Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • andrew71
    • By andrew71 10th Oct 16, 11:21 AM
    • 963Posts
    • 6,269Thanks
    andrew71
    UK breaks, passing to others
    • 10th Oct 16, 11:21 AM
    UK breaks, passing to others 10th Oct 16 at 11:21 AM
    I know there's rules about passing gifts such as holidays to others but is there any problem if I wanted to give an UK break of one or two say to somebody else? Not to sell to them.
    Just if I ever win a short break I'd like to give the prize to my mum and her partner as a treat.

Page 1
    • weeowens
    • By weeowens 10th Oct 16, 11:27 AM
    • 77,912 Posts
    • 9,589,725 Thanks
    weeowens
    • 10th Oct 16, 11:27 AM
    • 10th Oct 16, 11:27 AM
    I know there's rules about passing gifts such as holidays to others but is there any problem if I wanted to give an UK break of one or two say to somebody else? Not to sell to them.
    Just if I ever win a short break I'd like to give the prize to my mum and her partner as a treat.
    Originally posted by andrew71
    Depends on the T&Cs.
    Just contact the promotor on the win & ask nicely. Worked for me in the past :-)
    • emily131
    • By emily131 10th Oct 16, 3:27 PM
    • 162 Posts
    • 2,817 Thanks
    emily131
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:27 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:27 PM
    Some specifically say they're not transferable so best to read the t&cs carefully.
    • peachyp
    • By peachyp 10th Oct 16, 7:05 PM
    • 119 Posts
    • 2,435 Thanks
    peachyp
    • 10th Oct 16, 7:05 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 7:05 PM
    I was notified very last minute (about two days before) a short break to Leeds with a meal and tickets to a specific event. We had plans which we couldn't cancel. Asked very nicely, and mentioned the late notice (nicely!) and they let us pass it to my sister in law
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,887Posts Today

6,153Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just been to @channel4's #bearhunt premier, a beautiful artist reworking BUT be warned, a surprisingly sad end, mini MSE in floods of tears

• Going to a very exciting premier right now... with Mrs and mini MSE, to the screening of "we're going on a bear hunt"

• No. Not a huge fan. Never claimed to be.Just a fan. And one who choose to prioritise family time with his little gi? https://t.co/lZ9uUylk2U

• Follow Martin