Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • walesrob
    • By walesrob 10th Oct 16, 11:38 AM
    • 317Posts
    • 443Thanks
    walesrob
    Argos Store Card will not let go....
    • 10th Oct 16, 11:38 AM
    Argos Store Card will not let go.... 10th Oct 16 at 11:38 AM
    Hi,

I have an old Argos store card account that I closed a year ago (confirmed in writing), but somehow it manages to re-activate and is showing a zero balance. I have written to Argos card services 3 times now, and each time they have apologised and promised to update account status as settled, but then a few months later, its active again. Screenshot of Equifax report showing settled markers, strangely, an old settled marker has disappeared from last year:

There's no point in me contacting Argos Card Services again, as they will give me the runaround, i need to escalate this, but to where?
Page 1
    • GingerBob
    • By GingerBob 10th Oct 16, 11:49 AM
    • 3,051 Posts
    • 1,291 Thanks
    GingerBob
    • 10th Oct 16, 11:49 AM
    • 10th Oct 16, 11:49 AM
    The underlying problem here is the lack of quality control applied by the CRAs - basically they don't do QA.

It's probably not a big deal, but if they - Argos - don't sort it out pronto you should report the matter to the ICO.
  • National Debtline
    • 10th Oct 16, 12:36 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 12:36 PM
    Hi Walesrob,

I appreciate that your credit file is incorrect, but it would seem that it could be Argos who are reporting incorrect information to the credit agencies and if that is the case, the fault lies with the lender. Argos have failed to resolve your issue(s), so, I would suggest you take this up to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Good luck,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,705Posts Today

5,932Users online

Martin's Twitter