Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kaius2009
    • By Kaius2009 10th Oct 16, 11:08 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Kaius2009
    On brink of exchange - Solicitor goes on holiday without telling me?!
    • 10th Oct 16, 11:08 AM
    On brink of exchange - Solicitor goes on holiday without telling me?! 10th Oct 16 at 11:08 AM
    So we were due to exchange 2 weeks ago last Friday, for long and boring reasons that didn't happen.

So after a stressful 2 week wait with the odd update from my solicitor (she's been great up to now!) I gathered that we would be exchanging on Friday last, so Friday morning I email her for an update just to see if she's thinking along the lines that I am...AND I GET AN OUT OF OFFICE REPLY BACK?!

Fuming doesn't come close. She's away until the 17th October, and our timescale all along was to complete on the 14th. But worst of all - she didn't tell me! I had literally no clue! So I called the office and was passed from pillar to post to try and find some one who knew anything, and got a man who confirms that he would be able to exvchange contracts in my Sols absence, but he's not up to speed with my case so will need to get looking into it and this and that, so he's made it nice and clear that no handover of my case was done either.....

Does my solicitor just expect me to hang around till 17th? I have to be out of my flat by 3rd November and work needs doing on the new house AND I have 2 kids that are likely to be homeless come the 3rd if it's not all sorted - and she just POOF vanishes!

What can I do? I'm not obviously going to do anything until I have got what I need (exchange/completed) but I think her behaviour has been totally unprofessional and I am SO angry! Shall I make a complaint against her to her Director? What would you do in my situation?

Thanks!
Page 2
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 11th Oct 16, 3:00 PM
    • 3,878 Posts
    • 3,450 Thanks
    davidmcn
    would it be totally unreasonable to contact them myself?
    Originally posted by Kaius2009
    Yes. They won't talk to you. They're not allowed to talk to you if you have your own solicitor. If anything it'll just irritate them. If you want to try chasing someone up, do it via the estate agents.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1Posts Today

4,634Users online

Martin's Twitter