Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• Mr.Generous
    • By Mr.Generous 8th Oct 16, 9:19 AM
    • 555Posts
    • 562Thanks
    M&S card free £50 hassle
    • 8th Oct 16, 9:19 AM
    M&S card free £50 hassle 8th Oct 16 at 9:19 AM
    After seeing the link on good old MSE wife and I applied for an M&S credit card each to take advantage of the £25 voucher.

Here we are couple of weeks later, both have the cards, both activated, both spent a couple £ to test them and the vouchers arrived by email.

I printed mine off wife had hers on smart phone email. The conditions on the voucher are ok, nothing restrictive. Off we head to shop yesterday evening as they have the dine in For £10 deal and the 3 for £10 on various ready meals.

Filled a basket each and headed for the till. Wife went first and voucher couldn't be accepted by the till. Operator read conditions, agreed it should work and called supervisor. Same thing from her. They laid away transaction and scanned my basket. Same thing happened.

We were taken to customer service desk while they tried to resolve it, luckily no one had queued behind us or I would have been too embarrassed to continue and just offered full payment.

After phoning M&S bank and someone who had same problem a couple of weeks age they ended up putting it through till as a £25 gift voucher or something.

Interesting from a MSE point of view, my till reciept was £40+ something, then the deductions for the deals took it down to £28, then the voucher down to £3. So all in all quite happy. I'd have been very happy if the voucher code had worked at the till, but hey ho.

Wife's basket was similar £43, down to £30 less the voucher so another great saving.

Chinese M&S meals for 2 last night, I'm going to sample the pizza tonight.

Thanks to whoever highlighted the voucher offer !!
Page 1
    • organic wanabe
    • By organic wanabe 10th Oct 16, 10:26 PM
    • 795 Posts
    • 754 Thanks
    organic wanabe
    • 10th Oct 16, 10:26 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 10:26 PM
    My son had exactly the same problem at the weekend. Such a shame that M&S Bank do not communicate with the M&S stores when they offer this type of incentive.

My husband applied at the same time as my son and activated his M&S Credit Card around the same time. However, no voucher has been forthcoming for him. Does anyone know whether that could be because he already had an M&S credit card on my account?
    • Gary1963
    • By Gary1963 12th Oct 16, 3:07 AM
    • 156 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    • 12th Oct 16, 3:07 AM
    • 12th Oct 16, 3:07 AM
    They have to put the voucher code in manually before they press pay.

The online code works as a promotional code.

You may even find that they both work!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,554Posts Today

6,193Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just changed my profile description. Wish I was cool and brave enough to go for one of those really short ones!

• Happy with my 15k time today, one of my fastest 1:18:56. Managing to keep up my 150k a month target.

• That's why I'm asking question. To see whether people perceive they are or aren't.

• Follow Martin