Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • maomaomylove
    • By maomaomylove 9th Oct 16, 10:14 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 16Thanks
    maomaomylove
    ParkingEye PCN - broken ticket machine, need help on POPLA appeal
    • 9th Oct 16, 10:14 PM
    ParkingEye PCN - broken ticket machine, need help on POPLA appeal 9th Oct 16 at 10:14 PM
    Hi everyone, I am very new here, but I need some help on the POPLA appeal against ParkingEye, many thanks.

We received a PCN as the keeper of the car, on an event happened on a rainy Sunday night. Can't remember who was the driver, but still remember the event.

It was a rainy Sunday night around 9pm, we had an emergency doctor appointment arranged by 111 for our baby in City of Coventry Health Centre. When we arrived the car park, it was very dark, no light (or nearly like no light), no clear signs can be seen at the entrance and the car park was very empty. The driver got off the car and tried to search for any signs, and found a broken pay&display ticket machine. There was no clear instructions on the machine to tell us what to do in the event when broken. We looked around, and could not see any other clear signs in the rain.

We couldn't make a payment due to, unclear signs at night and in poor weather condition, broken ticket machine and no clear instructions. Also consider there was a sick baby waiting for an emergency doctor appointment at that time.

I have appealed to ParkingEye based on fact mentioned above, and also used the template Coupon-mad provided in the NEWBIES thread, but they rejected my appeal with the reply: "...Our records confirm that no parking was purchased on the date of the parking event, despite there being payment methods available on the day in question....As gesture of goodwill, we have extended the discount period for a further 14 days from the date of this correspondence (only 1 week left now)..." They did provide me a POPLA code though.

Do you guys think if I appeal to POPLA, I have a chance to win or lose?

Many thanks again!
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Oct 16, 12:12 AM
    • 40,389 Posts
    • 52,282 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    That should do it!

Save the whole document as a PDF then attach it under 'OTHER' (only 'other') on the POPLA website. It's weird and doesn't show you what you have uploaded as an attachment so make sure you attach the right PDF, then it uploads and morphs into a little 'bin' icon. Then submit the appeal and you will get an email & tracking password.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• maomaomylove
    • By maomaomylove 2nd Nov 16, 9:07 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    maomaomylove
    That should do it!

Save the whole document as a PDF then attach it under 'OTHER' (only 'other') on the POPLA website. It's weird and doesn't show you what you have uploaded as an attachment so make sure you attach the right PDF, then it uploads and morphs into a little 'bin' icon. Then submit the appeal and you will get an email & tracking password.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Many thanks for the help!!! I have received the reply from POPLA today, and my appeal is successful!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Nov 16, 9:08 PM
    • 40,389 Posts
    • 52,282 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Nice one - don't tell me, PE threw in the towel without contest?
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• maomaomylove
    • By maomaomylove 2nd Nov 16, 9:09 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    maomaomylove
    Received the reply from POPLA today, and it said:

Dear XXXX

Thank you for submitting your parking charge Appeal to POPLA.

An Appeal has been opened with the reference XXXXXXXXXX.

Parking Eye Ltd have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

Yours sincerely

POPLA Team

Many many thanks to MSE and everyone here to help me win this case!!!
    Last edited by maomaomylove; 02-11-2016 at 9:12 PM. Reason: Remove some sensitive information
    • maomaomylove
    • By maomaomylove 2nd Nov 16, 9:10 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    maomaomylove
    Nice one - don't tell me, PE threw in the towel without contest?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    It seems like they did, "Parking Eye Ltd have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. "
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,583Posts Today

7,113Users online

Martin's Twitter