Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cally89
    • By Cally89 8th Oct 16, 10:05 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Cally89
    No progress on house sale
    • 8th Oct 16, 10:05 AM
    No progress on house sale 8th Oct 16 at 10:05 AM
    Hi,

I was wondering what others would do in our situation

We agreed the sale of our house 3 weeks ago (no chain) to someone who said they only required a 1/3 of the funds from a mortgage, had no chain themselves and wanted to move in October half term

Our solicitor sent all the paperwork within the first week but nothing has been done on their side

They messaged me last week to advise that their mortgage broker had been on holiday and hence no mortgage application yet been done but this would be done the following week

Another week and we don't hear anything so I chase them up. It now transpires that funds need to be released from an existing property they own and so the mortgage company will need to value that before doing the survey on ours! Again no dates for either
    They confirmed their solicitor has received the paperwork but it has not been passed onto them and so I assume no searches etc have been done either

Am I just being impatient or should I start to say we need to see some progress by X date or we readvertise
Page 1
    • eddddy
    • By eddddy 8th Oct 16, 10:37 AM
    • 3,842 Posts
    • 3,482 Thanks
    eddddy
    • 8th Oct 16, 10:37 AM
    • 8th Oct 16, 10:37 AM
    Do you have an EA progressing the sale? This is normally a big part of what you pay them for. What's the EA's opinion on how you should proceed?

Did the EA give you an assessment of how serious they seemed about buying initially?

Based on what you've said, I think you should certainly start thinking about re-marketing. They don't sound like serious buyers.
    Last edited by eddddy; 08-10-2016 at 10:39 AM.
    • Cally89
    • By Cally89 8th Oct 16, 10:49 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cally89
    • 8th Oct 16, 10:49 AM
    • 8th Oct 16, 10:49 AM
    Thanks for the reply

Unfortunately for us now we used an online estate agent so post sale progression is non existent!

We showed her round on the Saturday and she arranged to come back on the Sunday with family so seemed keen. Offer was accepted on the Monday morning

We were thinking we need to see some progress by end of next week such as valuation booked it searches done. I appreciate her mortgage broker has caused delay by being on holiday but there's no reason her solicitor couldn't have progressed everything else
    • marksoton
    • By marksoton 8th Oct 16, 10:58 AM
    • 16,320 Posts
    • 36,136 Thanks
    marksoton
    • 8th Oct 16, 10:58 AM
    • 8th Oct 16, 10:58 AM
    The initial target date was at best optimistic.

But it does sound like they're playing you around.
    Change the bloody locks!
    • Cally89
    • By Cally89 8th Oct 16, 11:04 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cally89
    • 8th Oct 16, 11:04 AM
    • 8th Oct 16, 11:04 AM
    Yeah October half term was unrealistic especially as we will be holiday which I explained before offer was accepted but I didn't think it would be delayed so much

Thanks for your reply, least it seems I'm right to be worried
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 9th Oct 16, 5:36 PM
    • 2,927 Posts
    • 1,688 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    • 9th Oct 16, 5:36 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 5:36 PM
    Sell it to someone else?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,124Posts Today

7,608Users online

Martin's Twitter