Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • toshiba12345
    • By toshiba12345 8th Oct 16, 9:06 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 2Thanks
    toshiba12345
    Parking ticket from CPS its effect to medical student and GMC?
    • 8th Oct 16, 9:06 PM
    Parking ticket from CPS its effect to medical student and GMC? 8th Oct 16 at 9:06 PM
    hi guys. just registered today and i have read the newbies section though i had to read them couple of times. haha. such complicated but very detailed.

i just got the charge tonight and quickly browsed here and found such a wonderful forum.

here are pictures of the charge i got from CPS midlands LTD

hxxps://s22.postimg.org/h52dv07o1/image.jpg
    hxxps://s22.postimg.org/c7ot9w5ox/image.jpg
    hxxps://s22.postimg.org/ltidq6wup/image.jpg

So based on my understanding.

1. leave until week 3.
    2. make note of any NTK letters
    3. appeal to the operator(most likely rejected)
    4. get the appeal code from their rejected letters
    5. go to popla?

Also, can i just make a small note that i am a medical student and im afraid any court actions etc needs to be notified to GMC which could affect my career. Im doing my finals next year so really dont want to take any slim chances of having my medical degree compromised due to £100 fine. ((

just wanted to add that when i double check the note, the contravention code says to X marked relevant box, but they only X marked the F box but only used / on the G box.
    Last edited by toshiba12345; 08-10-2016 at 9:13 PM.
Page 1
    • The Slithy Tove
    • By The Slithy Tove 8th Oct 16, 9:18 PM
    • 3,091 Posts
    • 4,380 Thanks
    The Slithy Tove
    • 8th Oct 16, 9:18 PM
    • 8th Oct 16, 9:18 PM
    Also, can i just make a small note that i am a medical student and im afraid any court actions etc needs to be notified to GMC which could affect my career.
    Originally posted by toshiba12345
    Are you sure that includes civil cases, or is it just criminal ones?

In any case, you're a long way from that yet, so may as well go through the motions, and hopefully it'll end at POPLA.
    • toshiba12345
    • By toshiba12345 8th Oct 16, 9:38 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    toshiba12345
    • 8th Oct 16, 9:38 PM
    • 8th Oct 16, 9:38 PM
    hxxps://postimg.org/image/flu35rk19/

as attached. what do you guys think?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Oct 16, 10:11 PM
    • 40,372 Posts
    • 52,244 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Oct 16, 10:11 PM
    • 8th Oct 16, 10:11 PM
    None of those questions relate to a little old small claim! No worries there.

But you will not get this daft charge quashed on appeal and will not get POPLA as they are in the IPC:

https://www.theipc.info/aos-members/c

So read the usual advice in all other IPC threads (and in the NEWBIES thread post #3 about IAS and post #4 about ignoring debt collectors).
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Oct 16, 10:15 PM
    • 10,960 Posts
    • 16,354 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 8th Oct 16, 10:15 PM
    • 8th Oct 16, 10:15 PM
    CPS Midlands are IPC AOS members, so unfortunately, no POPLA.

Just send in the IPC template appeal, then ignore anything further unless court papers are issued - come back if received.

This isn't brain surgery, but a bit more than chopping out an ingrown toenail.

CPS Midlands are not currently litigious.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/CPS_Midlands.html

Nothing will get rid of this quickly, you just have to ride it out, I'm sorry.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • toshiba12345
    • By toshiba12345 8th Oct 16, 11:37 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    toshiba12345
    • 8th Oct 16, 11:37 PM
    • 8th Oct 16, 11:37 PM
    when you say they are currently not litigious does that mean so far in 2016 they havent bring any case to court yet? based on the link u sent, they havents. so its a good sign then?

also based on the recommendation there
    "Our recommendation for this operator: See if site will cancel. Otherwise ignore all but court papers but keep paperwork. Get pics of the site / signs if you do get a ticket and keep for later.. Or check using our Parking Ticket Wizard link here"

so i can just hope for another 6 years they wont take this to a court? unfortunately i may move to another place to work after graduating so that might cause an issue.

since the recent change of this company to IPC, im quite inclined to pay £60 due to hassle of this problem is no way worse than studying 1000pages of medical books. lol.

is that fair? ((
    • toshiba12345
    • By toshiba12345 8th Oct 16, 11:47 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    toshiba12345
    • 8th Oct 16, 11:47 PM
    • 8th Oct 16, 11:47 PM
    also. just for reference. here is the street view.

hxxps://postimg.org/image/xm33o83el/

they dont provide clear signs that the parkings are for their customers ONLY. and especially at night, just now, i was in a rush and couldnt find any usual signpoles or anything around the car parks.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Oct 16, 12:47 AM
    • 36,436 Posts
    • 73,228 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 9th Oct 16, 12:47 AM
    • 9th Oct 16, 12:47 AM
    hi guys. just registered today and i have read the newbies section though i had to read them couple of times. haha. such complicated but very detailed.

i just got the charge tonight and quickly browsed here and found such a wonderful forum.

here are pictures of the charge i got from CPS midlands LTD

https://s22.postimg.org/h52dv07o1/image.jpg
    https://s22.postimg.org/c7ot9w5ox/image.jpg
    https://s22.postimg.org/ltidq6wup/image.jpg

So based on my understanding.

1. leave until week 3.
    2. make note of any NTK letters
    3. appeal to the operator(most likely rejected)
    4. get the appeal code from their rejected letters
    5. go to popla?

Also, can i just make a small note that i am a medical student and im afraid any court actions etc needs to be notified to GMC which could affect my career. Im doing my finals next year so really dont want to take any slim chances of having my medical degree compromised due to £100 fine. ((

just wanted to add that when i double check the note, the contravention code says to X marked relevant box, but they only X marked the F box but only used / on the G box.
    https://postimg.org/image/flu35rk19/

as attached. what do you guys think?
    also. just for reference. here is the street view.

https://postimg.org/image/xm33o83el/

they dont provide clear signs that the parkings are for their customers ONLY. and especially at night, just now, i was in a rush and couldnt find any usual signpoles or anything around the car parks.
    Live links for pics.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • toshiba12345
    • By toshiba12345 9th Oct 16, 9:40 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    toshiba12345
    • 9th Oct 16, 9:40 AM
    • 9th Oct 16, 9:40 AM
    it seems that most of the cases from this company seem to be outdated but thanks to anyone who had replied!

i will hold onto paying the fines until day 12 and put it into my calendar. if anybody thinks they need extra information about the situation etc, im willing to provide if you can help me out of this but if nobody has any strong points to argue with this company, i guess ill surrender. (
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Oct 16, 10:27 AM
    • 10,960 Posts
    • 16,354 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    No one here will tell you to pay this. You will be funding some fat-cat's next holiday, their new flash motor or another pony for darling daughter to ride at the next village gymkhana.

It also perpetuates the scam and maybe the next victim won't have the funds to pay the charge - after all for some pensioners this is a week's food. If everyone refused to pay, the scam would be over in no time.

If you decide to ignore this, in view of the likely peripatetic nature of your work, you would need to update the PPC of your latest address (for the next 6 years) in case they surprisingly became litigious and papers were served at an address you'd already left. A default CCJ which would damage creditworthiness has been served on many motorists (by other PPCs) who have not updated them with new addresses.

Outside of this PCN, you need to inform the DVLA speedily of every change of address - this needs to be done for your driver licence and, separately, for your V5C (logbook) otherwise you are looking at a real fine - up to £1,000.

Good luck with your studies - whether you pay this outfit £60 or not, you've still got those 1,000 pages of medical books to read!

As you're clearly in 'learning mode', learn from this experience, read private parking signs very carefully before deciding to stay in the car park, where possible, avoid any car park operated by a PPC - and write to the retailer to tell them why you will not patronise their store.

Tell all your work colleagues about the nature of this scam - and how they can avoid getting into the clutches of the private parking skimdustry.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 09-10-2016 at 10:31 AM.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 9th Oct 16, 10:53 AM
    • 2,240 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    have you looked at appealing to the land owner / landlord yet ?

this is the only likely way to actually sort this out now ........

as allready said we do not advise paying .....

so please concider ...

This is a campaign of asking people to keep sending Theresa May actual hard copies of the trash they've been deluged with. Let her advisers' desks overflow with annoying paperwork re PPCs.

No emails, all letters from genuine people pouring their hearts out. Write to your MP as well as Mrs May:

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211923909-Why-not-write-to-your-MP

The more the better, write it yourself if you are able and enclose copies of the threatograms and rubbish thrown at you.

Do not do this by email - make your paperwork land with a thump on desks, just like it all landed in a very unwelcome way on your doormat.

Apparently the DCLG are looking to make an announcement before the year end so let's make MP's and Mrs May aware that action needs to be strong. You can be sure that the BPA and IPC suits are lobbying Parliament and meeting their friends in suits.

So let the consumers' voices be heard.

thanks

and

good luck

Ralph
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Oct 16, 1:25 PM
    • 40,372 Posts
    • 52,244 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

since the recent change of this company to IPC, im quite inclined to pay £60 due to hassle of this problem is no way worse than studying 1000pages of medical books. lol.

is that fair? ((
    Have to say no, it's not fair. You did ask!

Having come here and got advice, found out that this company have no suing history, and merely coming up with the fact you might move in the future as a 'problem' (very easily overcome*) if you pay now you have been mugged but this doesn't just affect you.

People who pay this nasty industry, fund the next PCNs against little old ladies or vulnerable families. You are supporting the scam if you pay - they make no money without idiots and victims paying. You are an intelligent person who can see the bigger picture here and sniff out a scam when you see one.

If you are happy to join them and sponsor them with money, rather than simply ignore them then no, in my book that's not fair. Look, here is a new forum poster who is more than up for ignoring for years or 'playing a bit of email tennis' and his is an IPC firm who ARE litigious:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5538295

Is he paying 'because there is no appeal and wah! it's easier to pay'? Nope. I'm horrified that YOU are thinking that, despite 'your' PPC being tame!

Why not fight back by writing to Mrs May and your MP, as we are encouraging, to get this industry's wings clipped at least:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754

HTH

* we simply warn anyone with any uncancelled PCN to make sure they write to the PPC/debt collector giving their new address if the person moves house. Keep proof, job done. Simples. That way all letters come to you.

It's not difficult to ignore this trashy letter chain - what do you think we all did before appeals like POPLA existed in 2012? I've ignored five or six myself (lost count, laughed at all the debt collector letters). The sky did not fall in and if I'd got a claim I'd have defended it, still not a big deal (I work in a school and have a clear DBS, of course unaffected by dross like this even if it had happened, which no claim ever did).
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 09-10-2016 at 2:03 PM.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.

• toshiba12345
    • By toshiba12345 9th Oct 16, 10:55 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    toshiba12345
    If you decide to ignore this, in view of the likely peripatetic nature of your work, you would need to update the PPC of your latest address (for the next 6 years) in case they surprisingly became litigious and papers were served at an address you'd already left. A default CCJ which would damage creditworthiness has been served on many motorists (by other PPCs) who have not updated them with new addresses.
    how do you tell the PPC that i change address?

have you looked at appealing to the land owner / landlord yet ?

this is the only likely way to actually sort this out now ........

as allready said we do not advise paying .....

so please concider ...
    Do you by any chance have a template to email the retailer/owner of the land? Language is not my strong suit so any help for this would be very much appreciated!

This is a campaign of asking people to keep sending Theresa May actual hard copies of the trash they've been deluged with. Let her advisers' desks overflow with annoying paperwork re PPCs.

No emails, all letters from genuine people pouring their hearts out. Write to your MP as well as Mrs May:

The more the better, write it yourself if you are able and enclose copies of the threatograms and rubbish thrown at you.

Do not do this by email - make your paperwork land with a thump on desks, just like it all landed in a very unwelcome way on your doormat.

Apparently the DCLG are looking to make an announcement before the year end so let's make MP's and Mrs May aware that action needs to be strong. You can be sure that the BPA and IPC suits are lobbying Parliament and meeting their friends in suits.

So let the consumers' voices be heard.
    I have sent this through email. Will do one through proper post if i can get someone to help me with the template. Here is a short version of mine. LOL.

Dear Lilian Greenwood,

PRIVATE PARKING TICKETS ACTION NEEDED NOW!

I have very much limited knowledge about the private parking company scam that is allowed by the government. I wish I could do more but by writing to you I would like you to take actions to prevent elderlies, vulnerable groups and students to be scammed by this company. If these companies are allowed to exist, they will not only hurt the vulnerable groups but will use these dirty money to fund their own holiday and expenses.

I would ask you to use your influence to highlight the urgency of this with the Minister concerned, and/or the Prime Minister, to ensure that the Government acts, and is seen to act, to redress the imbalance of the current situation.

Also guys, here is the link for their companys history. I dont know much about assets etc but i dont think they have enough funds to pursue in court do they? Try checking the tax exemption file.

company/06769370/filing-history

Thanks guys for the help. If I could get similar support in the next few weeks then im willing to fight this which im sure you guys will do!

Thanks again!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Oct 16, 12:20 AM
    • 40,372 Posts
    • 52,244 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Just email or write a letter and keep proof of sending. Easy.

Do you by any chance have a template to email the retailer/owner of the land? Language is not my strong suit so any help for this would be very much appreciated!
    Have a look at the hundreds of cases here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

Several of them show their complaint wording. They ALL succeeded.

• toshiba12345
    • By toshiba12345 10th Oct 16, 6:04 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    toshiba12345
    i didnt manage to find any complaint wording though. there were loads of threads and i wasnt able to check EVERY THREADS. lol. that will take ages. i created a simple complaint message through their facebook. will see how it goes.

i wish someone could make a template for people to use in the newbies section? that would be very helpful.

thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Oct 16, 7:00 PM
    • 40,372 Posts
    • 52,244 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I will absolutely never write a template complaint. That would be lazy and would never make sense for all cases, and would lose its impact, obviously, once retailers and traders recognised it.

Glad to hear you did complain though.

If you pay up after all this, please kindly don't come back and tell us. We seriously do not want to know, it would be that despicable to pay a parking firm in these circumstances, supporting their next PCNs and funding them, after getting bespoke MSE advice about a firm who are not likely to ever do anything more scary than send letters.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 10-10-2016 at 7:03 PM.

• nicechap
    • By nicechap 10th Oct 16, 7:26 PM
    • 601 Posts
    • 1,602 Thanks
    nicechap

I have sent this through email. Will do one through proper post if i can get someone to help me with the template. Here is a short version of mine. LOL.

Also guys, here is the link for their companys history. I dont know much about assets etc but i dont think they have enough funds to pursue in court do they? Try checking the tax exemption file.

company/06769370/filing-history

Thanks guys for the help. If I could get similar support in the next few weeks then im willing to fight this which im sure you guys will do!

Thanks again!

How did you get into medical school and how do you expect to pass your exams let alone write up a patient's history?
    Quote was right and saw into the future.
    • toshiba12345
    • By toshiba12345 10th Oct 16, 9:41 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    toshiba12345
    How did you get into medical school and how do you expect to pass your exams let alone write up a patient's history?
    Originally posted by nicechap
    well patients history is a bit bullet points and dont require much grammar. as long as doctors can comprehend the points that would suffice. have you ever seen how patients note are written? i dont think normal(non medical) people could understand. even the abbreviations could take ages to get use to. even the nurses sometimes struggle. not just because of the bad hand writing but sometimes they are written just the sake of medico-legal cases if they do happen.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Oct 16, 9:47 PM
    • 10,960 Posts
    • 16,354 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    well patients history is a bit bullet points and dont require much grammar. as long as doctors can comprehend the points that would suffice. have you ever seen how patients note are written? i dont think normal(non medical) people could understand. even the abbreviations could take ages to get use to. even the nurses sometimes struggle. not just because of the bad hand writing but sometimes they are written just the sake of medico-legal cases if they do happen.
    That fills me with confidence.

Hopefully the Doctor's handwriting is not so bad as to misread DNA for DNR

• toshiba12345
    • By toshiba12345 12th Oct 16, 11:21 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    toshiba12345
    I'm afraid our contract with the parking company does not allow us to cancel tickets on customer's behalf. If you wish to contend the fine then you will need to follow the directions given on the back of the ticket.

If you were using the centre at the time you received the ticket, then the parking company may contact us to confirm that fact.
    thats what they replied. is it okay if i just say i was checking out the surrounding area around the centre?
    Last edited by toshiba12345; 13-10-2016 at 5:29 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

323Posts Today

1,096Users online

Martin's Twitter