Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• Robisere
    • By Robisere 9th Oct 16, 4:11 PM
    • 1,044Posts
    • 1,677Thanks
    Prestigio Tablet
    • 9th Oct 16, 4:11 PM
    Prestigio Tablet 9th Oct 16 at 4:11 PM
    I am looking for info regarding this tablet:

My 11 yo gd has just blown her second Hudl2, both went the same way: charged up fine, remove charger plug, will not boot. She has always looked after it properly and I taught her to switch off the power socket, wait for the charger light to go out before unplugging. I taught her to do that with anything similar, from a very young age. She is quite mature for her age and looks after all her possessions.

I tried plugging in the charger again, left it for about 10 min's. the area around the charger input became very warm, then cooled. It would still not bootup. This makes me think that battery (which cannot be replaced) and/or motherboard, is/are kaput.

Does anyone here have this or similar tablet? I am looking at the price, which seems a bit too good to be true.
    There may be more than one way to skin a cat.
    But the result is always inedible.

Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 9th Oct 16, 9:11 PM
    • 27,358 Posts
    • 17,341 Thanks
    • 9th Oct 16, 9:11 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 9:11 PM
    What about a kindle from Currys for £40 ?

Amazon have a used 1 for less than £40, be better of buying the 1 from Currys.

What price were you looking at paying ?
    Last edited by DCFC79; 09-10-2016 at 9:16 PM.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • spud17
    • By spud17 9th Oct 16, 9:33 PM
    • 4,031 Posts
    • 1,846 Thanks
    • 9th Oct 16, 9:33 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 9:33 PM
    Anyone else noticed how many threads now start with 'So', 'Okay' or 'Basically'?
    • Robisere
    • By Robisere 10th Oct 16, 9:36 PM
    • 1,044 Posts
    • 1,677 Thanks
    • 10th Oct 16, 9:36 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 9:36 PM
    Thanks, DCFC79, but a Kindle is exactly what she does NOT want!
    No 'proper' Android - it's limited to Amazon's own version. That means no Google Playstore and none of the Apps & games that gd likes.

(If I had a similar Avatar to yours, btw, it would read "NFFC52".)

Thanks also Spud17, but I have been researching Hudl's and discovered several intetesting facts about weaknesses in the systems. Information I received is that the charging regulators are a big weakness, followed by the charging input socket and the connection from the regulator to the motherboard. Usual story for some devices: software and screen fine, crippled by cheap & nasty hardware.

It occurs to me that Hudl users who have had no problems with their tab's, will probably flame me now. All I can say, is that my family has now had 3 and all have showed exactly the same symptoms, followed by failure to boot.

I bought this:

- which is about a decade better.
    There may be more than one way to skin a cat.
    But the result is always inedible.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,413Posts Today

7,274Users online

Martin's Twitter