Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SallySunshine
    • By SallySunshine 9th Oct 16, 5:45 PM
    • 530Posts
    • 153Thanks
    SallySunshine
    Is this a genuine box set of GOT6
    • 9th Oct 16, 5:45 PM
    Is this a genuine box set of GOT6 9th Oct 16 at 5:45 PM
    Not sure if this is the right place to post but I have bought Series 6. Of Game of Thrones from a well known Site at a buy it now price , brand new and sealed.

everything looked fine, but since starting to watch it I am not so sure.
    When the first disc played, it immediately came up as a Blue Ray disc logo.
    That was news to me as I haven't got a blue ray player, so it shouldn't have played?
    There was no catch up on the last series which I thought was odd, even odder was there was catch up scenes on the second episode.
    Also I thought the film quality was rather strange not quite jerky but the characters seemed to be out of sync with the background almost like 3D,

The second disc didn't come up as blue ray and there was a tiny freeze for a few seconds on a scene.

The freeze could be our DVD player as we have had that in the past, when the disc was fine on another player.

i haven't left feedback yet as I'm trying to figure this out, genuine or not.
    The other solution is to try and contact another buyer of these DVDs to compare notes?

Any help would be most appreciated.
Page 1
    • hans 2
    • By hans 2 9th Oct 16, 6:03 PM
    • 271 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    hans 2
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:03 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:03 PM
    This title will be released on November 14, 2016.
    Pre-order now.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Thrones-Season-6-DVD/dp/B018SBSAJK
    • SallySunshine
    • By SallySunshine 9th Oct 16, 6:09 PM
    • 530 Posts
    • 153 Thanks
    SallySunshine
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:09 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:09 PM
    Hans 2, are you telling me that all the Game of Thrones Series 6 on the above not mentioned site are copies?
    • hans 2
    • By hans 2 9th Oct 16, 6:15 PM
    • 271 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    hans 2
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:15 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:15 PM
    How can you buy it if not released yet..

Report them all

Last edited by hans 2; 09-10-2016 at 7:12 PM.
    • Fightsback
    • By Fightsback 9th Oct 16, 6:40 PM
    • 2,477 Posts
    • 1,433 Thanks
    Fightsback
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:40 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:40 PM
    Fakes on fleabay, who'd a thunk it ? Try and get your money back:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/safetycentre/counterfeits.html
    Science isn't exact, it's only confidence within limits.
    • Lazarus Blackstar
    • By Lazarus Blackstar 9th Oct 16, 6:49 PM
    • 98 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    Lazarus Blackstar
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:49 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:49 PM
    According to Amazon season 6 isn't due to be released for another 5 weeks, so sounds like the item you have purchased is not genuine.
    "The truth is of course is that there is no journey.
    We are arriving and departing all at the same time."

• SallySunshine
    • By SallySunshine 9th Oct 16, 9:29 PM
    • 530 Posts
    • 153 Thanks
    SallySunshine
    • 9th Oct 16, 9:29 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 9:29 PM
    Only 2 pages of listings for them.
    Can't understand how it is allowed!
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 9th Oct 16, 11:18 PM
    • 8,714 Posts
    • 9,777 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    • 9th Oct 16, 11:18 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 11:18 PM
    Originally posted by SallySunshine
    The days of ebay being concerned about the selling of illegal goods has long gone. All they care about now are their profits.
    They may act if the listings are reported but all that will probably happen is that they will get removed but the sellers will simply sign up with a new id and list them again.

If ebay were serious about stopping the sale of counterfeits such as these, it wouldn't take much in the way of computer programming for their system to pick up any listing containing the words "game of thrones" and "season 6" and automatically remove it.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 10th Oct 16, 3:18 AM
    • 23,348 Posts
    • 9,201 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:18 AM
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:18 AM
    As mentioned ebay dont really care, if its a fairly new seller not making much money for them they may remove their listings.

If its a seller making then a decent profit then expect the listings to stay.

If you have the time then report them all and contact the publisher/copyright owners and let them know you have unknowingly bought a fake item off ebay and even though you have reported the fake items to ebay the listings are still running.

Copyright holders and publishing companies may have better access to ebay and could get them pulled very quickly.

If your lucky you may get a freebie for your effort.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • Fightsback
    • By Fightsback 10th Oct 16, 9:48 AM
    • 2,477 Posts
    • 1,433 Thanks
    Fightsback
    Only 2 pages of listings for them.
    Originally posted by SallySunshine
    If some dodgy looking person is attempting to sell you an ipad for a knock down price from the boot of a car in a McDonalds car park you'd be suspicious wouldn't you ? I certainly hope so.

Same applies to fleabay, it's a McDonalds car park. Always look at reputation and how long they have been trading.

Welcome to a world full of crooks, cheats and swindlers. It happens all the way to the top.

Caveat emptor.
    Science isn't exact, it's only confidence within limits.
    • donnac2558
    • By donnac2558 10th Oct 16, 12:12 PM
    • 2,127 Posts
    • 1,718 Thanks
    donnac2558
    Now it could be a US copy, but it does sound like seller has bought a US version and made copies to sell on. Boxsets US are usually released a few months ahead of the UK.

I do buy boxsets and yes Ebay but all have been the real thing but US version. But then I only buy from one business seller and its not that much cheaper than Amazon, £7 usually. The picture quality etc is a big give away on copy or real.
    • kwikbreaks
    • By kwikbreaks 10th Oct 16, 12:21 PM
    • 8,312 Posts
    • 4,106 Thanks
    kwikbreaks
    it does sound like seller has bought a US version and made copies to sell on.
    Originally posted by donnac2558
    I doubt the seller bought anything - all popular TV shows are around as torrents and hookey downloads well before box sets hit the shelves.

Quickest way to get a refund is to go through the "not as described" route.
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 10th Oct 16, 12:41 PM
    • 8,714 Posts
    • 9,777 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    Now it could be a US copy, but it does sound like seller has bought a US version and made copies to sell on. Boxsets US are usually released a few months ahead of the UK.
    Originally posted by donnac2558
    Not in this instance.
    It appears that season 6 won't be getting released on DVD & Blu-ray in the US until the 15th November.
    • fleshandbone
    • By fleshandbone 10th Oct 16, 12:52 PM
    • 445 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    fleshandbone
    Pirate Version pieces of eight pieces of eight
    Live and let live, love and not hate, sing and be joyous, respect all mankind and natures gifts
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,279Posts Today

6,071Users online

Martin's Twitter