Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chillibum
    • By chillibum 9th Oct 16, 12:12 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    chillibum
    peed off
    • 9th Oct 16, 12:12 AM
    peed off 9th Oct 16 at 12:12 AM
    Good evening, help advice needed re bills etc. my partner and I had an amicable arrangement whilst we were together re bills etc ALL ARE IN MY NAME barring the mortgage which is joint. we have separated but still live in the same house for the sake of our daughter, recently her job has had issues whereby she has had her contract bought out and her given £18000 for it, she is on a lesser amount per hour and is refusing to pay anything as I am on more money than her even though she is living a very single life is there anything I can do as I cant afford to pay for all the bills and if I don't pay ill be the one blacklisted as a bad debtor.
    ps we aren't married
    Last edited by chillibum; 09-10-2016 at 12:22 AM.
Page 1
    • Sambella
    • By Sambella 9th Oct 16, 10:11 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 159 Thanks
    Sambella
    • 9th Oct 16, 10:11 AM
    • 9th Oct 16, 10:11 AM
    Move out. Contact utility companies saying that you are no longer resident and tell them who now resides there.

If she refuses to pay her share of the mortgage you will have to do that but if you don't she is jointly responsible for that.

Possibly this is not practical for you if you have any debts in your sole name. You may be stuck there. Please don't ever do this again in the future.
    • chillibum
    • By chillibum 11th Oct 16, 7:19 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    chillibum
    • 11th Oct 16, 7:19 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 7:19 PM
    Thanks Sambella, I have learned an expensive lesson. I have cancelled all debits and I have move to my mates.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

456Posts Today

3,387Users online

Martin's Twitter