Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 9th Oct 16, 9:09 PM
    • 2,267Posts
    • 32,818Thanks
    Natty68
    Weekly Flylady Thread 10 October 2016
    • 9th Oct 16, 9:09 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 10 October 2016 9th Oct 16 at 9:09 PM
    Thank you, Valli, for last week's thread.

It is your responsibility to read the forum rules, please follow them on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us.

Welcome to the Weekly Flylady thread. If you need help organising your week or getting motivated when it comes to housework then come and join us.

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up!
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Here goes...

Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Sociable Study/Pc Area
    Level One...
    Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)
    Throw away all those empty bottles of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, hairspray etc. I know they make the room look pretty but they are just cluttering up the place..!!
    Level Two...
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Remove and bin all those slivers of soap that you have been saving, do you really need them?
    Clear any clutter from desk
    Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!!
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
    Level Three...
    Clear clutter from floor
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.. defragment the pc while doing this (programs.. accessories..system tools.. defragment!.).. if you do the disc cleanup as well, clear all the cookies and temporary files too
    Delete 10 links in your favourites which you no longer use or are dead!
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    Clean/wash the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I don’t want anyone electrocuted!!
    Change hand towels and flannels
    Extra mission:
    • Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    • Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc
    • Grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!
    • Clean the radiators in these rooms
    • Pull out the pc and desk and clear under and behind it.. how much money did you find? Clean windows, hang up clean nets and draught-proof curtains and any table cloths/throws or other dust and grot gathering bits of fabric!
    • Wipe sticky and dirty marks off the walls and doors

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom & Loopy Landing
    Level One...

Check fire alarms are working
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Level Two...
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen.. do you need that winter duvet yet?
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level Three...
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Extra tasks list:
    • 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Check house for places where draughts are getting in.. doors, windows etc and see if there are ways to stop it!
    • Clean out that airing cupboard!!!!!! get rid of those things you don't need.. use dead towels as cleaning cloths etc.. be ruthless!!!! you REALLY don't need that 'thing' you've saved for 10 years.. 'just in case'

Wishful Wednesday ~ those frightening kids rooms and spare rooms
    Level One...

Vacuum the floor, even if it's just where you can see
    Level Two...
    Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Don’t forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
    Level Three..
    Strip beds and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets need freshening up too!!
    Sort through a cupboard/chest of drawers and get the clothes out which are no longer wearable, too small or out of season!
    Wipe any sticky marks off walls and doors
    Extra task list
    • Wash a set of curtains, nets, duvet or throw
    • Time for the Flylady Fling, in the toy box!!!! aim for 27.. if no toy box you’ll have to choose another area!
    • 30 minutes ironing
    • Pull out the beds, furniture and clean all behind them.. the skirtings and light fittings and everything.. get rid of all the things that are no longer required!

Tantalising Thursday ~ Kooking Kitchen and Dancing Dining Room
    Level One...

Clean floors
    Level Two...
    Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces
    Sort fridge bringing what needs using soon to the front, clean out any spills or grots in there!
    Wipe dining table.. (clean table cloth if necessary)
    Level Three...
    Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc
    Descale kettle and iron
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Check those washing machine filters and drawers for ickiness!! Tumble dryer and dishwasher filters need to be done too!!
    Extra Mission...
    • Wipe window sills and clean windows in these rooms
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!
    • Clean oven if you didn't do it last week
    • 30 minutes ironing.
    • Get in that food cupboard. Give it all a GOOD scrub out before placing the things you need to use soon at the front. Check dates and freshness on older things, and See if you can incorporate these into next weeks meal plan! Feel free to get carried away and do more cupboards!!!

Friday ~ Luscious Living Room, Handsome Hall Stupendous Stairs
    Level One...

Vacuum floors and sofas
    Level Two...
    Dusting, even if around everything
    Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    Water any thirsty plants, wipe their poor neglected leaves!!
    Level Three...
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    Tidy shoes, coats and bags .. wash any that need washing in preparation for cold weather!! See if there are any that don't fit, past their best or just plain uncomfy which could leave the house!
    Put up linings or winter curtains to keep out those draughts.
    Extra Mission...
    • Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.
    • Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    • Clean a window or two.
    • Get yourself a bag or box, go around collecting things that are not in the place they should be, then put them back where they should be, or better still give them to their owners to put away themselves
    • 30 minutes ironing
    • Get those uniforms, games kits, coats and things in the wash which you will need on Monday
    • Clean light fittings, skirtings even the ones behind furniture. Clean fire-surrounds. Wipe sofa's down. Clear as may hotspots as you can.. see if you can get it all into one pile instead of 15!!!
    Last edited by Natty68; 13-10-2016 at 9:56 PM.

Debt free as of 3rd May 2012
    But still struggling financially
Page 6
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 13th Oct 16, 11:03 AM
    • 1,205 Posts
    • 17,800 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    The horsepital phoned today and I have an appointment to have my cataract done on Wednesday 2nd Nov. Not really looking forward to it, though it is getting annoying now.
    Originally posted by lynnejk
    I can only echo what other people said; my mum and MIL have both had theirs done and Mr N had one done - none of them had any problems and pretty mild discomfort for a day or so. Working out the regime for the eye drops was the biggest hassle, especially with MIL as she isn't good at remembering things.

Woke up to pouring rain which was rather alarming as I had church flowers to do. Luckily it stopped, although I got pretty wet picking things - I've been holding off pruning the yellow clematis as it has lots of lovely fluffy (soggy now) seed heads which I thought would be good for my arrangement. Anyway that's all done; I put my very small (ranging from golf ball to orange size) pumpkins with the arrangement on the windowsill as I'm not exactly going to dine well on them.
    - Sent/left messages to other flower ladies and cleaner to let them know what I've done.
    - Posted a letter.
    - One load through DW.
    - Car loaded up to go away.
    - Milk out of freezer so we'll have some to come back to.
    - in hand then it's a quick rush round the house to pick up/tidy anything crucial, then lunch, change and uni. I'm sure they have shops in South Wales if I've forgotten anything, it's only 3 days for goodness sakes.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 13th Oct 16, 1:59 PM
    • 3,885 Posts
    • 39,795 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    (((Hugs))) ATB, and I hope today is a bit better. However, if you feel the need to blub again, we're all here for you.

*No worries* and *being strong and couragous vibes* heading your way Lynne. My mother had hers done at 80+, several years after her Parkinson's diagnosis and she coped, as you will. It will be worth it.

Have a lovely break, Narco.

Kelpie has been to hydrotherapy and the vet nurse who runs the place has fully conceded that yes, Kelpie does wag his tail while she's swimming him. In fact, she got so wet from the tail waggin that she can't deny it any more, bless him. The he and I went to the garden centre to get potting compost and bulbs, plus two small replacement rosemarys for the one that I say died, and OH says I killed. It was his, it had been in the same bucket for over 30 years, in the same soil and the stem had split. I rest my case. Lunch scoffed and when I'm feeling as though I've got some energy I'll be doing the shower room and then it's back up to the attic for more sorting.
    Keeping it AF
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 13th Oct 16, 4:37 PM
    • 8,877 Posts
    • 96,691 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Lynne the sooner it's done, the sooner you can negotiate steps without problems, hun. x Will you need to apply drops? I have to put in drops every morning now because the Sjogrens is affecting my eyes, it's a bit of a faff, but well worth it.

HB it's great that Kelpie likes his hydrotherapy; I can imagine his therapist getting soaked with his waggy tail.

I met the most beautiful Malamute outside Ald!'s today - I have no idea why, but the lady with her walked up to my wheelchair and asked if I'd like to meet Belle. She was so lovely-natured, and an absolutely fantastic coat - has to be a labour of love keeping her brushed!

Mr LW has been asked several times for ideas for tonight's dins (having been poorly, I've gotten behind on meal planning). He still hasn't given me an answer, so he'll have mushroom risotto, and like it! So there!
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 13th Oct 16, 4:49 PM
    • 4,159 Posts
    • 42,136 Thanks
    Jazee
    Afternoon flyladies. I did as promised and was the flylady representative at CY's funeral. As some of you will have seen on FB it was a lovely hour long Harry Potter themed service all planned by Jenny herself and I'm still humming 'Let's go fly a kite' which was the last piece of music played.

I hope you'll all be humming it tonight too.
    The "Save 12k in 2017" Thread! Jan £0

• hex2
    • By hex2 13th Oct 16, 4:52 PM
    • 4,561 Posts
    • 78,541 Thanks
    hex2
    Evening all. Thinking of CY and family.

I have done bits of the kitchen, and the bins and the recycling. The dining room is the 'room of doom', it just has to wait till I am not working.

WM and DW on, inevitably. DS1 did the DW, DS2 hoovered. I made suitably grateful noises and added ticks to the tally chart. I like outsourcing.

(Send it soaring, up through the atmosphere, up where the air is clear........)
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 13th Oct 16, 4:58 PM
    • 14,870 Posts
    • 189,902 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    That is so weird this afternoon one of the children got upset so I was singing I hear thunder putter patter raindrops with them to cheer them up and we together morphed into let's go fly a kite, someone asked us why we were strolling round a corridor in school singing that but neither of us knew.

I will miss CYs posts, I wasn't lucky enough to meet her in person but she was a lovely virtual friend
    grocery challenge November budget £400 spent £231.76
    SPC~10 No100 : : X2
    read your books challenge-currently on It started with a kiss
    xstitch challenge 63 'mittens' lyric cushion
    16 in 2016 challenge 12/16 stockings
    2016 wooligan stuff - 86 assorted hats, 9,beadbags 10,hedgehogs
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 13th Oct 16, 8:45 PM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 82,180 Thanks
    bossymoo
    Thank you Jazee for being the flylady representative. Sounds like a very fitting service. I hope she's all comfy on that great big sofa in the sky, with a glass of fizz, and Professor Snape for company <3

Had a bit of a busy day here with a couple of appointments and then football training tonight. Weather wasn't as bad as forecast, phew, but I managed to squeeze his arm into a hoody and anorak, so he was warm. DD and I shared a camping chair and she read kindle books to me under our brolly

Really just been maintaining here on the flying front - must do better
    Bossymoo
    Teetering on the edge...

Sealed Pot Challenge 9 - #91 - £150 so far
    • Valli
    • By Valli 13th Oct 16, 10:20 PM
    • 19,472 Posts
    • 222,211 Thanks
    Valli
    Thank you too Jazee from me,

Not flown much...

WM, DW & TD so that's something ooh I ironed
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!

Roadkill Rebel #16 2015 Roadkill Haul - £23.25 + 7c (Eu) + a dime (31.12.2015)
    2016 Roadkill Haul - £05.75, 10c ($) and 10c (Eu)
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 13th Oct 16, 11:50 PM
    • 4,595 Posts
    • 45,599 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Evening everyone

Thanks a million for the kind words and support re my minor op peoples - and yes LW, I will have to do the eye drops routine.

Love hearing how much Kelpie is enjoying the hydrotherapy HB

Thank you Jazee for being our rep today 'up to the highest heights' eh

That was great Bossy - your image of CY was lovely

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom
    Extra tasks list:
    Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!

Tantalising Thursday ~ Kooking Kitchen and Dancing Dining Room
    Extra Mission...
    Get in that food cupboard. Give it all a GOOD scrub out before placing the things you need to use soon at the front. Check dates and freshness on older things, and See if you can incorporate these into next weeks meal plan! Feel free to get carried away and do more cupboards!!!

Hugs, sticks and spoons to all needing some
    Hope you all have a fabulous Friday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213:2015=3421..2016=2925.25...DEC=216.85/310
    GrocC...2014=2162:2015=2083..2016=1703.02....DEC=32.52/200
    Bulk buy.......DEC=150.59...
    GC.NSD....2015=216.....2016=193............DEC=7/15
    SPC130x54...2014=1178...2015=1287...2016=4616. ..2017=41.30
    OS WL= 2/4 ......CC =NIL......Savings = tbc
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 14th Oct 16, 7:34 AM
    • 14,870 Posts
    • 189,902 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Morning all
    Hugs good wishes and posi vibes where needed.
    Early start today as very busy weekend planned. I'm going out now to finish the bottom fence, then plan to clear as much stuff off the top bed in ds1s room as I can, got one of those sofa/futon double beds under a single top bunk things in this room. The futon base wasn't early suitable as a permanent sleeping arrangement so when we changed our mattress he blagged our old one it's really too big for the room and blocks the window of all light. Ds2 has been offered his gfs almost new bed from her dads house so obviously wants that, so we have a weekend of bed Tetris planned. Collect the gfs bed, instal that in ds2s room move his current bed into ds1s room and dismantle the sofa/futon affair get it down stairs and after getting correct mattresses from spare room offer all that on freecycle. Should fill most of the weekend.
    Then I need to do a list of all jobs for next week so nothing gets missed.
    Hopefully heating will be fixed at mils today neeed to ring and check this afternoon.

Right it's light enough now better get outside and start painting. Oh and I managed to source some creocote (safe creosote) it's cheaper of Amazon than diy places and has free delivery so the pub side of the fence is getting that as we always do ours and neighbour's so the fence at the top of the car park looks uniform in colour and care.

Back when I finish or run out of stuff which ever comes first.
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 14th Oct 16, 10:21 AM
    • 1,955 Posts
    • 30,093 Thanks
    ionafan
    Morning all

Thank you Jazee for representing us yesterday.

Well, after a bleak day on Wednesday, DH finally bit the bullet and made himself an appointment with the GP yesterday morning. He is now not supposed to drive until more investigations have been done. I am away this weekend and can't take him to play trains tomorrow, but he will just have to make his own way there by bus (2 hours, instead of 30 min by car). He knows deep down that it is right. I dropped him off at the horse piddle this morning for his fasting blood tests (didn't want him fainting with hunger) and left him to make his own way home via the bank.

I stopped off on my way home to buy sealant to re-do the shower silicone along the top of the tray which has developed a little hole.
    Also got replacement batteries for 2 watches which are under a lifetime guarantee from MrTim the repair man, so very
    I even found a free parking space in town

Still playing catchup with college work, but I've done the necessary preparation for the weekend course.
    Also started WMx1.
    Packing later.
    Other flying is limited to S&S - will be with you all in spirit, if not in action. Where I'm going, the wifi is somewhat intermittent!

Hope everyone has a productive day today, whether your list is long or short, and a restful weekend. (((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round, as needed x
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 14th Oct 16, 10:29 AM
    • 14,870 Posts
    • 189,902 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    neighbour's side and bottom fence all done not got enough to do park side and all trellis needs taking down for that so I'll can't it a day re fence painting andgo give my hands a scrub before starting to move guitars and other detritus off top bed.
    Glad you've got Dh in for checks Iona hope it's something that can be sorted quickly and simply.
    • nicki
    • By nicki 14th Oct 16, 10:31 AM
    • 7,233 Posts
    • 87,792 Thanks
    nicki
    Morning all.

Jazee - Thank you for representing the flyladies. I haven't been on the thread for a few days, but was thinking of CY and her family and friends yesterday.

Sorry I haven't caught up with the thread properly. Hopefully I'll get a chance to tomorrow. I've not really flown this week except cleaning the bathroom on Monday, I have no idea where the time has gone.

I've already done dailies upstairs, and the WM has just finished the first wash of the day. I'm stuck in waiting for a sack of dog food to be delivered so I'm going to get stuck in.

Magical Monday - Bathroom

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom & Loopy Landing

Level Two...
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen.. do you need that winter duvet yet?
    Level Three...
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Extra tasks list:
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Check house for places where draughts are getting in.. doors, windows etc and see if there are ways to stop it!
    Wishful Wednesday ~ those frightening kids rooms
    Level One...

Vacuum the floor, even if it's just where you can see
    Level Two...
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Don’t forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
    Level Three..
    Strip beds and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets need freshening up too!!
    Wipe any sticky marks off walls and doors
    Extra task list
    • Pull out the beds, furniture and clean all behind them.. the skirtings and light fittings and everything.. get rid of all the things that are no longer required!
    Tantalising Thursday ~ Kooking Kitchen
    Level One...

Clean floors
    Level Two...
    Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces
    Sort fridge bringing what needs using soon to the front, clean out any spills or grots in there!
    Level Three...
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Check those washing machine filters and drawers for ickiness!! Tumble dryer filters need to be done too!!
    Extra Mission...
    • Wipe window sills and clean windows in these rooms
    • Get in that food cupboard. Give it all a GOOD scrub out before placing the things you need to use soon at the front. Check dates and freshness on older things, and See if you can incorporate these into next weeks meal plan! Feel free to get carried away and do more cupboards!!!
    Friday ~ Luscious Living Room, Handsome Hall Stupendous Stairs
    Level One...

Vacuum floors and sofas
    Level Two...
    Dusting, even if around everything
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    Level Three...
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    Put up linings or winter curtains to keep out those draughts.
    Extra Mission...
    • Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.
    • Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    • Clean a window or two.
    • 30 minutes ironing
    • Clean light fittings, skirtings even the ones behind furniture. Clean fire-surrounds. Wipe sofa's down. Clear as may hotspots as you can.. see if you can get it all into one pile instead of 15!!!
    Just going to finish my coffee then I'm going to get stuck into the livingroom. DD can do the bedrooms when she gets in as they're tidy and she needs to earn her pocketmoney. Back soon.
    Baby steps and organisation....
    Declutter 2016 in 2016 : 1534/2016 (Actually left the house!)
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 14th Oct 16, 10:38 AM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 82,180 Thanks
    bossymoo
    Morning!

Still just maintaining here - done another wash for some bits we'll need at the weekend, and breakfast things washed and tidied away.

DS bag packed as he's going for a sleepover with gramps tonight so they can get an early train for a boys day out tomorrow. Started putting DDs and my things for an overnighter together too.

I'm popping out now to meet some WAY buddies for coffee and a natter, going to buy a new brolly en route...

Won't be around this weekend but hope all of yours are enjoyable xx
    Bossymoo
    Teetering on the edge...

• Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 14th Oct 16, 10:41 AM
    • 3,885 Posts
    • 39,795 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    I'll see if I can get OH to upload the film of Kelpie having his first hydrotherapy session (terrified) and then if he'll come with us next week, take another of him wagging his tail. The vet nurse who runs it is absolutely excellent and it's all down to her.

Thanks, Jazee, for letting us know about CY's send off. It sounds lovely, the perfect celebration of a life well lived, highly individual and just right.

Meal planning. It took me years and years to find a system that works for us, but finally this year I've cracked it. I bought OH a Simon's Cat calendar for Christmas last year and while he liked it, he didn't actually have a use for it, so I co-opted it . (Exactly the same procedure will be happening again this year, too, because I've already acquired the 2017 one. Tee hee.) It only has one line per day and I love, love, love the little cartoons dotted all over the monthly pages, so getting it down off it's hook and working on it is an absolute pleasure. The first thing I do every month is fill in all the meals we both enjoy for the days we have them every week (fish and chip Friday, pizza Saturday, a sort of Sunday roast, leftovers on Monday) which leaves only three days a week for me to worry about. By the time I've allocated risotto, curry (currently apple and parsnip curry is going down a treat), onion flan, spag bol, fish soup, and all the other meals we both enjoy there are usually only two or three days over the month when repetition would be too dull for words and that's when I go freezer diving for the whoopsied bargains we've both shoved in there. After two months of doing it inspiration was found by flicking back and seeing what we'd had a few weeks ago and meal planning finally all fell into place. Tuesday morning I generally offer him the choice of what he'd like from the options that week of the three meals that are changeable and it doesn't matter to me which one he decides would suit him best - they'll all get eaten. Re-inventing the wheel isn't my way of having fun - the more I can crib what we've already figured out works for us, the better and easier life is. But it took me four years of trying to figure all of that out.

The ground floor needs a de-Kelpie fluff. He may be only half Spitz but by goodness his coat isn't. The kitchen floor could do with de-minging but other than that the house is looking pretty straight thanks to everyone on this thread, past and present. I might dust.
    Keeping it AF
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 14th Oct 16, 1:34 PM
    • 1,620 Posts
    • 8,580 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Thank you so much for being our representative Jazee xx

Still not feeling great today but painting a smile on my face and getting cracked on. I shall be glad when we are curled up on the sofa today with a well deserved glass of wine

Big hugs all round xx
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 3.11.16 - £139,251.40
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 14th Oct 16, 4:15 PM
    • 8,877 Posts
    • 96,691 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Well, after a bleak day on Wednesday, DH finally bit the bullet and made himself an appointment with the GP yesterday morning. He is now not supposed to drive until more investigations have been done.
    Originally posted by ionafan
    Fingers crossed they can get to the bottom of it, and that it's nothing serious.

Mr LW has also got a GP appointment, as he's had a horrible persistent cough for at least a month, and it's worrying me to death. The first appointment he could get, with ANY GP at the practise, was 7th November, which is pretty poor, really. Bless him, he couldn't get his head round the online booking system, so Muggins here ended up doing it for him (and he used to be an IT professional....)

Flying will be minimal for the next fortnight, I have more important things to do - Big Jack Spaniel is here!!!!!
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • dancemum
    • By dancemum 14th Oct 16, 5:58 PM
    • 1,858 Posts
    • 27,731 Thanks
    dancemum
    Parents visited

Ground floor vacuumed

Family fed

Don't know what I do all day.

Asthma is playing up.

Jazzee Thank you for representing us X
    HB Glad Kelpie's swimming is going well. X
    LW hope Mr LW cough improves soon. X
    Last edited by dancemum; 14-10-2016 at 6:16 PM.
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 14th Oct 16, 6:49 PM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 82,180 Thanks
    bossymoo
    I know what you mean dancemum I've achieved zilch this week and I only went to college one day.

Still not packed, either. I've washed up after dinner though. DS has gone so it's just me and DD so I made her favourite

She's brought home the class "pet" too, lol, a toy cat called Petal. We have to fill in her diary.

Will get her ready for bed in a bit, then finish packing and see if I've time for any homework...
    Bossymoo
    Teetering on the edge...

• Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 14th Oct 16, 7:17 PM
    • 1,814 Posts
    • 15,603 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    She's brought home the class "pet" too, lol, a toy cat called Petal. We have to fill in her diary.
    Originally posted by bossymoo
    *sigh* We have Barnaby Bear this weekend. I thought they'd learnt their lesson when Listening Chimp required extensive facial reconstruction after a visit with our dogs...
    DFBXmas2016 #27 £3606.60/£34,027.17 = 10% as at 28/6/2016/2016
    Wombling total 2016 = £5649.63 as at 14/11/2016
    Sealed pot challenge 2017 (#501)1/6/2016 = 10.12.2
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,211Posts Today

6,523Users online

Martin's Twitter