Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Willow718
    • By Willow718 10th Oct 16, 1:51 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Husband and I seperating on good terms
    • #1
    • 10th Oct 16, 1:51 PM
    Husband and I seperating on good terms 10th Oct 16 at 1:51 PM
    Can anyone offer advice please. Husband and i are seperating, on good terms. Hubby has name on title deeds of our home. The home is mortgage free and an endowment policy is due in November which hubby will take and i will give him some more. He said to get the title deeds changed into my name and he will relinquish all ties with the house. I will get in touch with land registry. Do we need to use a solicitor
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 10th Oct 16, 1:54 PM
    • 55,797 Posts
    • 49,166 Thanks
    • #2
    • 10th Oct 16, 1:54 PM
    • #2
    • 10th Oct 16, 1:54 PM
    Most certainly yes. Formalities need to be dealt with properly. Avoids any unforeseen issues at a later date. Will make the break clean.
    "Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing." - Warren Buffett
    • G_M
    • By G_M 10th Oct 16, 3:23 PM
    • 41,870 Posts
    • 48,444 Thanks
    • #3
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:23 PM
    • #3
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:23 PM
    If your question is simply about the practicalities of transferring ownership of the property - then no.

    * TR1
    * AP1
    * ID1

    Complete and send to Land Registry. See

    However if you need advice on the wider implications of the divorce settlement, and on how to ensure there are ot future claims/counterclaims over finance, property etc, then yes a solicitor is advisable.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,114Posts Today

7,107Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before

  • OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

  • I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you?

  • Follow Martin