Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rich81
    • By rich81 10th Oct 16, 7:46 AM
    • 8Posts
    • 6Thanks
    rich81
    How much spare cash?
    • 10th Oct 16, 7:46 AM
    How much spare cash? 10th Oct 16 at 7:46 AM
    How much money do you have left after all of your bills and essential spending?
Page 2
    • theoretica
    • By theoretica 15th Oct 16, 2:28 PM
    • 4,490 Posts
    • 5,655 Thanks
    theoretica
    She works out that ideally you'd look to having 50% of your expenses on needs, 30% wants and 20% savings.
    Originally posted by hohum
    I find this sort of division guide unhelpful as a personal guide - my 'needs' are fairly fixed and won't increase just because my income does, until something huge happens like moving house. And they are needs so I can't decrease them if income falls.
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
    • Jon B
    • By Jon B 15th Oct 16, 8:58 PM
    • 723 Posts
    • 620 Thanks
    Jon B
    About £1,700, but like others I don't consider it spare as it gets allocated somewhere.
    • QuietOne
    • By QuietOne 15th Oct 16, 9:37 PM
    • 115 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    QuietOne
    I haven't posted here in a while but found this topic quite interesting. At the moment after my monthly bills and credit card I have roughly between £350 - £400 a month. But after doing a lot of overtime in September my pay will be a lot more than usual so if calculated correctly I will allocate £780 to pay off my credit card, £500 rent, £267.78 to pay off my smart watch which I ordered from Littlewoods, £42.75 for Virgin Media and £47 for my Phone contract. Which will leave me with roughly £280 which will be carried over to next pay which then I will pay my phone off on O2 refresh.

So by December's pay, I'll have three bills to pay, £500 rent, £42.75 for Virgin and £27 for mobile contract so that will leave me with between £600 to £700 a month which will go into savings.
    Littlewoods £0/£750
    Barclaycard £0/£1,000 @ 0% Nov '18

Goal: To be debt free by Oct' 31st 2016.

Now debt free!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

611Posts Today

3,658Users online

Martin's Twitter