Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • minimadtrix
    • By minimadtrix 9th Oct 16, 5:49 PM
    • 933Posts
    • 5,057Thanks
    minimadtrix
    Mortgage application in - no fee paid on fixed rate deal - then interest rates drop
    • 9th Oct 16, 5:49 PM
    Mortgage application in - no fee paid on fixed rate deal - then interest rates drop 9th Oct 16 at 5:49 PM
    Hi
    Hopefully the title makes sense. We've applied for a fixed mortgage with Nationwide but not paid a product fee. I'm seeing that HSBC are now dropping their interest rates and was wondering, if Nationwide follow suit, when our mortgage starts, would the interest rate be at 2.79% as it is now/what it was when we applied for the mortgage, or would it be at a possible lower rate, if they drop it?
    Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • muhandis
    • By muhandis 9th Oct 16, 6:08 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    muhandis
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:08 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:08 PM
    I remember that we were somewhere in the buying process when the interest rate on the NW 2-year fix product we had reserved fell from 2.14% to 1.99%. Our broker informed us of the drop and sorted out the change to the lower rate.

So I'm sure it's possible. If NW does drop the rates on your fixed product, flag it up with your broker or NW.

Hi
    Hopefully the title makes sense. We've applied for a fixed mortgage with Nationwide but not paid a product fee. I'm seeing that HSBC are now dropping their interest rates and was wondering, if Nationwide follow suit, when our mortgage starts, would the interest rate be at 2.79% as it is now/what it was when we applied for the mortgage, or would it be at a possible lower rate, if they drop it?
    Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by minimadtrix
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,516Posts Today

7,400Users online

Martin's Twitter