Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• lloydstsbstolemylife
    • By lloydstsbstolemylife 7th Oct 16, 3:17 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 9Thanks
    Please help LIDL's Athena ANPR Ltd civil Parking Notice £180!!!
    • 7th Oct 16, 3:17 PM
    Please help LIDL's Athena ANPR Ltd civil Parking Notice £180!!! 7th Oct 16 at 3:17 PM
    Hello, please help my mother and I. My mother needed help to get her shopping as she is old and has health problems and is a blue badge holder, registered disabled. We have both received civil parking notices to the tune of £180, (£90 each). After complaining to Lidl's they have emailed me the following reply and im not sure what to does the letter states we dont have much time left, lnotice sent to us is issued on the 29th, from our shop on the 27th., my mother is considerably upset as this is a lot of money, the whole point of going to Lidls is to save money. Anyways this is what they sent me.

Dear xxxxxxxxx

Re: Parking Charge

Thank you for contacting us regarding the above.

Lidl UK GmbH is a national retailer. As such, we have stores in locations with limited parking space and in common with many of our competitors, our store car parks are abused to a significant and detrimental extent. We have therefore judged it necessary to take measures so that our stores parking facilities are available first and foremost to our customers.

In order to ensure that sufficient parking spaces are available at all times to our customers, Lidl employs third party contractors to monitor and control many of our car parks.

The 10 minute period you refer to is for non-customers ie taxi drivers who are only dropping off/picking up in the car park. In order to obtain the allowed parking time you must register your vehicle details in store, instructions on how to do this are displayed on the signs in our car park.

To enable us to assist, can you please send us the following:

∑ Permission to pass your details to our Car Park Management Company for appeal*

∑ A receipt, this may be for the date of the contravention or prior visits

∑ The Parking Charge Notice Number

∑ Your Vehicle Registration Number

* In order to quickly resolve your request, we would like to pass your details to our Car Park Management Company so they can get in touch with you directly regarding your appeal. As the company who manage our car park, they will be able to assist you further with this. For Data Protection reasons, we need your permission to do this. Please let us know if you agree with the transfer of your details?

Please send these details direct to the address below, quoting your reference or reply directly to this email (without deleting the subject line):

Customer Service Department
    Lidl UK
    Tailend Farm
    Deans Road
    EH54 8SE

We hope that we can bring this matter to a speedy conclusion. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Yours sincerely,
    For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

Danielle Shankland
    Customer Service

[T] + 44 (0) 370 444 1234 / 0800 977 7766

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. For more information on our
    #LidlSurprises advertising campaign visit

I'm hoping someone can help us.

Page 4
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Oct 16, 9:08 PM
    • 10,506 Posts
    • 15,628 Thanks
    hello folks,

I am in similar problem of parking tickets, i was parking in a shopping mall area in a place near where i work because i am still processing my carpass, Unfortunately i have been slammed by parking tickets for overstaying from Horizon Parking, bad enough my mrs have provided my details as the vehicle is in her name and she was very scared,The major issue is i work in Bristol while our permanent address is in Preston, Very good important message was that it was not a sticking message but a camera at the site records when you come in and when you leave. Honestly i dont know how to handle this, i am not too sure whether to follow Alehazi and Coupon-Mad advice. Please you guys should help me. I saw a favourable decision by Eileen Ioannou(Assessor Name)Please how should i handle this. I am shouting for help from forum members.
    Originally posted by kayola
    This thread is about Lidl and Athena Parking. It has nothing to do with Horizon Parking. The forum has a rule of 'One Issue, One Thread'.

You first need to calm down and read the newbies FAQ sticky which is located near the top of the forum thread list, one page back from here. It contains all the information you need to handle this PCN for yourself. At this early stage you need read only list #1 of the sticky, and refer to post #2 for acronym explanation.

You will need to do research and put in your own effort to deal with this. Your first post gives the impression that you expect someone here to deal with it for you. Won't happen, I'm afraid - far too many cases 24/7/365.

Please start a new thread should there be something in the sticky you don't understand. No more inputs on this thread please.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

104Posts Today

2,194Users online

Martin's Twitter