Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • usernameusername
    • By usernameusername 9th Oct 16, 2:57 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    usernameusername
    Mattress free trials (Eve/Trmpur etc)
    • 9th Oct 16, 2:57 PM
    Mattress free trials (Eve/Trmpur etc) 9th Oct 16 at 2:57 PM
    I would like a memory foam matres, but will be moving abroad relatively soon, so don't really want to buy one.

I was thinking of trying the Eve 100 night trial, paying £40 a month in installments, then returning before the 100 nights is up for a full refund, sleeping a night or two on my existing matress, then moving on to the next trial. By the time two or three trials are finished, I'll be out of here.

Before I "commit" to paying £600 for a mattress, who can confirm that these companies (particularly Eve) are good to their word Re: returns?

Has anybody ever been denied a mattress return to Eve?

Thanks!
Page 1
    • baz8790
    • By baz8790 9th Oct 16, 6:22 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    baz8790
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:22 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:22 PM
    I have a sleeping duck that also comes with a 100 night trial.

It's beginning to get lumps within 60 nights and I have tried to ask for the refund etc but they are insisting on trying to fix it
    • JuzaMum
    • By JuzaMum 9th Oct 16, 7:14 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    JuzaMum
    • 9th Oct 16, 7:14 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 7:14 PM
    It seems dishonest to take a trial of a mattress when really you want a free loan. I agree £600 is a lot but you can get an Ikea foam mattress for £100 with no risk or stress about returning it and maybe even sell it when you have finished.
    • Pinkypants
    • By Pinkypants 21st Oct 16, 12:15 AM
    • 1,284 Posts
    • 634 Thanks
    Pinkypants
    • 21st Oct 16, 12:15 AM
    • 21st Oct 16, 12:15 AM
    It sure is and all it'll do is help push the price of the product up. Image the costs to the company if everyone did it.
    Helping the country to sleep better....ZZZzzzzzzz
    • krey
    • By krey 21st Oct 16, 12:31 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    krey
    • 21st Oct 16, 12:31 AM
    • 21st Oct 16, 12:31 AM
    what do you think the company is going to do with a returned mattress? nothing... it's going to skip!
    Do yourself a favour and get an used clean mattress for £10 from ebay/gumtree and you can just throw it away once you move.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,764Posts Today

6,413Users online

Martin's Twitter