Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • toshiba12345
    • By toshiba12345 8th Oct 16, 9:06 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 2Thanks
    toshiba12345
    Parking ticket from CPS its effect to medical student and GMC?
    • 8th Oct 16, 9:06 PM
    Parking ticket from CPS its effect to medical student and GMC? 8th Oct 16 at 9:06 PM
    hi guys. just registered today and i have read the newbies section though i had to read them couple of times. haha. such complicated but very detailed.

i just got the charge tonight and quickly browsed here and found such a wonderful forum.

here are pictures of the charge i got from CPS midlands LTD

hxxps://s22.postimg.org/h52dv07o1/image.jpg
    hxxps://s22.postimg.org/c7ot9w5ox/image.jpg
    hxxps://s22.postimg.org/ltidq6wup/image.jpg

So based on my understanding.

1. leave until week 3.
    2. make note of any NTK letters
    3. appeal to the operator(most likely rejected)
    4. get the appeal code from their rejected letters
    5. go to popla?

Also, can i just make a small note that i am a medical student and im afraid any court actions etc needs to be notified to GMC which could affect my career. Im doing my finals next year so really dont want to take any slim chances of having my medical degree compromised due to £100 fine. ((

just wanted to add that when i double check the note, the contravention code says to X marked relevant box, but they only X marked the F box but only used / on the G box.
    Last edited by toshiba12345; 08-10-2016 at 9:13 PM.
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Oct 16, 11:49 PM
    • 40,339 Posts
    • 52,174 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Can you edit that post to remove that question? We don't condone lying.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• toshiba12345
    • By toshiba12345 30th Oct 16, 8:20 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    toshiba12345
    hi guys. just to update. i havent receive any NTK letter so far? should i just wait? it has been about 3 weeks now. I got the ticket on the 8th.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 30th Oct 16, 9:11 PM
    • 36,411 Posts
    • 73,194 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    hi guys. just to update. i havent receive any NTK letter so far? should i just wait? it has been about 3 weeks now. I got the ticket on the 8th.
    Originally posted by toshiba12345
    Did you send the IPC template letter from the NEWBIES thread? If not, do it now. If you did, wait to see what happens.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Ivor Pecheque
    • By Ivor Pecheque 30th Oct 16, 10:32 PM
    • 679 Posts
    • 1,233 Thanks
    Ivor Pecheque
    It's a civil dispute.

The GMC won't give a hoot.
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 30th Oct 16, 11:11 PM
    • 40,339 Posts
    • 52,174 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Of course you haven't. They can't get DVLA data until day 29 at the earliest.

Umkomaas explained what to do, send the usual IPC appeal from the NEWBIES thread (or, wait for the NTK next month and THEN send it). As he also told you, nothing will get rid of this, you will have to ride it out. The PCN will NOT be cancelled and there will be no point continuing the appeal to the IAS (this is explained in the NEWBIES thread already so I'll let you read it).

CPS Midlands are IPC AOS members, so unfortunately, no POPLA.

Just send in the IPC template appeal, then ignore anything further unless court papers are issued - come back if received.

This isn't brain surgery, but a bit more than chopping out an ingrown toenail.

CPS Midlands are not currently litigious.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/CPS_Midlands.html

Nothing will get rid of this quickly, you just have to ride it out, I'm sorry.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.

• toshiba12345
    • By toshiba12345 1st Nov 16, 9:05 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    toshiba12345
    Re PCN number:

I am not ignoring your charge for a purported parking infraction. As the driver has not been identified, I require the following information so that I can make an informed decision:

1. Who is the party that contracted with your company? I require their contact details.
    2. What is the full identity of the landowner?
    3. Is your charge based on damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    4. If the charge is based on damages for breach of contract please provide your justification of this sum.
    5. Is your charge based on an agreed 'fee' for the provision of parking? Answer yes or no. If so, please provide a valid VAT invoice for this 'service'.
    6. Please provide a copy of the signs that you can evidence were on site and which you contend formed a contract with the driver on that occasion, as well as all photographs taken of this vehicle.

In my opinion, there is a better alternative than legal proceedings, namely that we utilise the services of a completely independent ADR service suited to parking charges. This does not include the IAS appeal service - which is widely held to lack independence from your own Trade Body.

Do not send debt collector letters and do not add any costs. Double recovery is prohibited by the POFA 2012. I will not respond to debt collectors and to involve a third party would be a failure to mitigate your costs. These are not my liability because the POFA 2012 can only potentially hold a registered keeper liable if certain provisions have been met.

I deny liability for any sum at all.

Yours faithfully,

--------------

Hi guys. Im struggling to find the template in post #3 in the newbies thread. is above the right template?

the other template i found is for POPLA companies which CPS is not.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Nov 16, 9:20 PM
    • 40,339 Posts
    • 52,174 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes that's the IPC appeal - I updated it a bit recently and made it more concise and that's the right one.

Send that - and if you have to post it, keep proof of posting from the PO Counter (a free certificate of posting). Remember the PPC will NOT cancel so please don't come back when you get the rejection letter asking what is the 'next step'. I scream inside when people ask that when they have already been told there isn't a next step.

Some people even think they have to pay and appear to have read nothing here! Hopefully you have, as you found the appeal to use for now.

As long as you have read the NEWBIES thread including post #3 which tells you why NOT to appeal to the IAS, sit tight after that.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 01-11-2016 at 9:23 PM.

• toshiba12345
    • By toshiba12345 2nd Nov 16, 11:47 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    toshiba12345
    yeah. i believe i understand that we have to wait if they do take court letters in the next 6 years(?) if not i am free!! hahah.

if they do come with court letters i shall come back. thanks for the advice. have a nice day!

edit: sorry quick question. shall i send a letter or email? or both?
    • DollyDee
    • By DollyDee 2nd Nov 16, 1:25 PM
    • 618 Posts
    • 632 Thanks
    DollyDee
    If you look at the reverse of the original ticket (you posted images near the beginning) appeals are by post only.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Nov 16, 1:32 PM
    • 40,339 Posts
    • 52,174 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    if they do come with court letters i shall come back.
    No-one comes round with court letters. A small claim would arrive in the post and would be defended either online (at first, later at a hearing) or by post at first (later at a hearing).

No-one is going to come knocking, these are not bailiffs and they can't appoint any without the small matter of beating you in court first, then you refusing to pay (which you wouldn't, if a Judge found against you, you'd finally pay and it would all be over. No CCJ, no huge costs, nothing bad).

That's the worst case scenario and it's no biggie & unlikely to happen.

• toshiba12345
    • By toshiba12345 4th Nov 16, 3:04 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    toshiba12345
    just realised that they are asking to appeal by day 28. i think im already at day 27. will post by today. will that be okay?

also they also asked for few details: should i write down my email, address etc? because thats what they require for appeal.

a)pcn number and vehicle number
    b- state if driver keeper or other
    c- name full address and postcode
    d- home or mobile number
    e- email
    f- business address if business.

Thanks again!

im just wondering if i dont provide my address how can they reply to my letter? hmm
    Last edited by toshiba12345; 04-11-2016 at 3:12 PM.
    • yotmon
    • By yotmon 4th Nov 16, 3:38 PM
    • 352 Posts
    • 466 Thanks
    yotmon
    just realised that they are asking to appeal by day 28. i think im already at day 27. will post by today. will that be okay?

also they also asked for few details: should i write down my email, address etc? because thats what they require for appeal.

a)pcn number and vehicle number
    b- state if driver keeper or other
    c- name full address and postcode
    d- home or mobile number
    e- email
    f- business address if business.

Thanks again!

im just wondering if i dont provide my address how can they reply to my letter? hmm
    Originally posted by toshiba12345
    By paying £2.50 to the dvla and obtaining keeper details - that's how.

Up to you re' supplying them your e-mail address (not everyone has one). Can't see them being allowed to turn down your appeal just because you didn't supply one.
    • toshiba12345
    • By toshiba12345 4th Nov 16, 5:36 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    toshiba12345
    well they said they will turn down the appeal if i dont provide.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Nov 16, 5:53 PM
    • 10,952 Posts
    • 16,333 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Don't give them any excuse to ignore your appeal because you didn't follow due process. Give them your address, it's no big deal. Don't indicate who was driving!

Send by email and follow up with one by post - 1st class stamp with free cert of posting from PO counter - tomorrow. Do not send 'signed for/recorded'.

No more prevarication, you need to get on with it now.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Nov 16, 1:20 AM
    • 40,339 Posts
    • 52,174 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Or wait for the NTK if you didn't get this sent on Friday. You have already been advised that was an option.

• toshiba12345
    • By toshiba12345 10th Nov 16, 2:15 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    toshiba12345
    thanks all. will update soon.
    • toshiba12345
    • By toshiba12345 17th Nov 16, 12:40 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    toshiba12345
    hmm. they said i cant appeal because it should be sent on by the 21th day.

i sent it on 7th of november. the date of ticket was 8th october.

i thought we should send it by day 25-26?

i havent receive NTK though. i guess since ive given them my details, they will send me one soon. ((
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Nov 16, 12:49 PM
    • 10,952 Posts
    • 16,333 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    hmm. they said i cant appeal because it should be sent on by the 21th day.

i sent it on 7th of november. the date of ticket was 8th october.

i thought we should send it by day 25-26?

i havent receive NTK though. i guess since ive given them my details, they will send me one soon. ((
    That would be for a BPA operator. UKCPS are IPC operators.

They're suspended from access to the DVLA database currently so, even if they were prepared to do it, you won't get a NtK sourced via the DVLA.

Next in the post is likely to be debt collector correspondence, which can be ignored. See NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #4 for further information - all contained there, nothing further we can add to it.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

228Posts Today

2,623Users online

Martin's Twitter