Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • negativepitch
    • By negativepitch 8th Oct 16, 9:38 AM
    • 20Posts
    • 2Thanks
    negativepitch
    Rejecting car
    • 8th Oct 16, 9:38 AM
    Rejecting car 8th Oct 16 at 9:38 AM
    Sorry if this sounds a bit stupid.
    We bought a brand new 66 plate car from our local VW dealership on the 23 September.
    We have now got three problems with the car which showed up at the same time.
    We are booked in next Friday 14th for them to have a look, if the problems present themselves I am going to instruct them not to do anything as we want to reject the car instead.

Question one, if the problems do not present themselves but when they put it on test and it comes up with a fault code, can I still reject the car on this fault code showing alone.

Question 2 If we do reject the car and go for a refund, we part exchanged our old car and payed the remainder in cash. Do we get the full amount including the amount that we part exchanged the old car for. or would the refund be minus this.
    I would like to get things sorted before the first 30 days are up.
Page 2
    • negativepitch
    • By negativepitch 9th Oct 16, 6:40 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    negativepitch
    "one of the wing mirrors has started making a crunching sound, there is a motor sound in the dash that keeps going round and round as if trying to adjust something, the front air blower doesnt work when the aircon is switched on, an air bag warning has come up, all these in one day on a car costing £32000"

Most of that is trivial: I had a fan motor fail on a new Octavia in the first few weeks, and obviously once replaced it was fine. Mirrors (I presume you mean door, not wing) ditto. I'd be a lot more concerned about the airbag problem, however.

It all speaks to pretty shabby quality control, though: wasn't the thing PDI'd?
    Originally posted by securityguy
    The things only started the other day, and all one after each other in a matter of hours which was a bit strange or an uncanny coincidence .
    • negativepitch
    • By negativepitch 9th Oct 16, 6:52 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    negativepitch
    For the folks that suggest giving them a chance to sort the car.
    Theres no courtesy car available.
    And following the below list we are not giving the new car a chance to go through anything like this again.
    Our car before the current Tiguan (yes the one on the school tv advert)
    Once bitten and all that....

Nissan quashqai, over the two and a half years we had the car from new.
    A 14 reg plate from new.
    Dead faulty car battery, ‘system fault’ hill start assist would not release after having a new module fitted.
    Loud rattle in dash, from air ducting, part of the dash dash out again. mechanic said its the worst design he as ever come across, the air ducting is just free floating.
    Part of the dash out (for the third time) as something or another has come lose in it.
    Left hand side exhaust mount has completely snapped off, as I was collecting the car, as I pulled off from the dealer, the rear seatbelt warning light would not go off, turn a round and straight back into dealer
    Something hitting the passenger window inside the door.
    Hill start assist failed for the third time, and needed a new module fitted.
    Longest the car was in was for 2 weeks.
    From front trim falling completely off or the plastic chrome around the windows discolouring and replaced to having the small info screen (the one that sits in the middle if the speedo/revs) replaced twice.
    New wing mirror twice) first replacement was scratched..well..small chip which they did apologise for replaced it for a used one. Eventually replaced it for a new one. (I think they thought I would not have noticed it).
    Faulty front sensor recall, the sensors pick up heavy rain and mistake it to set off the city brake alarm. no full fix by nissan, as they are still working on it.
    Interior trim panel in boot warp causing it to pop out of its mounting clips by two inches.
    Loud chinking sound in drivers door which turned out to be a lose part on the anti theft device in the door.
    Auto head lights staying on all the time, had to turn them off manually until fixed, part of the 2 week stay with nissan.
    Left hand gas strut on the boot failed.
    Mudflaps fitted, missed two mounting screws.
    Drivers window dropping slightly after a few miles on rough-ish roads.
    Rattle from air vents, common problem, well documented, no fix on the first production cars.
    Ive had a vibration noise from day one, that they cant seem to locate. not mechanical, but loud when pulling off from cold on an incline.
    Hill start assist packed in, part of the 2 week stay.
    A bolt holding part of the aircon ducting in the engine bay sheer off.
    other small bits and bobs, door sill guards both scratched when installing.
    Rear seat arm rest stopped fully pulling down.
    Steering making a groaning noise, it was a plastic collet that is used needing lubricating. (well documented)
    Air con has just packed in all together. (they tried re-gassing it)
    Other small stuff that I cannot quite remember.
    Something loose in the dash but couldnt be bothered as we were trading it in anyway.
    Last edited by negativepitch; 09-10-2016 at 7:30 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,911Posts Today

6,223Users online

Martin's Twitter