Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 9th Oct 16, 9:09 PM
    • 2,265Posts
    • 32,801Thanks
    Natty68
    Weekly Flylady Thread 10 October 2016
    • 9th Oct 16, 9:09 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 10 October 2016 9th Oct 16 at 9:09 PM
    Thank you, Valli, for last week's thread.

It is your responsibility to read the forum rules, please follow them on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us.

Welcome to the Weekly Flylady thread. If you need help organising your week or getting motivated when it comes to housework then come and join us.

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up!
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Here goes...

Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Sociable Study/Pc Area
    Level One...
    Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)
    Throw away all those empty bottles of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, hairspray etc. I know they make the room look pretty but they are just cluttering up the place..!!
    Level Two...
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Remove and bin all those slivers of soap that you have been saving, do you really need them?
    Clear any clutter from desk
    Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!!
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
    Level Three...
    Clear clutter from floor
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.. defragment the pc while doing this (programs.. accessories..system tools.. defragment!.).. if you do the disc cleanup as well, clear all the cookies and temporary files too
    Delete 10 links in your favourites which you no longer use or are dead!
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    Clean/wash the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I don’t want anyone electrocuted!!
    Change hand towels and flannels
    Extra mission:
    • Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    • Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc
    • Grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!
    • Clean the radiators in these rooms
    • Pull out the pc and desk and clear under and behind it.. how much money did you find? Clean windows, hang up clean nets and draught-proof curtains and any table cloths/throws or other dust and grot gathering bits of fabric!
    • Wipe sticky and dirty marks off the walls and doors

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom & Loopy Landing
    Level One...

Check fire alarms are working
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Level Two...
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen.. do you need that winter duvet yet?
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level Three...
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Extra tasks list:
    • 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Check house for places where draughts are getting in.. doors, windows etc and see if there are ways to stop it!
    • Clean out that airing cupboard!!!!!! get rid of those things you don't need.. use dead towels as cleaning cloths etc.. be ruthless!!!! you REALLY don't need that 'thing' you've saved for 10 years.. 'just in case'

Wishful Wednesday ~ those frightening kids rooms and spare rooms
    Level One...

Vacuum the floor, even if it's just where you can see
    Level Two...
    Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Don’t forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
    Level Three..
    Strip beds and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets need freshening up too!!
    Sort through a cupboard/chest of drawers and get the clothes out which are no longer wearable, too small or out of season!
    Wipe any sticky marks off walls and doors
    Extra task list
    • Wash a set of curtains, nets, duvet or throw
    • Time for the Flylady Fling, in the toy box!!!! aim for 27.. if no toy box you’ll have to choose another area!
    • 30 minutes ironing
    • Pull out the beds, furniture and clean all behind them.. the skirtings and light fittings and everything.. get rid of all the things that are no longer required!

Tantalising Thursday ~ Kooking Kitchen and Dancing Dining Room
    Level One...

Clean floors
    Level Two...
    Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces
    Sort fridge bringing what needs using soon to the front, clean out any spills or grots in there!
    Wipe dining table.. (clean table cloth if necessary)
    Level Three...
    Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc
    Descale kettle and iron
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Check those washing machine filters and drawers for ickiness!! Tumble dryer and dishwasher filters need to be done too!!
    Extra Mission...
    • Wipe window sills and clean windows in these rooms
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!
    • Clean oven if you didn't do it last week
    • 30 minutes ironing.
    • Get in that food cupboard. Give it all a GOOD scrub out before placing the things you need to use soon at the front. Check dates and freshness on older things, and See if you can incorporate these into next weeks meal plan! Feel free to get carried away and do more cupboards!!!

Friday ~ Luscious Living Room, Handsome Hall Stupendous Stairs
    Level One...

Vacuum floors and sofas
    Level Two...
    Dusting, even if around everything
    Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    Water any thirsty plants, wipe their poor neglected leaves!!
    Level Three...
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    Tidy shoes, coats and bags .. wash any that need washing in preparation for cold weather!! See if there are any that don't fit, past their best or just plain uncomfy which could leave the house!
    Put up linings or winter curtains to keep out those draughts.
    Extra Mission...
    • Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.
    • Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    • Clean a window or two.
    • Get yourself a bag or box, go around collecting things that are not in the place they should be, then put them back where they should be, or better still give them to their owners to put away themselves
    • 30 minutes ironing
    • Get those uniforms, games kits, coats and things in the wash which you will need on Monday
    • Clean light fittings, skirtings even the ones behind furniture. Clean fire-surrounds. Wipe sofa's down. Clear as may hotspots as you can.. see if you can get it all into one pile instead of 15!!!
    Last edited by Natty68; 13-10-2016 at 9:56 PM.

Debt free as of 3rd May 2012
    But still struggling financially
Page 2
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 10th Oct 16, 9:18 AM
    • 6,492 Posts
    • 82,153 Thanks
    bossymoo
    Morning!

Yuck the the clowns thing - what are these people thinking of?

Thanks for the lists, I'm in. Mum just called and she's popping up in a bit, and bringing milk so I will delay my Aldi outing. Just going to stick a wash on and tidy the breakfast things away, then I'll crack on with the downstairs loo!

See you in a bit!
    Bossymoo
    Teetering on the edge...

Sealed Pot Challenge 9 - #91 - £150 so far
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 10th Oct 16, 9:49 AM
    • 4,154 Posts
    • 42,089 Thanks
    Jazee
    Morning all. I'm in again but change of routine this week so not sure how much I'll get done. Just nice not to be at the paid stuff for a couple more days.

So far today I have washed the breakfast dishes and dusted the dusty bits in the LR.

I'll do something from the list now and then walk LittleyDog. She seems to have turned a corner this morning (thanks LW) and is eating a little.

Right best crack on, will be going out with DH later.
    The "Save 12k in 2017" Thread! Jan £0

• Frizzlef
    • By Frizzlef 10th Oct 16, 10:59 AM
    • 317 Posts
    • 4,460 Thanks
    Frizzlef
    Morning everyone,
    Sorry for being awol last week.

Just had to read back over last weeks friend as saw a mention about CY and I couldn't believe it was true until I read it. If that makes sense. I for one will also miss that little snape picture and will always renember how excited she was about her dds wedding. Ionafan- if it's not too late can you please add me to the card. Don't worry if you have already sealed it though. And thanks for the link to the charity pages. Let's hope she raises lots of money. The cancer research one was at £190 this morning.

Thanks for the lists. My last week at home before I have to go back to work. I am dreading it! So want to try and get the house sorted! Well as sorted as possible!
    Also having my kitchen ripped out in three weeks time so will need to get that sorted.

Anyway, run decluttered and wm on. Going to have a shower then will post list.

Can't remember who it was- Raphael???? Well done on the 10k. Hope the legs aren't too sore today. I did a 5k yesterday with a lady that I have been training and she knocked another minute off her time!! She was chuffed! X
    Grocery challenge- feb 2015- £133.07/£250
    • Mumto5
    • By Mumto5 10th Oct 16, 11:36 AM
    • 1,815 Posts
    • 32,322 Thanks
    Mumto5
    Morning All

Iona - if it's not too late can you add my name to the card please? Don't worry if you've already sealed it.
    Originally posted by juliejim
    And me please if not too late.

I have stopped ironing other than the kids school things. Life is too short and I refuse to be a slave to my adult children. DH has sent his work shirts to the ironing parlour for the last couple of weeks.

I've thoroughly scrubbed the kitchen this morning. I'm struggling to keep on top of things at the moment and have devised a housework rota that nobody is following. I had a bit of a rant at DH about it and he promised to speak to the kids when I was at work yesterday and said things would change. So far no change so I will be ranting again.
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 10th Oct 16, 12:09 PM
    • 3,123 Posts
    • 14,425 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    I've thoroughly scrubbed the kitchen this morning. I'm struggling to keep on top of things at the moment and have devised a housework rota that nobody is following. I had a bit of a rant at DH about it and he promised to speak to the kids when I was at work yesterday and said things would change. So far no change so I will be ranting again.
    Originally posted by Mumto5
    Withhold pocket money/privileges etc till it's cleaned?

Can't remember who it was- Raphael???? Well done on the 10k. Hope the legs aren't too sore today. I did a 5k yesterday with a lady that I have been training and she knocked another minute off her time!! She was chuffed! X
    Originally posted by Frizzlef
    Thanks Not too sore at all, poor BF was hobbling around this morning thou.
    I used to run around 09:30 minute/miles, I'm now around 11:45m/m. Would love to get my speed back again, I think for the moment I'll aim for sub 11m/m.

Not much of the list today, I have however had a run (just a gentle 2 miles), emptied the bin and recycling bin, loaded the WM, hung up the wet stuff and put away the dry stuff.
    I've crocheted a few more squares for my xmas project and will have to cook lunch soon before work.

Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Pc
    Level One...
    Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)
    Throw away all those empty bottles of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, hairspray etc. I know they make the room look pretty but they are just cluttering up the place..!!
    Level Two...
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Level Three...
    Clear clutter from floor
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.. defragment the pc while doing this
    Delete 10 links in your favourites which you no longer use or are dead!
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    Clean/wash the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I don’t want anyone electrocuted!!
    Change hand towels and flannels
    Extra mission:
    • Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    • Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc I don't like bathmats, I don't like the idea of something that keeps getting soggy and never cleaned. (I'm not a fan of rugs in general) I put a spare towel on the floor instead, which is picked up and dried/cleaned each time.
    • Grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!
    • Clean the radiators in these rooms
    • Clean windows
    • Wipe sticky and dirty marks off the walls and doors
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    Nov Grocery Challenge £42.17/£54 Nov NSD's 05/22
    EF Challenger #36
    £8058.40/£10,000 Lose weight +2.8/10lbs
    • Cheeky Girrrl
    • By Cheeky Girrrl 10th Oct 16, 1:30 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Cheeky Girrrl
    I'm in!
    Hello all!

I've been following you all for a while but haven't posted before. After getting involved last week, I actually like my place better - thank you x
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 10th Oct 16, 2:49 PM
    • 14,864 Posts
    • 189,808 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Been in work all morning so nothing done yet.
    Meant to say well done to Raphael on completing the run.
    Got home to a phone message saying holiday hous we want is not on their books next year GRRRR luckily the house we had previously is available for the week we want so swapped it over.
    Going to crack on now with some stuff off the list.

Welcome cheekygirrl
    Last edited by mrs-moneypenny; 10-10-2016 at 3:00 PM.
    grocery challenge November budget £400 spent £231.76
    SPC~10 No100 : : X2
    read your books challenge-currently on It started with a kiss
    xstitch challenge 63 'mittens' lyric cushion
    16 in 2016 challenge 12/16 stockings
    2016 wooligan stuff - 86 assorted hats, 9,beadbags 10,hedgehogs
    • Frizzlef
    • By Frizzlef 10th Oct 16, 3:07 PM
    • 317 Posts
    • 4,460 Thanks
    Frizzlef
    [COLOR=Red]Thanks Not too sore at all, poor BF was hobbling around this morning thou.
    I used to run around 09:30 minute/miles, I'm now around 11:45m/m. Would love to get my speed back again, I think for the moment I'll aim for sub 11m/m.]
    Originally posted by x_raphael_xx
    it will come back. Have you tried adding some intervals on faster running into your sessions or picking the pace up for the last 10 minutes of a run?
    I started running about 4 months ago after not running for a year due to pregnancy and seperated stomach muscles. Started of at 12 min miling and still sometimes do that when on an easy run. I'm racing at 9.30s now. Ran with my friend and 8 year old son yesterday so did 10.49s. Are you a member of a running club?
    Grocery challenge- feb 2015- £133.07/£250
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 10th Oct 16, 4:25 PM
    • 8,943 Posts
    • 114,291 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Hi

I'm in, thank you for all the work that goes into the lists.

Whole house hoovered
    All washing done, dried, folder or ironed and away!!
    Shoppnig done
    Kitchen done, including breaking the mop, I mean how on earth does one break a mop but I have...................
    Fence with next door sorted out
    Food shopping done
    Another tax return done
    Cat cuddled
    Sun, Sea
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 10th Oct 16, 4:39 PM
    • 1,616 Posts
    • 8,511 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    I have vacuumed the house, done a load of laundry, picked lots of poop and put the bin out. Hoping to do better tomorrow
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 3.11.16 - £139,251.40
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 10th Oct 16, 5:02 PM
    • 3,921 Posts
    • 30,476 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Dizzy it may be slightly dodgy looking but it made me smile!

MrsMP you cant believe that can you? Poor kid must have been terrified.

So I have been majorly stressed today. Just so much to do and so little time to do it all. BUT the bathroom was scrubbed before work, I have taken an old computer chair to the cs, binned some old socks, hung out a load of washing, returned a parcel, made a chilli and run the carpet sweeper around.

However, I have not done any paid stuff on job no. 2 and I am at my gym class tonight so I will have to try and squeeze some work in now.

Catch you all later x
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 10th Oct 16, 5:13 PM
    • 8,875 Posts
    • 96,668 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Yuck the the clowns thing - what are these people thinking of?
    Originally posted by bossymoo
    It's the latest "excuse" to act like thugs,
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find clowns totally creepy, quite apart from this latest bout of stupidity?

Jazee glad LittleyDog's feeling a bit better; I'll keep the healing coming for her. x

Welcome Cheeky Girrrl

I fear the Wolf is sofa-bound this week; I'm getting horrid, horrid withdrawal symptoms having stopped taking the Gaba, and I need to be ok for Friday, as Big Jack Spaniel will be here again.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • hex2
    • By hex2 10th Oct 16, 7:27 PM
    • 4,561 Posts
    • 78,534 Thanks
    hex2
    Brace yourself fly peeps, I'm joining in again after many years absence. Looking back last week I used to faithfully complete every list, every week until I went back to work five days and since then I've ignored the mess.

I can't see the floor in here

Anyway I'm armed with 50 bin bags and a shiny new timer (£3 in Lidl) and some vague enthusiasm. I draw the line at benny hill though

I've done the bathroom bits on the list, so that room is already looking better. Thanks Natty for the list.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 10th Oct 16, 7:41 PM
    • 6,492 Posts
    • 82,153 Thanks
    bossymoo
    Aww welcome back, hex, good to have you with us again remember baby steps!

LR floor here is rather littered with toy cars. They were all over the ground floor, but DD helped him tidy most away. He can do the rest in the morning.

They have started writing lists for the December festival actually, they are both being very sensible - they have been made aware we don't have £££s to send to the man in red this year, especially if we are buying a hutch and other pet related items.

DD wants a wedding dress, lol, and a reindeer jumper, plus another teddy Guinea pig now she has leant they don't like to live alone. Bless.

DS wants some road signs for the garden and a wooden carrot (for the Guinea pigs). Oh and some sweeties.

Other than that, there isn't a great deal these kiddies don't already have!

Today I've mostly sorted laundry, cleaned downstairs bathroom and my office but not upstairs bathrooms and I watched a film. Not entirely productive but there you go. Oh, I also de-carped the dining room. Was a bit of a dumping ground. Passed on some clothes to mum for her wee foster-girl and said no thanks to MIL who text asking did we want school she's for DD - 2.5 sizes to big <sigh>. Need to have a chat with her tomorrow about crimbo too. Hopefully we can rein in the volume somewhat...

Tomorrow I need diesel and to lift down my small case for my weekend away.

Called hospital today as we still haven't had new appointment letter - yikes we are not on their list! Glad I called! Staff nurse is going to call back tomorrow when she's spoken to the consultant hopefully with a plan. Original appointment is cancelled, they have said they are happy to take the cast off but it really needs to be seen by a doctor rather than nursing staff... Oh dear!

Right, I'll go finish washing up the supper bits, then I think I'll try finish my library book.

Cold today!
    Bossymoo
    Teetering on the edge...

Sealed Pot Challenge 9 - #91 - £150 so far
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 10th Oct 16, 7:44 PM
    • 2,265 Posts
    • 32,801 Thanks
    Natty68
    Evening all, and welcome to the new people and the returnees. It's the lure of this place, we can't keep away..lol

Ds1 was telling me this morning, a friend posted that he was chased by clowns last night in our town they strung a wire up over the end of the train bridge and chased him into it causing him to fall badly off his bike. Thank fully not seriously hurt. But really what complete and utter idiots! He's warned ds2 to be careful coming home from work, but not sure how widespread this daftness is going - so may be worth a mention to people who you know that cycle at night.

Busy all morning so I'll catch up later this afternoon.
    Originally posted by mrs-moneypenny
    Mrs mp we have had a mugging at knife point this past week, in my town, by these clown people. Plus they have been driving around wearing clown masks.. Whoever started this really needs putting away..it's scary enough as it is walking out there now they are going around in clown masks..makes you wonder what they want to hide.

Had a lovely morning swimming and generally lazing about in the jacuzzi at the spa with my "sister" T..and then a nice trip to the vets with Kiwicat..although many of you will know him as ninjakitten..lol He's got the start of cat cold/flu. So I've just stuck some cat metacam down him.. He didn't like it plus I think he was sulking as I had trapped him in the toilet...lol Just found some sicked up biscuits..he is eating bless him he just can't get them past his throat. It's a bit inflammed. Although I think he is playing upstairs at the moment I can hear him jumping around etc... I know it's him as the other two cats are down here..lol

Not much flying done I'm afraid, have hoovered the house and stuck the shower curtain in the wash with some towels. Oh and washed up..as well as a quick tidy up in the lounge. Naughty me....don't even follow my own lists...lol

Debt free as of 3rd May 2012
    But still struggling financially
    • hex2
    • By hex2 10th Oct 16, 8:05 PM
    • 4,561 Posts
    • 78,534 Thanks
    hex2
    Poor Kiwi Natty, hope he gets better quickly. I'm surprised my menagerie don't have more colds.

Bossy, that sounds like a reasonable list. I like the wooden carrot idea. Did I read somewhere that you've gone back to college?

I did the last bathroom related thing which was to put the mat in the washing machine. I agree with you re mats Raphael but I bought an IKEA one that's more like a thick towel. Once I am free of the tyranny that is work I'll call in and get another one so I can swap them over.

Lamewolf, clowns frighten me full stop. A hangover from teenage Stephen King reading I think.

kazwookie!

Mumto5 - good luck with the rota, I'm having limited success with set tasks for the boys. I get bored of moaning and end up doing it myself whilst seething with resentment which is stupid. Something to sort as soon as the time pressure is off.

I'm drawing up a toots list. I miss badges
    Last edited by hex2; 10-10-2016 at 8:10 PM.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
    • froddington
    • By froddington 10th Oct 16, 9:38 PM
    • 6,490 Posts
    • 91,970 Thanks
    froddington
    Welcome back hex - good to have you here xx

Another one who strongly dislikes clowns (or pretty much any mask type thing where I can't see someone's face properly!).

I have not flown today I went to work, Rainbows and Mr M and am shattered.

About to head to bed ................
    "There's only one way of life - and that's your own"
    Depression is not a sign of weakness;
    it's a sign you have been strong for too long
    MFW No.3 Mortgage OPs 2016 £3250
    • greenbee
    • By greenbee 10th Oct 16, 9:45 PM
    • 11,537 Posts
    • 208,223 Thanks
    greenbee
    I'm going to try to join in again this week as it worked really well the ONE week I returned last month However, I haven't achieved much so far (I'm still unpacking - I've been away 4 times in 4 weeks and have only just got to the bottom of the first lot of unpacking).

And I need to make myself call the builder. On the plus side someone at Pilates has a number for a boiler engineer she reckons is pretty good, so I can stop chasing up the other one.
    • Valli
    • By Valli 10th Oct 16, 9:45 PM
    • 19,472 Posts
    • 222,201 Thanks
    Valli
    Watching The Slum

I live in a palace.

I have done a washload, pegged it out and DS brought it in. Decluttered 2 bags to CS. 'Accidentally' bought an item but have sold it on (for work).
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!

Roadkill Rebel #16 2015 Roadkill Haul - £23.25 + 7c (Eu) + a dime (31.12.2015)
    2016 Roadkill Haul - £05.75, 10c ($) and 10c (Eu)
    • Biscuit monster
    • By Biscuit monster 10th Oct 16, 10:29 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 8,546 Thanks
    Biscuit monster
    Evening all,

No fly zone.

Kids to school
    Paid stuff
    Governors meeting
    Ate food
    Kids to bed
    Run with dog
    Now pooped.

Will do better tomorrow I hope x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

431Posts Today

1,798Users online

Martin's Twitter