Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • _Anna_
    • By _Anna_ 9th Oct 16, 1:25 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 2Thanks
    _Anna_
    Opticians
    • 9th Oct 16, 1:25 PM
    Opticians 9th Oct 16 at 1:25 PM
    Dear all,
    I had purchased glasses in Boots Opticians 18 months ago but the frame broke down two weeks ago. They told me at Boots Opticians that it is impossible to fix the frame and I cannot get refund because there is one year warranty only. Does anyone know whether it's correct that the warranty is one year only? Glasses are quite expensive.
    Thank you.
Page 1
    • SailorSam
    • By SailorSam 9th Oct 16, 2:20 PM
    • 21,164 Posts
    • 36,461 Thanks
    SailorSam
    • 9th Oct 16, 2:20 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 2:20 PM
    I can't imagine after 18mths they'd replace them. Have you asked can they do you a frame but keep your lenses, that may save you a bit. Although we're told to go and have our eyes tested every 2yrs, so you may need new ones in 6mths anyway.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
    • _Anna_
    • By _Anna_ 9th Oct 16, 2:55 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    _Anna_
    • 9th Oct 16, 2:55 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 2:55 PM
    I Have you asked can they do you a frame but keep your lenses, that may save you a bit?
    Originally posted by SailorSam
    Yes, they told me that this model has been discontinued this is why they cannot replace the frame.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 9th Oct 16, 6:56 PM
    • 5,849 Posts
    • 3,451 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:56 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:56 PM
    You can a have replacement frames, provided that the lenses needed are smaller than yours, which can be recut. However, reglazing is nearly as expensive as complete frames, so replacement frames are probably the same.

I've had my Asda frames for over two years (didn't need a change) and have dropped them and even sat on them a number of times, but they are still intact.

Some years ago, I trod on a pair of Specsavers glasses, as they were a similar colour to the carpet. This resulted in one bent and one snapped arm.The design was discontinued, but from scrap boxes, they found a pair of plain gold coloured arms, which actually looked better than the originals. Cost £5.
    • Lorian
    • By Lorian 9th Oct 16, 7:00 PM
    • 3,749 Posts
    • 1,974 Thanks
    Lorian
    • 9th Oct 16, 7:00 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 7:00 PM
    whats the frame material, and where is it broken?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

702Posts Today

5,052Users online

Martin's Twitter