • 16,476 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:20 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:20 PM
    I have phoned BPA and they told me that CE Ltd dont have to reveal the method of communication as to how they responded to my appeal (Which i have no idea what its supposed to mean)
    Originally posted by kiddsky
    You're at the serious end of this now, so everything in writing. In fact wherever you are on the PPC PCN continuum, never rely on phone calls - they provide no audit trail, and you can't show a judge a phone call.

Write to the BPA (as per above advice).
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Oct 16, 3:41 PM
    • 40,629 Posts
    • 52,498 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:41 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:41 PM
    They havent been in touch since. until today where they sent a letter before action.
    The important thing to do is to reply to the above, not get bogged down in whether a reply was sent in 2014 or how...too much detail, far too much delay and you certainly do NOT phone people up about this (we never tell anyone to make phone calls - where is your paper trail with a phone call, you get nowhere fast!). You'll get court papers at this rate - that would be defendable but you need to reply to this letter, sharpish.

LBCCC responses are all over the forum, copy/adapt one and show us your version.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Myriddin
    • By Myriddin 10th Oct 16, 4:32 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 347 Thanks
    Myriddin
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:32 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:32 PM
    Any advice?
    Originally posted by kiddsky
    Dear Sirs
    As you have not responded to my letter of appeal dated ……….. within the timescales outlined at clause 22.8 of the latest BPA code of practice (version 6), I now consider this matter closed.

Any further correspondence, other than confirmation of cancellation, will be reported to the BPA as a breach of their code of practice and code of professional conduct.

If you have proof of posting and the original appeal letter you sent then enclose copies.
    'People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.' Wizard's first rule © Terry Goodkind.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

340Posts Today

1,825Users online

Martin's Twitter