Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Not Angela Rippon
    • By Not Angela Rippon 9th Oct 16, 10:38 AM
    • 16Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Not Angela Rippon
    Catalogue rewards scheme
    • 9th Oct 16, 10:38 AM
    Catalogue rewards scheme 9th Oct 16 at 10:38 AM
    Hi

I was paying off a few things I've got from a catalogue (which I've now done) and had got about £300 of rewards. In 2014 I had a letter from them saying if I didn't purchase anything by Christmas I would lose the rewards so I did and kept them.

No such letter was received in 2015 and I noticed that the rewards went from £300 to zero. When I queried I was told that this was seasonal and went to zero each year and I should have got a letter about this.

I complained but they rebuffed my complaint.

I don't know whether to progress this but can't find anything in their terms and conditions about this nor did I receive a letter from them saying the £300 was being withdrawn.
Page 1
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 9th Oct 16, 10:59 AM
    • 9,975 Posts
    • 6,526 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 9th Oct 16, 10:59 AM
    • 9th Oct 16, 10:59 AM
    which catalogue?
    • Not Angela Rippon
    • By Not Angela Rippon 9th Oct 16, 11:07 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Not Angela Rippon
    • 9th Oct 16, 11:07 AM
    • 9th Oct 16, 11:07 AM
    which catalogue?
    Originally posted by Caz3121
    Littlewoods - KandCo that was
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 9th Oct 16, 11:22 AM
    • 9,975 Posts
    • 6,526 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 9th Oct 16, 11:22 AM
    • 9th Oct 16, 11:22 AM
    Rewards earned from an account payment will lapse if they are not redeemed within one year of the date of that account payment. Additionally, if a customer does not shop for one whole season then any Rewards earned will lapse.

http://www.littlewoods.com/newrules.page

I am not aware of how these programs work but this does imply that they lapse after if don't shop for a season or after 12 months
    However the rules may have changed since you opened your account
    • Not Angela Rippon
    • By Not Angela Rippon 9th Oct 16, 11:42 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Not Angela Rippon
    • 9th Oct 16, 11:42 AM
    • 9th Oct 16, 11:42 AM
    Rewards earned from an account payment will lapse if they are not redeemed within one year of the date of that account payment. Additionally, if a customer does not shop for one whole season then any Rewards earned will lapse.

http://www.littlewoods.com/newrules.page

I am not aware of how these programs work but this does imply that they lapse after if don't shop for a season or after 12 months
    However the rules may have changed since you opened your account
    Originally posted by Caz3121
    Thanks wasn't made aware of that but guess will have to call it a day and not shop with them in future.
    • flightboy
    • By flightboy 9th Oct 16, 11:52 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    flightboy
    • 9th Oct 16, 11:52 AM
    • 9th Oct 16, 11:52 AM
    Thanks wasn't made aware of that but guess will have to call it a day and not shop with them in future.
    Originally posted by Not Angela Rippon
    They have stopped the rewards scheme now anyway so no more rewards to me made ( annoying for my mother as she earned £1000 a year in rewards on average )
    • carlislelass
    • By carlislelass 9th Oct 16, 2:00 PM
    • 1,444 Posts
    • 3,499 Thanks
    carlislelass
    • 9th Oct 16, 2:00 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 2:00 PM
    I had ordered furniture then got a letter saying rewards were stopping, stand to lose a chunk? Been with them 20yrs. What rewards I could use I bought smash stuff so as not to lose too much
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,450Posts Today

6,083Users online

Martin's Twitter