Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ferry
    • By ferry 8th Oct 16, 8:33 PM
    • 1,516Posts
    • 226Thanks
    ferry
    cancelled Sky BB & calls..still no deal from them
    • 8th Oct 16, 8:33 PM
    cancelled Sky BB & calls..still no deal from them 8th Oct 16 at 8:33 PM
    I cancelled my BB and calls with Sky couple weeks ago on cost so only couple weeks til shutdown..
    Not had any calls or emails from Sky to retain my custom and running out of time.
    We cant really be without our BB or calls so its decision time..do we sign up elsewhere, call Sky or hang in there...?

cheers
    Everything takes me 3 hours to post cos I'm using a BlackBerry Playbook
Page 1
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 8th Oct 16, 8:49 PM
    • 2,157 Posts
    • 17,234 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 8th Oct 16, 8:49 PM
    • 8th Oct 16, 8:49 PM
    It will probably take a couple of weeks to switch so if you leave it much longer you will have some downtime and if you phone line gets cut off you may be liable for a cease charge (around £30).

So whatever you do call Sky back and cancel the cancellation, then you should be able to switch trouble free.

Retentions deals for BB seem to be thin on the ground at the moment from all ISPs.

• ferry
    • By ferry 8th Oct 16, 9:43 PM
    • 1,516 Posts
    • 226 Thanks
    ferry
    • 8th Oct 16, 9:43 PM
    • 8th Oct 16, 9:43 PM
    Just been looking around the net for deals..
    Blimey is it me or has BB with line rental just got more expensive recently?

What in your expert opinions would be a good price for,say,. Fibre BB /LR/weekend calls?
    Last edited by ferry; 08-10-2016 at 10:01 PM.
    Everything takes me 3 hours to post cos I'm using a BlackBerry Playbook
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 8th Oct 16, 10:54 PM
    • 1,529 Posts
    • 397 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 8th Oct 16, 10:54 PM
    • 8th Oct 16, 10:54 PM
    Yes prices do seam to have gone up over the past few months.

You can probably get sky BB for £2.50 + LR

You can log into your account online, and select I want to leave because of cost and it will give you a deal. Normally this is done before cancelling.

How did you cancel? normally they offer you this
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 9th Oct 16, 1:25 AM
    • 5,789 Posts
    • 3,423 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 9th Oct 16, 1:25 AM
    • 9th Oct 16, 1:25 AM
    I've always got a good deal with Sky, until this time, even though tv was already cancelled and due to go off next week.

The best I got was free ADSL, which dropped to a just half price offer.

They couldn't beat PlusNet's price, which includes a £75 cheque from them (ie not via a cashback site, which cannot be used in conjunction with the offer) for ADSL or £50 for one of the fibre packages.

I was told that Sky are concentrating on tv and have little interest in phone etc (but an all inclusive pack offered was equivalent to full price tv with a small phone/bb reduction), so I am letting tv go and have moved internet and phone to PlusNet.

I ordered yesterday and the phone will transfer on 21st October (notification sent today)ie 9 working days from Monday (the promise being within 10 working days for a straightforward changeover)
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 9th Oct 16, 1:32 AM
    • 5,789 Posts
    • 3,423 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 9th Oct 16, 1:32 AM
    • 9th Oct 16, 1:32 AM
    Yes prices do seam to have gone up over the past few months.

You can probably get sky BB for £2.50 + LR

You can log into your account online, and select I want to leave because of cost and it will give you a deal. Normally this is done before cancelling.

How did you cancel? normally they offer you this
    Originally posted by AndyPK

Sky's free ADSL , line with no discount and Anytime Extra calls cost £25.40, whereas, considering the £75 cheque, paying line rental upfront and having the same calls package (caller display is an extra 99p, though) PlusNet is only £18.23.

Also, as the latter's line is paid in advance , there will be no increase in price, but Sky have not yet had an increase (which has been £1 for the last 3 years), so it's likely to be £26.40 compared to £18.23.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 9th Oct 16, 10:49 AM
    • 1,529 Posts
    • 397 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 9th Oct 16, 10:49 AM
    • 9th Oct 16, 10:49 AM
    No where did I say it was the cheapest.

The OP wanted to know what offer maybe forthcoming from sky.

And sometimes it just easier to stay somewhere.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 9th Oct 16, 1:34 PM
    • 5,789 Posts
    • 3,423 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 9th Oct 16, 1:34 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 1:34 PM
    No where did I say it was the cheapest.

The OP wanted to know what offer maybe forthcoming from sky.

And sometimes it just easier to stay somewhere.
    Originally posted by AndyPK
    I did not assume that you were saying it was cheap, but I was pointing out that they are in fact expensive, as they are not doing deals anywhere near the offer you suggest (unless you are a new customer).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

419Posts Today

2,783Users online

Martin's Twitter