Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Archergirl
    • By Archergirl 9th Oct 16, 12:09 PM
    • 984Posts
    • 532Thanks
    Archergirl
    Diamond ring
    • 9th Oct 16, 12:09 PM
    Diamond ring 9th Oct 16 at 12:09 PM
    I have a 7 stone diamond Victorian engagement ring, the centre diamond has fallen out, anyone know if the ins company would replace it, I know I should call them, but it's Sunday so I thought I would just ask here, I do have lost cover but not sure if this will be included.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Oct 16, 12:23 PM
    • 30,248 Posts
    • 14,337 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Oct 16, 12:23 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 12:23 PM
    Check your policy wording to see what is covered before you contact your insurer

You should only report a loss to your insurer if you are certain you can make a claim as they will record the loss on the shared database whether or not you make a successful claim - meaning that you must disclose it to other insurers when asking for quotes in future, and it will impact your future premiums even if no claim is made(insurers ask about losses as well as claims)
    • Archergirl
    • By Archergirl 9th Oct 16, 3:23 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 532 Thanks
    Archergirl
    • 9th Oct 16, 3:23 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 3:23 PM
    Well it says personal possessions and mentions repairs so I guess it will be OK. Ringless fingers crossed
    • FutureGirl
    • By FutureGirl 9th Oct 16, 7:15 PM
    • 518 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    FutureGirl
    • 9th Oct 16, 7:15 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 7:15 PM
    If you have personal possessions it should be OK, but double check your policy booklet T&C and schedule for any endorsements, as there can be exclusions relating to jewellery and/or losing certain items.

It's likely the insurance will repair the ring, but it depends who you're with and whether they have a supplier that can do that. And don't forget to factor in your excess that you'll have to pay too.
    Capital One:£1,279.60/£1,300.00
    Aqua: £285.73/£300.00
    o2: £271.00
    • Archergirl
    • By Archergirl 9th Oct 16, 7:36 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 532 Thanks
    Archergirl
    • 9th Oct 16, 7:36 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 7:36 PM
    I really hope they can repair it, I have £100 excess and am more than happy to pay that to get it done.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,352Posts Today

6,710Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @speirin: @MartinSLewis now thats a blast from the past ???? https://t.co/5cSz1aNWFz

• Have you set the Betamax? Tonight 8pm ITV The Martin Lewis Money Show - if ur married, and/or got kids and/or get tax credits - a must watch

• On my way to @thismorning today "Is a shop telling you porkies" - how to tell your consumer rights from consumer wrongs...

• Follow Martin