Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 10th Oct 16, 5:36 AM
    • 2,467Posts
    • 28,587Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    O/S Daily Thread for Monday 10th October
    • 10th Oct 16, 5:36 AM
    O/S Daily Thread for Monday 10th October 10th Oct 16 at 5:36 AM
    This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
Page 2
    • Gers
    • By Gers 10th Oct 16, 4:54 PM
    • 4,705 Posts
    • 24,842 Thanks
    Gers
    Afternoon from a very sunny but chilly west coast.

I dropped my cousin at the airport at noon and headed straight home, just as well as shortly after I passed Arrochar a travel news report came over the radio about the road being closed just before Arrochar at Luss - and it's still closed now. Seems a lorry overturned.

The drive home was just beautiful, I tried to soak in the loveliness of it to sustain me through the coming winter. It'll probably be a while before it's so bright and dry again.

I'm not going to cut the grass tonight, it'll keep for tomorrow when the sun is promised again. I've unpacked, put things away, been to drop off two parcels for different neighbours, filled four bird feeders (woodpecker was the first one back at the peanuts) and sorted the mail out. Now it's feet up - head down time for the rest of the evening.

I hope everyone is resting now too.
    • ancientofdays
    • By ancientofdays 10th Oct 16, 7:17 PM
    • 722 Posts
    • 7,415 Thanks
    ancientofdays
    Well today was a busy day! And now I have lost a mousetrap, I do know that killing mice is cruel but it is cruel to us to find mice scuttling all over the place and doing mousey poos on work surfaces. I can't bear to think of them dying slowly through poison so use the conventional traps. At leadt that is an instant death. One has disappeared from the kitchen. The sooner I find us a house to buy the better. A house with no mice, doors that open, windows that close and then open, radiators that are properly fixed to the walls, you get the idea.

Moan over. But if you have good clues about this s*dding mousetrap, answers on a postcard please.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
    • csarina2
    • By csarina2 10th Oct 16, 10:43 PM
    • 1,253 Posts
    • 10,641 Thanks
    csarina2
    When we lived in the farm cottage we had a visitation from mice. I had 2 traps which were put down each night. In the morning there was always a mouse in at least one of the traps. This particular morning there was only one trap and no mice. We eventually found both the trap and the mouse, behind the washer when we disconnected it to move. The trap, with the mouse in was behind it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,211Posts Today

6,523Users online

Martin's Twitter