Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • knightstyle
    • By knightstyle 9th Oct 16, 3:01 PM
    • 4,022Posts
    • 1,472Thanks
    knightstyle
    KFC Vent
    • 9th Oct 16, 3:01 PM
    KFC Vent 9th Oct 16 at 3:01 PM
    Don't go often but went yesterday. Nice pic of boneless feast tempted me...https://www.kfc.co.uk/our-food/for-sharing/deluxe-boneless-feast but as I was on my own got a 3 piece boneless meal.
    When I got home I realised the pieces of chicken were very tiny strips, nothing like the pic. even though they had the same name. Plus I had paid for a meal with strips and dips but there were no dips in my bag.
    Won't be back soon.
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 9th Oct 16, 3:26 PM
    • 6,229 Posts
    • 6,128 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 9th Oct 16, 3:26 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 3:26 PM
    Yup. The last time I was in a KFC a few weeks back, the boneless meal was pretty miserable, just adequate for the two kids but not for the OH - she ended up having one of my three bits of traditional chicken, which were just what you would have expected - stick to the core products there!
    Last edited by pogofish; 09-10-2016 at 3:28 PM.
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 9th Oct 16, 5:55 PM
    • 3,907 Posts
    • 23,059 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • 9th Oct 16, 5:55 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 5:55 PM
    Muppet food!
    No one dreams of escape
    From the aroma of a cheap jar of coffee
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 10th Oct 16, 4:01 AM
    • 1,332 Posts
    • 496 Thanks
    Ben8282
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:01 AM
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:01 AM
    I like the KFC food. The chicken is normally fresh, tasty and of good quality.

My problem is with the inability of their staff to correctly fulfil take away orders so that there are often items missing (usually sides) or when you order beans and they forget to put in a spoon (ok if you are taking the food home - not ok if you are planning to eat it in the car or park etc) or when the pot containing the side of beans or gravy is half empty or when they make petty problems such as when you buy a bargain bucket that comes with 2 large sides and you say can I please have 4 small sides because the children fight if they have to share the same large side or I am going to share my side with a friend/colleague and we prefer not to have to eat from the same tub etc and the staff say NO.

You are correct when you say that the boneless meal contains 3 strips but they are not that small!
    As to the dips, you are correct. Spend lots and ask for a dip without paying 20p and you will be told NO - 20p. Buy a meal such as the boneless meal which includes 2 dips and you will NEVER be given them. Usually if you ask for bbq they will try to give you the free sachets if you don't insist on having the 'other sort that I have paid for' which do actually taste better than the free sachets. They are not the same.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 10th Oct 16, 7:26 AM
    • 14,582 Posts
    • 10,377 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 10th Oct 16, 7:26 AM
    • 10th Oct 16, 7:26 AM
    I think the Im the only person in the world who doesn't like kfc. When I've tried it it just tastes greasy -yuk.
    • meer53
    • By meer53 10th Oct 16, 8:40 AM
    • 8,360 Posts
    • 11,920 Thanks
    meer53
    • 10th Oct 16, 8:40 AM
    • 10th Oct 16, 8:40 AM
    I think the Im the only person in the world who doesn't like kfc. When I've tried it it just tastes greasy -yuk.
    Originally posted by hollydays
    I don't like it either, it's way too salty for me.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 10th Oct 16, 8:45 AM
    • 13,654 Posts
    • 33,112 Thanks
    elsien
    • 10th Oct 16, 8:45 AM
    • 10th Oct 16, 8:45 AM
    Never been in. I find the greasy smell emanating from my local branch too off putting.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • fleshandbone
    • By fleshandbone 10th Oct 16, 9:42 AM
    • 445 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    fleshandbone
    • 10th Oct 16, 9:42 AM
    • 10th Oct 16, 9:42 AM
    Also they have a serious lack of Chicken breast and if you request this they give you the most evil look because they just want to fob you off with drumsticks!

However, the staff most probably have to deal with loads of orders with very impatient customers so mistakes will often happen after all they are only human.

Winner winner chicken dinner.
    Live and let live, love and not hate, sing and be joyous, respect all mankind and natures gifts
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 10th Oct 16, 10:00 AM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 683 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 10th Oct 16, 10:00 AM
    • 10th Oct 16, 10:00 AM
    Originally posted by hollydays
    Oh, I don't think so, I think you will find there are at least two of us!!
    • KingS6
    • By KingS6 11th Oct 16, 4:00 AM
    • 394 Posts
    • 332 Thanks
    KingS6
    My experiences of KFC.

All the chicken products have got smaller in size over the years, especially the traditional chicken pieces. Think about how they were in the late nineties/early two thousands for reference. It was almost worth the money back then.

Just because they have to deal with impatient customers doesn't mean patient ones should suffer.

The portions of fries have got a lot more stingey too. When you used to order to go large that's what you got.

Sides and dips missing seems par for the course. If I ever use drive thru I or my passenger always check it over before leaving.

To digress, the McDonald's I've been too you can't ask for no ice anymore. The machines automatically dispense with the drink. Always handing back milkshakes and slushys to ask them to be filled to the line/the top.

Are staff specifically trained to dish out stingey portions and hope that customers will be lackadaisical enough not to challenge it?
    • ARandomMiser
    • By ARandomMiser 11th Oct 16, 5:53 AM
    • 903 Posts
    • 1,753 Thanks
    ARandomMiser
    I don't often use KFC but do enjoy it once in a while. I must live near a good one because the only complaints I have ever had are
    - once the chips were cold - they replaced them without question
    - they are forever running out of sweetcorn
    • SpammyTheSpammer
    • By SpammyTheSpammer 11th Oct 16, 8:16 AM
    • 1,385 Posts
    • 1,486 Thanks
    SpammyTheSpammer
    Oh NO!
    Sounds like KFC have fallen from their previous Michelin 5* performance.
    Get Gordon Ramsay or Maria Porter etc to sort them out....
    I am a cow so cannot speak Bullshine but I do recognise its smell when I come upon it.
    • fleshandbone
    • By fleshandbone 11th Oct 16, 9:05 AM
    • 445 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    fleshandbone
    My experiences of KFC.

All the chicken products have got smaller in size over the years, especially the traditional chicken pieces. Think about how they were in the late nineties/early two thousands for reference. It was almost worth the money back then.

Just because they have to deal with impatient customers doesn't mean patient ones should suffer.

The portions of fries have got a lot more stingey too. When you used to order to go large that's what you got.

Sides and dips missing seems par for the course. If I ever use drive thru I or my passenger always check it over before leaving.

To digress, the McDonald's I've been too you can't ask for no ice anymore. The machines automatically dispense with the drink. Always handing back milkshakes and slushys to ask them to be filled to the line/the top.

Are staff specifically trained to dish out stingey portions and hope that customers will be lackadaisical enough not to challenge it?
    Originally posted by KingS6
    Smaller portions = we wont get fat as quickly = has to be a good thing?
    Live and let live, love and not hate, sing and be joyous, respect all mankind and natures gifts
    • KingS6
    • By KingS6 11th Oct 16, 3:18 PM
    • 394 Posts
    • 332 Thanks
    KingS6
    Smaller portions = we wont get fat as quickly = has to be a good thing?
    Originally posted by fleshandbone
    Not for the prices they are charging.

I forgot to add, KFC Middlebrook have run out of chicken, yes chicken on more than one occasion.
    • fleshandbone
    • By fleshandbone 11th Oct 16, 4:42 PM
    • 445 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    fleshandbone
    Not for the prices they are charging.

I forgot to add, KFC Middlebrook have run out of chicken, yes chicken on more than one occasion.
    Originally posted by KingS6
    How much would you want to pay or do you expect to get it free?
    • KingS6
    • By KingS6 11th Oct 16, 6:00 PM
    • 394 Posts
    • 332 Thanks
    KingS6
    Just bigger pieces for the same price would be fair enough.
    • Robisere
    • By Robisere 11th Oct 16, 7:45 PM
    • 1,114 Posts
    • 1,765 Thanks
    Robisere
    Contrast KFC service with any decent Hänchen (chicken) restaurant/bar in Germany. A whole or half chicken, spit - roasted as you watch, with different choices of chips and/or sides. I used to love eating there!

I could never understand the Germans letting KFC into their country, when they have such great eating places.
    There may be more than one way to skin a cat.
    But the result is always inedible.

• Laz123
    • By Laz123 12th Oct 16, 8:43 AM
    • 1,381 Posts
    • 828 Thanks
    Laz123
    This reminds me of the scene in Falling Down when Michael Douglas points a machine gun at the staff in a fast food restaurant and complains the burgers are nothing like the pictures.
    I like life. It's something to do.

Ronnie Shakes
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 12th Oct 16, 8:47 AM
    • 7,677 Posts
    • 11,325 Thanks
    worried jim
    When I'm in Egypt I get it delivered and its cheap! Don't even have to move from the pool- lovely!

In the UK I rarely get any dips but the food is always what I ordered. Recently I had a wait while they cooked some spicy chicken and the chap gave me loads of freebies- literally double the order- great service.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • fleshandbone
    • By fleshandbone 12th Oct 16, 9:07 AM
    • 445 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    fleshandbone
    Contrast KFC service with any decent Hänchen (chicken) restaurant/bar in Germany. A whole or half chicken, spit - roasted as you watch, with different choices of chips and/or sides. I used to love eating there!

I could never understand the Germans letting KFC into their country, when they have such great eating places.
    Originally posted by Robisere
    KFC = Southern Fried not roasted = a difference.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

932Posts Today

5,823Users online

Martin's Twitter