Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • martm10
    • By martm10 9th Oct 16, 1:21 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 1Thanks
    martm10
    TV Aerial connections
    • 9th Oct 16, 1:21 PM
    TV Aerial connections 9th Oct 16 at 1:21 PM
    Hi,

Moved into a new house a few months ago and the idiot that I am forgot to buy the ridiculous amount of extra money to have a TV Aerial put in the attic. We were getting sky anyway so wasn't a big problem, the engineer came and said he had connected all of the Aerial ports in our house to the sky dish, so in order to watch Freeview in the rooms without sky, we would need either a Free Sat box or a Sky box.
    I managed to get hold of a mates old sky HD box but it has the two sky cables coming out from the back, and obviously wont plug into the TV Aerial port in the wall..

Does anyone know what kind of adaptor/connector I need in order to allow me to watch just the Freeview channels through the sky box?

Thanks,
Page 1
    • thescouselander
    • By thescouselander 9th Oct 16, 2:01 PM
    • 4,858 Posts
    • 4,269 Thanks
    thescouselander
    • 9th Oct 16, 2:01 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 2:01 PM
    Yeah, just get some f-connector to TV aerial adapters
    • Moto2
    • By Moto2 9th Oct 16, 4:11 PM
    • 2,116 Posts
    • 1,847 Thanks
    Moto2
    • 9th Oct 16, 4:11 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 4:11 PM
    Just replace the outlet plates with these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dual-Socket-Faceplate-Satellite-Outlets/dp/B003OST2HC

and get some F flyleads
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ex-Pro%C2%AE-White-satellite-F-Type-Connection/dp/B005VDWGNA

You should be able to get them cheaper than that though
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

239Posts Today

2,213Users online

Martin's Twitter