Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 9th Oct 16, 9:09 PM
    • 2,267Posts
    • 32,812Thanks
    Natty68
    Weekly Flylady Thread 10 October 2016
    • 9th Oct 16, 9:09 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 10 October 2016 9th Oct 16 at 9:09 PM
    Thank you, Valli, for last week's thread.

It is your responsibility to read the forum rules, please follow them on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us.

Welcome to the Weekly Flylady thread. If you need help organising your week or getting motivated when it comes to housework then come and join us.

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up!
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Here goes...

Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Sociable Study/Pc Area
    Level One...
    Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)
    Throw away all those empty bottles of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, hairspray etc. I know they make the room look pretty but they are just cluttering up the place..!!
    Level Two...
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Remove and bin all those slivers of soap that you have been saving, do you really need them?
    Clear any clutter from desk
    Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!!
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
    Level Three...
    Clear clutter from floor
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.. defragment the pc while doing this (programs.. accessories..system tools.. defragment!.).. if you do the disc cleanup as well, clear all the cookies and temporary files too
    Delete 10 links in your favourites which you no longer use or are dead!
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    Clean/wash the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I don’t want anyone electrocuted!!
    Change hand towels and flannels
    Extra mission:
    • Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    • Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc
    • Grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!
    • Clean the radiators in these rooms
    • Pull out the pc and desk and clear under and behind it.. how much money did you find? Clean windows, hang up clean nets and draught-proof curtains and any table cloths/throws or other dust and grot gathering bits of fabric!
    • Wipe sticky and dirty marks off the walls and doors

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom & Loopy Landing
    Level One...

Check fire alarms are working
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Level Two...
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen.. do you need that winter duvet yet?
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level Three...
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Extra tasks list:
    • 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Check house for places where draughts are getting in.. doors, windows etc and see if there are ways to stop it!
    • Clean out that airing cupboard!!!!!! get rid of those things you don't need.. use dead towels as cleaning cloths etc.. be ruthless!!!! you REALLY don't need that 'thing' you've saved for 10 years.. 'just in case'

Wishful Wednesday ~ those frightening kids rooms and spare rooms
    Level One...

Vacuum the floor, even if it's just where you can see
    Level Two...
    Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Don’t forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
    Level Three..
    Strip beds and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets need freshening up too!!
    Sort through a cupboard/chest of drawers and get the clothes out which are no longer wearable, too small or out of season!
    Wipe any sticky marks off walls and doors
    Extra task list
    • Wash a set of curtains, nets, duvet or throw
    • Time for the Flylady Fling, in the toy box!!!! aim for 27.. if no toy box you’ll have to choose another area!
    • 30 minutes ironing
    • Pull out the beds, furniture and clean all behind them.. the skirtings and light fittings and everything.. get rid of all the things that are no longer required!

Tantalising Thursday ~ Kooking Kitchen and Dancing Dining Room
    Level One...

Clean floors
    Level Two...
    Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces
    Sort fridge bringing what needs using soon to the front, clean out any spills or grots in there!
    Wipe dining table.. (clean table cloth if necessary)
    Level Three...
    Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc
    Descale kettle and iron
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Check those washing machine filters and drawers for ickiness!! Tumble dryer and dishwasher filters need to be done too!!
    Extra Mission...
    • Wipe window sills and clean windows in these rooms
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!
    • Clean oven if you didn't do it last week
    • 30 minutes ironing.
    • Get in that food cupboard. Give it all a GOOD scrub out before placing the things you need to use soon at the front. Check dates and freshness on older things, and See if you can incorporate these into next weeks meal plan! Feel free to get carried away and do more cupboards!!!

Friday ~ Luscious Living Room, Handsome Hall Stupendous Stairs
    Level One...

Vacuum floors and sofas
    Level Two...
    Dusting, even if around everything
    Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    Water any thirsty plants, wipe their poor neglected leaves!!
    Level Three...
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    Tidy shoes, coats and bags .. wash any that need washing in preparation for cold weather!! See if there are any that don't fit, past their best or just plain uncomfy which could leave the house!
    Put up linings or winter curtains to keep out those draughts.
    Extra Mission...
    • Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.
    • Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    • Clean a window or two.
    • Get yourself a bag or box, go around collecting things that are not in the place they should be, then put them back where they should be, or better still give them to their owners to put away themselves
    • 30 minutes ironing
    • Get those uniforms, games kits, coats and things in the wash which you will need on Monday
    • Clean light fittings, skirtings even the ones behind furniture. Clean fire-surrounds. Wipe sofa's down. Clear as may hotspots as you can.. see if you can get it all into one pile instead of 15!!!
    Last edited by Natty68; 13-10-2016 at 9:56 PM.

Debt free as of 3rd May 2012
    But still struggling financially
Page 5
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 12th Oct 16, 3:42 PM
    • 8,877 Posts
    • 96,684 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Jazee unfortunately York's just too far in my current state of health. Please wish dear CY a safe journey for me.

HB thank you - I need all the healing I can get at present. *mutters under breath about flippin' medicine* AND the damn stuff tasted vile - adding insult to injury!!
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 12th Oct 16, 3:54 PM
    • 4,595 Posts
    • 45,586 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Afternoon all

Woke up this morning and there wasn't any land-phone and hence broadband. Couldn't ring them until 12.30 when DH got up and was on the mobile for a-g-e-s. The young lady kept asking the same questions over and over but I stayed calm and eventually she agreed to put through an urgent case for me. Hurrah !! Line and broadband restored about an hour later. Well impressed with TT and broadband up to full strength atm

Ahhh, creosote...I used to stand in the aisle at the DIY shop breathing it in goodness knows how many brain cells I've bumped off!.........
    .......That programme sounds interesting Lynne. Is it available on catch up or iPlayer do you think?
    Originally posted by Dizzy Imp
    I used to love the smell of creosote and tar as well.

Yes - well worth a watch. 'Is Seeing Believing' on beeb 4 at 9.00pm 11/10/16 and it's on i-player for next 29 days

For those who haven't already seen on FB, CY's funeral will be taking place tomorrow (Thursday) at 3 pm at York Crematorium. It is open to all her friends.
    Originally posted by ionafan
    Thanks Iona. It's too far for me but I shall be thinking of her family and friends t/m and sit quietly with some thoughts at 3pm.

I have a funeral to attend next Wednesday of a former neighbour. Long story short - she was 54 and had several minor heart attacks, mainly stress related. They moved just two weeks ago, principally due to lots of problems and troubles with another neighbour and their dogs Seems to have been the final straw sadly.

Just de-cluttering a cuppa and then going to re-shuffle freezers to accommodate rest of casserole.
    Back laters
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213:2015=3421..2016=2925.25...DEC=216.85/310
    GrocC...2014=2162:2015=2083..2016=1703.02....DEC=32.52/200
    Bulk buy.......DEC=150.59...
    GC.NSD....2015=216.....2016=193............DEC=7/15
    SPC130x54...2014=1178...2015=1287...2016=4616. ..2017=41.30
    OS WL= 2/4 ......CC =NIL......Savings = tbc
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 12th Oct 16, 4:29 PM
    • 14,869 Posts
    • 189,892 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    I will be at work tomorrow but will be thinking of CY and her family, I'll light another candle tomorrow evening when I get in.

Just got back in from today's shift. Tempted to go and do another few fence panels, yesterday's look really good now they are stained.

Had interview/informal chat with head, I'm job sharing the assistant after school career position, haven't had my hours clarified yet and no definately start date but. The position is mine, I'm really pleased about that.
    grocery challenge November budget £400 spent £231.76
    SPC~10 No100 : : X2
    read your books challenge-currently on It started with a kiss
    xstitch challenge 63 'mittens' lyric cushion
    16 in 2016 challenge 12/16 stockings
    2016 wooligan stuff - 86 assorted hats, 9,beadbags 10,hedgehogs
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 12th Oct 16, 5:13 PM
    • 6,493 Posts
    • 82,167 Thanks
    bossymoo
    Well done Mrs MP they are lucky to have you xxx

I have a noisy house at the mo. The girls are holed up in DD bedroom, giving tea to their babies. The boys are yelling and rushing up and down the landing trying to get a reaction. Lol. They were all hungry for an early tea, picnic style and then were too busy to eat much...

No fly zone here, although I have tidied up after said picnic. Been at college all day and have heaps of homework!

Oh dear, someone's crying. Think it's DD...
    Bossymoo
    Teetering on the edge...

Sealed Pot Challenge 9 - #91 - £150 so far
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 12th Oct 16, 5:20 PM
    • 3,885 Posts
    • 39,784 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Congratulations Mrs MP. Glad you got what you wanted.

No, Jazee, it's too far but I will be thinking of her and everyone who cared about her tomorrow, as I have been all this week. I'm cross she's been taken from us, I know I shouldn't be, but I am.

I also know it's late, but welcome back Hex2 and GreenBee.

Wilco have plastic four drawer units at a pretty good price at the moment so I've finally gone ahead and ordered some to help with the Attic of Doom after years of procrastinating. I'm sick to death of having to search for stuff up there, and decanting it from large stacking boxes (which were necessary when I started sorting it out) into the drawers which I can then write on with an indelible marker will make my life a lot simpler. Winter Underwear, Gloves/Hats/Scarves, Plumbing, Lights, Windows, Electrical etc etc. I cleared out the local Morrie's end of season sale last year of smaller three drawer units and rammed all the paperwork into them, roughly sorted into topics and boy has it been transformative. At last I can find things easily! I'm now working on the basis that if I can't find it when I need it, there's not a lot of point in keeping it. I'm not a Kondo-er; too much random stuff does get brought back into service in this house after a long rest.

I've had to deal with two organisations today and normally don't enjoy the experience of interacting with the facelessness of modern business. Today everybody I met and/or talked to was really helpful, went above and beyond their area of responsibility and made both things a delight. Really chuffed to be reminded that there are lovely, lovely people out there.

ETA: Hope the crying was nothing serious, Bossy.
    Keeping it AF
    • Biscuit monster
    • By Biscuit monster 12th Oct 16, 5:24 PM
    • 639 Posts
    • 8,555 Thanks
    Biscuit monster
    Just posting list for inspiration. Level ones done

Level Two...
    Clear any clutter from desk
    Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!!
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
    Level Three...
    Clear clutter from floor
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    Clean/wash the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I don’t want anyone electrocuted!!
    Change hand towels and flannels
    Extra mission:
    Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc
    Grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!
    Clean the radiators in these rooms
    Pull out the pc and desk and clear under and behind it.. how much money did you find? Clean windows, hang up clean nets and draught-proof curtains and any table cloths/throws or other dust and grot gathering bits of fabric!
    Wipe sticky and dirty marks off the walls and doors

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom & Loopy Landing

Level Two...
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen.. do you need that winter duvet yet?
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level Three...
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Extra tasks list:
    27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    Clean windows in these rooms

Wishful Wednesday ~ those frightening kids rooms and spare rooms

Level Two...
    Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Don’t forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
    Level Three..
    Strip beds and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets need freshening up too!!
    Sort through a cupboard/chest of drawers and get the clothes out which are no longer wearable, too small or out of season!
    Wipe any sticky marks off walls and doors
    Extra task list
    Wash a set of curtains, nets, duvet or throw
    Time for the Flylady Fling, in the toy box!!!! aim for 27.. if no toy box you’ll have to choose another area!
    30 minutes ironing
    Pull out the beds, furniture and clean all behind them.. the skirtings and light fittings and everything.. get rid of all the things that are no longer required!
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 12th Oct 16, 5:59 PM
    • 1,953 Posts
    • 30,081 Thanks
    ionafan
    I have got tomorrow afternoon off the paid stuff so I will be going to York for CY's funeral. Are any other flyladies planning on being there?
    Originally posted by Jazee
    I am very glad that you will be able to go, Jazee, and very, very sorry that I can't be there. DH and I had blocked the date a couple of weeks ago for a day out together, and when I suggested going to York by train for lunch he made a face (despite being a National Railway Museum fan). He's not in a good place atm, and I don't want to upset the apple cart any further by telling him that I intend to go anyway.
    Please give CY and the family my love x
    • CraftyPixie
    • By CraftyPixie 12th Oct 16, 6:23 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    CraftyPixie
    Hi lovelies x
    I'm very sorry I haven't been on here - tis been a busy week as usual x
    I'm tidying my front room and giving it a good clean tonight ....although I could happily put my head down and sleep lol!
    Brightest blessings to all xx
    • greenbee
    • By greenbee 12th Oct 16, 6:39 PM
    • 11,539 Posts
    • 208,250 Thanks
    greenbee
    Have mowed the grass. Took an hour. Needs another cut with the blades lowered and then keeping under control until it stops growing. Mind you, grass is probably the wrong description. Some of it is probably homeopathic grass...

Trying to keep things tidy/make them slightly more tidy as I do day to day stuff but have a massive backlog of work that has a deadline of ... erm... today
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 12th Oct 16, 7:24 PM
    • 3,926 Posts
    • 30,537 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    I have got to be at work tomorrow but will stop what I am doing at 3pm and just remember her.

Struggling to get on top of things. Tired and stressed at the moment but in the light of what is going on for poor CYs family I know that I should be counting my blessings.
    • hex2
    • By hex2 12th Oct 16, 7:51 PM
    • 4,561 Posts
    • 78,541 Thanks
    hex2
    I'm going to have to hold this list over till the weekend. The boys clear their rooms on a Saturday, one Hoovers daily, the other does dishwashers daily, all as part of project pocket money.

I've done half an hour of general tidying instead, I'm on my midweek energy slump. Did make pea n ham soup, and a boy kindly made bread. He makes great bread, and has developed a real interest in baking and cooking which I'm trying to encourage but it does need supervision.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 12th Oct 16, 9:25 PM
    • 14,869 Posts
    • 189,892 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Just done another hours fence painting, got a section of the 8ft high bottom fence done, another section and a half to go so hopefully finish tomorrow night.
    Dh has just taken dss1 to pick a missed parcel up, I'm doing tea then going to read. I've almost finished another book so can give it my mum next week.

night all
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 12th Oct 16, 9:30 PM
    • 1,620 Posts
    • 8,570 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Sorry for being awol again, this week is turning out worse then last...so I'm not posting as nothing positive to add. Burst into tears at DS pre-school this afternoon, it was the straw that broke my back today when they wanted a 'chat' about his behaviour. Feeling lonely and sad.

My thoughts are with CYs family xx
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 3.11.16 - £139,251.40
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 12th Oct 16, 10:31 PM
    • 1,204 Posts
    • 17,790 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    Sorry for being awol again, this week is turning out worse then last...so I'm not posting as nothing positive to add. Burst into tears at DS pre-school this afternoon, it was the straw that broke my back today when they wanted a 'chat' about his behaviour. Feeling lonely and sad.

My thoughts are with CYs family xx
    Originally posted by atypicalblonde
    Sorry you had a bad day, you can't be lonely as we are all with you in spirit.

Best thoughts to CY's family, and well done for 'representing' us Jazee. I iwll be at work and tbh it is a bit of a trek from me.

Got pretty much most of my list done; another report done and emailed. Good meeting with manager about 'difficult' report so although I may not finish it tomorrow, there isn't much to do and I feel more confident about it.
    Piled clothes etc on the bed and Mr N very kindly packed for me so I could keep working.
    Dancing had to be abandoned as I didn't get home from uni till late (another difficult report to write next week) and I had too much to do.

However all that is left is for me to do some church flowers tomorrow, load up the car and any leftover time will go to a quick check of bins, fridge etc and picking up any windfall apples. Oh yes, and move my squashes from the deck to somewhere indoors in case of rain.

Fingers crossed tomorrow's assessment is a straightforward one so I can make a quick getaway to showery Wales (apparently).
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • dancemum
    • By dancemum 12th Oct 16, 11:18 PM
    • 1,857 Posts
    • 27,722 Thanks
    dancemum
    Jazee I won't be able to go tomorrow. I will be thinking of CY and family. I need to be here for DS2.

Mr T visited. 2 Presents purchased for the December festival.
    Freezer partially stocked. I haven't worked out all the ideal settings yet. In the old days you just plugged a FF in and turned a dial and bob's your uncle you could then forget about it.

Prescriptions collected
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 13th Oct 16, 12:10 AM
    • 4,595 Posts
    • 45,586 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Evening everyone

Fantastic news Mrs MP - well done
    Lots of virtual big squishy hugs ATB - you're not alone

The horsepital phoned today and I have an appointment to have my cataract done on Wednesday 2nd Nov. Not really looking forward to it, though it is getting annoying now. It's becoming a bit dangerous on walking, especially steps, as seems to have affected my perceptions of distance.

Bit of a nuisance really and, because it's genetic and not age-related, there's a good chance the other one will need doing in the next couple or so years. Oh well

Wipe down tiles in bathroom..

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom
    Extra tasks list:
    Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!

Tantalising Thursday ~ Kooking Kitchen and Dancing Dining Room
    Sort fridge bringing what needs using soon to the front, clean out any spills or grots in there!
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc
    Descale kettle and iron
    Extra Mission...
    Get in that food cupboard. Give it all a GOOD scrub out before placing the things you need to use soon at the front. Check dates and freshness on older things, and See if you can incorporate these into next weeks meal plan! Feel free to get carried away and do more cupboards!!!

Hugs, sticks and spoons if you need some
    Hope you all have a super Thursday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213:2015=3421..2016=2925.25...DEC=216.85/310
    GrocC...2014=2162:2015=2083..2016=1703.02....DEC=32.52/200
    Bulk buy.......DEC=150.59...
    GC.NSD....2015=216.....2016=193............DEC=7/15
    SPC130x54...2014=1178...2015=1287...2016=4616. ..2017=41.30
    OS WL= 2/4 ......CC =NIL......Savings = tbc
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 13th Oct 16, 7:25 AM
    • 1,814 Posts
    • 15,600 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Super squashy lubbly hugs for you ATB. You sound like you've had enough of all the carp and I'm sorry that things are rough for you at the moment. I think you and I have a similar thing going on with our littlies, so you have my utmost virtual support my lovely

I can't get to York today, but will be thinking of CY's family. Thanks Jazee for representing the flyladies xxx

Good news about your cataract appointment Lynne. I realise you're not looking forward to it, but...

Completely exhausted after a rubbish night, so just pottering today and will visit DH's aunt with her birthday card too.

Have a good day ladies x
    DFBXmas2016 #27 £3606.60/£34,027.17 = 10% as at 28/6/2016/2016
    Wombling total 2016 = £5649.63 as at 14/11/2016
    Sealed pot challenge 2017 (#501)1/6/2016 = 10.12.2
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 13th Oct 16, 7:38 AM
    • 14,869 Posts
    • 189,892 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Morning all
    Hugs and coping vibes for all
    Will be thinking of cys friends and family today.
    Lynne I can understand you not looking forward to the cataract op so just instead concentrate on the benefits of better vision afterwards.
    ATB sorry things are so hard and the mo and you are finding it difficult, we are all with you in spirit and are here for you.

Busy all day today, after work I'll pull fence painting in if I can but I want to take a bottle of wine round to a friends who's partner is quite poorly in hospital. Then I've got ds2s college open evening. My sis wants to ring me it was supposed to happen last night but waited till 9.30 then got a text to say she's had visitors so it was too late to talk. I've texted to say I'll be out for a good portion of toninght so will see what happens- we will catch up eventually.
    Will catch up with the lists tomorrow as I've only got normal shift then so should be able to clear the decks in time for half term

Have a good day all.
    Specials coping vibes to all cys friends and family
    • dancemum
    • By dancemum 13th Oct 16, 8:43 AM
    • 1,857 Posts
    • 27,722 Thanks
    dancemum
    Morning

2xwm done
    Bathroom s&s done
    Kitchen s&s done
    Swimming bag packed. Off to a fake spa for a couple of hours with other best f

Hope you op goes well Lynne. X

LW feeling better vibes on there way to you with a couple of spare spoons. X

ATB hope you have a better day today. I have had my share of phone calls about my boys' behaviour so I feel for you.

Mrs MP well done with doing so much X
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 13th Oct 16, 9:59 AM
    • 1,620 Posts
    • 8,570 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Thanks for the virtual cuddles ladies - you have brought a tear to my eye and made me feel very loved. I promise to buck my ideas up very soon xx

Lynne - my aunty recently had a cataract op and she tells me the anticipation of it was far worse than the operation itself, she said if she'd have known what it was going to be like she wouldnt have worried at all xx

Have lovely days all, and thank you again you are all lovely xxx
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 3.11.16 - £139,251.40
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,218Posts Today

5,955Users online

Martin's Twitter