Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Changie
    • By Changie 10th Oct 16, 10:01 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Changie
    Charged by Hotel for Breakfast but they won't send me a receipt
    • 10th Oct 16, 10:01 AM
    Charged by Hotel for Breakfast but they won't send me a receipt 10th Oct 16 at 10:01 AM
    So I paid for a a work colleague to stay over night in a local hotel. We usually use the company credit card for this but the owner of the credit card was on holiday so I authorised mine for the two nights plus breakfast.
    I've been sent an emailed receipt for the hotel nights but when I got my credit card statement I noticed an additional charge. I'm fairly sure this must be for breakfast and had authorised this so that isn't really a problem.

The issue is that I need to claim this charge on my expenses and really require the receipt to do this (I can claim without the receipt but its easier with it and better for the business).

I have contacted the hotel on the telephone and on Email and have been promised a copy of the receipt but this hasn't been received. Is there anything more I can do?
Page 2
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 11th Oct 16, 10:06 PM
    • 2,158 Posts
    • 17,468 Thanks
    mije1983
    Weird post...

1. You are a bit of a nit in that you are claiming back every penny spent, which in fairness is completely fine if that is what your employer allows.

2. You, however, are only "fairly sure" that it was a breakfast charge!

Sorry but you're a bit careless! Were you having a few drinks on company funds (if you say yes it may "open up a can of worms" )? Because I can't see how you could only be "fairly sure" about what a particular charge was on YOUR PERSONAL card. Did you get excited in the room (other users have pointed to that possibility) one night?

Something smells really fishy.

Really shocked that you are not confident on what the charge corresponds to, given the company card was unavailable.
    Originally posted by daytona0

Erm......did you miss this part of the OP's post?

So I paid for a a work colleague to stay over night in a local hotel.
    Originally posted by Changie

OP paid for the colleague to stay there, not himself. That's why he doesn't know if it's for breakfast or a 'late night film'.

Also, why should he not claim his money back? I sure as hell do!

• daytona0
    • By daytona0 11th Oct 16, 10:52 PM
    • 1,796 Posts
    • 2,021 Thanks
    daytona0
    Erm......did you miss this part of the OP's post?

OP paid for the colleague to stay there, not himself. That's why he doesn't know if it's for breakfast or a 'late night film'.

Also, why should he not claim his money back? I sure as hell do!
    Originally posted by mije1983
    I guess I did miss that! Ah well.

Didn't say that he shouldn't claim it back, just said he was a bit of a nit for doing so (when I was under the impression he was spending on his own behalf!).

If he doesn't know then one possible option is to approach the colleague and determine what the extra charge is for.
    ent.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 11th Oct 16, 11:10 PM
    • 2,158 Posts
    • 17,468 Thanks
    mije1983
    If he doesn't know then one possible option is to approach the colleague and determine what the extra charge is for.
    You would think that it was the first thing the OP would do. Being the simplest, easiest and quickest method to find out what the charge was, and indeed, if he even wants it going through as expenses!

But as they haven't menitoned it I guess not!

• Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 12th Oct 16, 9:15 AM
    • 1,412 Posts
    • 686 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Something smells really fishy.
    Maybe the OP's colleague had kippers for breakfast!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

431Posts Today

1,798Users online

Martin's Twitter