Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • swingaloo
    • By swingaloo 8th Oct 16, 8:17 PM
    • 1,608Posts
    • 2,866Thanks
    swingaloo
    Why cant shopping be straight forward
    • 8th Oct 16, 8:17 PM
    Why cant shopping be straight forward 8th Oct 16 at 8:17 PM
    Yesterday tried to buy a fridge and freezer. Went to check out Currys and Argos.

Asked about delivery charge in Currys and was told it was free for the first item and £6 for the second. Chose the appliances and went to the till to order. I really wanted white but they only stocked them in silver so I decided to go with that. Delivery charge on the till came up at £26.99. Apparently the cheap delivery charges had 'just gone'. Told the lady that I would order from Argos next door then as the appliances were the same price and their delivery was £8.

Went to Argos and placed my order for the same items. When giving me the delivery date it seems that I can have one of the items within 5 days, the other would be mid November.

Came home, tried to order from Currys online and strangely enough the same items are available online in white and I could also get the £6 delivery charge rather than the £26.99 quoted in store.

As the information online was totally different to that I had been given in store I decided to also see what happened if I tried to order from Argos. The freezer turned out to be £10 cheaper than it was in store. Placed an order for both items and got a delivery days of next Wednesday for both, no mention of having to wait for one of them till mid November.

Cant understand with a system which is computerised that the information is totally different in store.
Page 1
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 8th Oct 16, 9:03 PM
    • 3,594 Posts
    • 7,071 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 8th Oct 16, 9:03 PM
    • 8th Oct 16, 9:03 PM
    Quite often the online and in store branches of a company are run completely separately. Different stock and different policies.
    Suvery Earnings 2016 - £188
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 9th Oct 16, 2:01 AM
    • 5,819 Posts
    • 3,433 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 9th Oct 16, 2:01 AM
    • 9th Oct 16, 2:01 AM
    Comet used to have a much cheaper online service, under a different name. The prices can be cheaper as a vast warehouse with few staff (especially in sales) saves money.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,687Posts Today

8,546Users online

Martin's Twitter