Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stingray 316
    • By stingray 316 8th Oct 16, 7:31 PM
    • 284Posts
    • 4Thanks
    stingray 316
    Mobile storage for iphone
    • 8th Oct 16, 7:31 PM
    Mobile storage for iphone 8th Oct 16 at 7:31 PM
    l understand there are now many storage apps for mobile phones,
    but could someone tell me which one is the best for a good free storage limit to download photos and videos onto.

l have a iphone 5 and do have icloud but lve never got on with it,
    l dont understand how to use it , what l have in the icloud and how to get the photo/videos out off lcloud so l can put them on a usb stick.
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 8th Oct 16, 7:55 PM
    • 27,762 Posts
    • 17,531 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 8th Oct 16, 7:55 PM
    • 8th Oct 16, 7:55 PM
    l understand there are now many storage apps for mobile phones,
    but could someone tell me which one is the best for a good free storage limit to download photos and videos onto.

l have a iphone 5 and do have icloud but lve never got on with it,
    l dont understand how to use it , what l have in the icloud and how to get the photo/videos out off lcloud so l can put them on a usb stick.
    Originally posted by stingray 316
    Id look at how to use iCloud since you have photos etc stored there.

With not having used iCloud i cant direct you but im sure theres a guide on the internet on how to use it or a youtube video.

If its anything like google drive, dropbox or one drive you open the app and select what you want to upload and choose upload.

To download you choose to download the photo.

To view what you have stored use the iCloud app to view them.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • Frozen_up_north
    • By Frozen_up_north 9th Oct 16, 8:29 AM
    • 676 Posts
    • 261 Thanks
    Frozen_up_north
    • 9th Oct 16, 8:29 AM
    • 9th Oct 16, 8:29 AM
    When I am on holiday I often e-mail my better pictures to friends, they are available to me in the "sent" folder in my gmail account. Each free gmail account comes with 15 GB of storage and you can have several. In gmail you can create as many folders and sub folders as you like...

I'm sure there are better solutions (Drop box? Etc), but I like the simplicity of gmail and I tend to send pictures to friends anyway...
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 9th Oct 16, 10:02 AM
    • 1,714 Posts
    • 691 Thanks
    20aday
    • 9th Oct 16, 10:02 AM
    • 9th Oct 16, 10:02 AM
    OP here's some more information on iCloud (via Apple U.K):

http://www.apple.com/uk/icloud/

I have one these myself (it was reduced to clear at the Tesco where I work a few months back):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Connect-Wireless-Stick-128/dp/B00ZCFYT5K?th=1
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your account conduct and credit history.
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 9th Oct 16, 10:06 AM
    • 3,717 Posts
    • 2,575 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 9th Oct 16, 10:06 AM
    • 9th Oct 16, 10:06 AM
    want your photos from icloud, go to www.icloud.com and log in and download
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,626Posts Today

7,515Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @c_newbery: @MartinSLewis Can't bring myself to vote for option A because of lack of apostrophe - some things are too precious! #grammar?

• MSE weekly email: Soap&Glory, Urgent 2YR cheap energy, free Tesco pts, cheap Easyjet, free TSB £100, £52 Ray-Bans https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's twitter poll: Is it acceptable to use bad grammar in tweets in order to reduce character length?

• Follow Martin