Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gazzwozz
    • By gazzwozz 10th Oct 16, 1:54 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 104Thanks
    gazzwozz
    BW Legal - Letter of Claim
    • 10th Oct 16, 1:54 PM
    BW Legal - Letter of Claim 10th Oct 16 at 1:54 PM
    I have received a "Letter of Claim" from BW Legal for a "PCN" issued on in April 2011. I was not the driver of the car at the time and they issued a ticket claiming they parked without clearly displaying a ticket (this was actually false as they had a ticket, although this was not retained). I originally followed the community advice and ignored all correspondence and heard nothing until recent. I have been reading to find out what to do next and am a little lost in the sea of replies. Is there some sort of exemption relating due to POFA being 2012? Further more I was the Registered Keeper of the car, not my wife. Any advice or links to the best way to respond would be appreciated. Also if needed I can take photos of the letters, just not sure where/how to post.

Thanks
    Last edited by gazzwozz; 02-11-2016 at 4:07 PM.
Page 2
    • Hiltop1
    • By Hiltop1 11th Oct 16, 9:03 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Hiltop1
    I know - and they can't even get their facts/lies straight.as it definitely wasn't marked Without Prejudice. They are mesmerising in their confusion followed by more letters trying to explain away their mistakes, adding more lies and mistakes along the way.

Complaint mark 3 off to SRA.
    Last edited by Hiltop1; 11-10-2016 at 9:04 PM. Reason: spelling!!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Oct 16, 12:04 AM
    • 4,150 Posts
    • 4,772 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I know - and they can't even get their facts/lies straight.as it definitely wasn't marked Without Prejudice. They are mesmerising in their confusion followed by more letters trying to explain away their mistakes, adding more lies and mistakes along the way.

Complaint mark 3 off to SRA.
    Originally posted by Hiltop1
    As the day's go by, it is very clear that BWLegal don't have a clue what they are doing .... sad really ?

The quicker the SRA at least sanction them, the better for the public and the better for the SRA ...... the SRA simply cannot afford to have rogues like this hiding behind their name
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • gazzwozz
    • By gazzwozz 2nd Nov 16, 4:08 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    gazzwozz
    Hi GAzzwoz

I think that you should edit your first post, and take out any reference to who was driving. As this is pre POFA only the driver can be pursued, and if you edit your post, no one will know who that is. Also Beamerguy - Can you please edit your "quote" from the OP, as this identifies the driver as well.
    Originally posted by paulstevens64

Noted and edited, thanks.
    • Marktheshark
    • By Marktheshark 2nd Nov 16, 4:34 PM
    • 5,336 Posts
    • 6,679 Thanks
    Marktheshark
    I would make a simply reply ;
    RE your offer to contract :

For the record your offer to contract is declined.

Any further correspondence on this matter shall be charged at my standard admin charge rate of £45 for each and every reply to any further correspondence.

There is no contract between us and you have no reason to contact me further.
    Ignorance of this will be servicing the contract of a £45 charge for each reply made to yourselves.
    Brexit will become whatever they invent it to be.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

702Posts Today

5,052Users online

Martin's Twitter