Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lloydstsbstolemylife
    • By lloydstsbstolemylife 7th Oct 16, 3:17 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 9Thanks
    lloydstsbstolemylife
    Please help LIDL's Athena ANPR Ltd civil Parking Notice 180!!!
    • 7th Oct 16, 3:17 PM
    Please help LIDL's Athena ANPR Ltd civil Parking Notice 180!!! 7th Oct 16 at 3:17 PM
    Hello, please help my mother and I. My mother needed help to get her shopping as she is old and has health problems and is a blue badge holder, registered disabled. We have both received civil parking notices to the tune of 180, (90 each). After complaining to Lidl's they have emailed me the following reply and im not sure what to does the letter states we dont have much time left, lnotice sent to us is issued on the 29th, from our shop on the 27th., my mother is considerably upset as this is a lot of money, the whole point of going to Lidls is to save money. Anyways this is what they sent me.

Dear xxxxxxxxx

Re: Parking Charge

Thank you for contacting us regarding the above.

Lidl UK GmbH is a national retailer. As such, we have stores in locations with limited parking space and in common with many of our competitors, our store car parks are abused to a significant and detrimental extent. We have therefore judged it necessary to take measures so that our stores parking facilities are available first and foremost to our customers.

In order to ensure that sufficient parking spaces are available at all times to our customers, Lidl employs third party contractors to monitor and control many of our car parks.

The 10 minute period you refer to is for non-customers ie taxi drivers who are only dropping off/picking up in the car park. In order to obtain the allowed parking time you must register your vehicle details in store, instructions on how to do this are displayed on the signs in our car park.

To enable us to assist, can you please send us the following:

Permission to pass your details to our Car Park Management Company for appeal*

A receipt, this may be for the date of the contravention or prior visits

The Parking Charge Notice Number

Your Vehicle Registration Number

* In order to quickly resolve your request, we would like to pass your details to our Car Park Management Company so they can get in touch with you directly regarding your appeal. As the company who manage our car park, they will be able to assist you further with this. For Data Protection reasons, we need your permission to do this. Please let us know if you agree with the transfer of your details?

Please send these details direct to the address below, quoting your reference or reply directly to this email (without deleting the subject line):

Customer Service Department
    Lidl UK
    Tailend Farm
    Deans Road
    Livingston
    EH54 8SE

We hope that we can bring this matter to a speedy conclusion. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Yours sincerely,
    For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

Danielle Shankland
    Customer Service

[T] + 44 (0) 370 444 1234 / 0800 977 7766
    [E] customer.services@lidl.co.uk

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. For more information on our
    #LidlSurprises advertising campaign visit lidl.co.uk/surprises

I'm hoping someone can help us.

Thanks
Page 3
    • lloydstsbstolemylife
    • By lloydstsbstolemylife 8th Oct 16, 9:21 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    lloydstsbstolemylife
    well it seems to have been sent ok to Chris.Hartnagel@lid.co.uk

win?
    • lloydstsbstolemylife
    • By lloydstsbstolemylife 8th Oct 16, 9:24 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    lloydstsbstolemylife
    seems to have worked, hasn't come back yet, Chris.Hartnagel@lidl.co.uk

Lets hope this works, will keep this thread updated.
    • DollyDee
    • By DollyDee 8th Oct 16, 9:26 PM
    • 621 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    DollyDee
    Laura Johnston
    Customer Service Management
    customer.services@lidl.co.uk

From reading previous posts I believe Ronny passed all the parking complaints on to Laura. Email customer services again. In the subject line put "FOR THE ATTENTION OF LAURA JOHNSTON and include both PCN numbers and Reg Nos.

ETA : cross posted again.
    • DollyDee
    • By DollyDee 8th Oct 16, 9:28 PM
    • 621 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    DollyDee
    well it seems to have been sent ok to Chris.Hartnagel@lid.co.uk

win?
    Originally posted by lloydstsbstolemylife
    There's an "l" missing off lidl in that post but the next post is correct.
    • lloydstsbstolemylife
    • By lloydstsbstolemylife 8th Oct 16, 9:31 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    lloydstsbstolemylife
    i double checked and the email is ok ^^. thanks for letting me know tho.
    • DollyDee
    • By DollyDee 8th Oct 16, 9:34 PM
    • 621 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    DollyDee
    Hope it get's sorted for you and your Mum. Fingers crossed.

Stupid, sodding, jumped up private parking companies!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Oct 16, 10:04 PM
    • 10,971 Posts
    • 16,372 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Hope it get's sorted for you and your Mum. Fingers crossed.

Stupid, sodding, jumped up private parking companies!
    Originally posted by DollyDee
    But in this case, Lidl creams off the greatest part of the penalty payment, with Athena waiting under the table for the scraps, relating to their work for the administration of the fine.

Pretty despicable arrangement.

Lidl customers, be very aware!
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 08-10-2016 at 10:06 PM.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • lloydstsbstolemylife
    • By lloydstsbstolemylife 9th Oct 16, 12:41 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    lloydstsbstolemylife
    chris.hartnagel@lidl.co.uk has finally come back, no address found, dammit. Looks like I will have to send this to the Customer Service, laura Johnston.
    • DollyDee
    • By DollyDee 9th Oct 16, 7:24 AM
    • 621 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    DollyDee
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37318792

As the former CEO's email address was Ronny.Gottschlich@lidl.co.uk the new CEO's email address should be Christian.Hartnagel@lidl.co.uk if it follows the same format.
    Originally posted by DollyDee
    I've just checked the Lidl UK complaints website and it is still stating Ronny Gottschlich as CEO. Try his email address as quoted above. Might work.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Oct 16, 1:18 PM
    • 40,408 Posts
    • 52,295 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I would not have put a dot after 'chris' as that didn't follow the 'ronny' example.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 9th Oct 16, 3:04 PM
    • 9,465 Posts
    • 8,232 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    In your letter, you wrote
    "Imagine therefore our distress when, a few days later we each received two parking charge notices for the time
    spent in your store car park to a sum of 180. Is this the way that you treat all of your disabled customers?

Up until now we have appreciated the help that you have offered to us, but this action is both out of character for your company and completely unacceptable."

Prior to the recipient receiving your letter, is there any evidence that the company knew of your mother's disability? If not, then how were they to know that the person occupying the disabled space was not 100% able bodied??

As I wrote earlier, your approach is, at this stage, inappropriate. It would be entirely appropriate if, after informing Lidl of your mother's mobility issues, they turned you down and you chose to follow it up, but your indignation at this stage is premature.

They appear to have, on the face of it, offered to intercede and you are throwing it back in their face. There is a time to get all "I know my rights" but it is not when the people that can help are offering to do just that.

If you and others can't see that, then something is wrong.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Oct 16, 3:43 PM
    • 40,408 Posts
    • 52,295 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Prior to the recipient receiving your letter, is there any evidence that the company knew of your mother's disability? If not, then how were they to know that the person occupying the disabled space was not 100% able bodied??
    But Guy's Dad, they (service providers and traders) do not need to know about individuals to be discriminating.

A service provider MUST make reasonable adjustments to policies (including time limits) in advance, in anticipation of the need of disabled people 'at large'. That's what 'indirect' discrimination is all about and it's why policies need to pay regard to equality issues.

Indirect discrimination occurs when an organisation's practices, policies or procedures have the effect of disadvantaging people who share certain protected characteristics.

Indirect discrimination may not be unlawful if an employer can show a 'proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim' but the service provider would have to have solid evidence to show it was proportionate and that the needs of the disabled (slower) population at large had been considered in advance, when the policy was formulated.

A PPC will not be able to show that because they will have imposed the time limit for profit.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.

• lloydstsbstolemylife
    • By lloydstsbstolemylife 9th Oct 16, 6:25 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    lloydstsbstolemylife
    Lidls have not offered to intercede and help, they have sent me a email saying they want info, proof of various things and my permission to appeal to their Car Park Management company...which im assuming is Athena, they just want to get me to appeal.

All email addresses to Ronny Gottschlich have got a full stop after his first name. They just haven't updated any of the email systems.

why all the contradicting advice?

I really want to get this right, not for myself but for my mother, she cant take things like this, if it was me I would just ignore it and tell them to come get it, as I have done with Lloystsb, but this time it involves my mother so I can't. So you can understand why I want to make sure I get everything correct.
    Last edited by lloydstsbstolemylife; 09-10-2016 at 6:33 PM.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 9th Oct 16, 6:44 PM
    • 9,465 Posts
    • 8,232 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    But Guy's Dad, they (service providers and traders) do not need to know about individuals to be discriminating.

A service provider MUST make reasonable adjustments to policies (including time limits) in advance, in anticipation of the need of disabled people 'at large'. That's what 'indirect' discrimination is all about and it's why policies need to pay regard to equality issues.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Your argument fails because in order to make a provision in advance for disabled drivers to have additional time over able-bodied, they have to extend the parking time for all drivers to a period that would suit all. And even then, if a disabled driver took longer than that, there would be complaints. So the logical extrapolation would be 24-hour unrestricted parking.

Or there could be a way whereby disabled drivers could give their Reg Numbers to customer services. But would that not be, so some people, discriminatory?

I am not making any arguments for or against disabled driving provisions on this thread. Others are better informed that I am on that issue.

My point was a simple one - if you have an offer to intercede, however wrong you feel the reasons were you got ticketed, that ain't the time to bite the hand that potentially offers to feed you. Do that, with your solutions to make things better, after you get the ticket cancelled.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 9th Oct 16, 6:50 PM
    • 9,465 Posts
    • 8,232 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    Lidls have not offered to intercede and help, they have sent me a email saying they want info, proof of various things and my permission to appeal to their Car Park Management company...which im assuming is Athena, they just want to get me to appeal..
    You need to understand that Lidl themselves can not cancel your ticket. Your charge is from the PPC and only they can cancel the charge. Lidl can instruct them to do so but they need to have the details they have asked for to confirm what you say and to provide a NtK reference to the PPC.

You have nothing to lose at this stage by going along with the Lidl request and doing so in a way that doesn't pi$$ them off.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Oct 16, 6:58 PM
    • 40,408 Posts
    • 52,295 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    There is no conflicting advice!

We have all told you to complain to Lidl...just complain to Lidl then on the one email that you know is working, and supply your proof of shopping, Blue Badge, etc. Give them what they are asking for but don't call it an ''appeal''...this is like pulling teeth. Everyone else manages to get their Lidl PCNs cancelled easily, and so will you.

there could be a way whereby disabled drivers could give their Reg Numbers to customer services. But would that not be, so some people, discriminatory?
    That's exactly the sort of thing that IS required under the Act. Something like that would be taking positive steps and indeed, 'positive discrimination' in favour of disabled people is sometimes needed.

That was shown in the cases DMUK took further, where Norwich and Lincoln Councils had to change their rules in favour (positively discriminating) for disabled people, to avoid a court case.

• lloydstsbstolemylife
    • By lloydstsbstolemylife 16th Oct 16, 5:53 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    lloydstsbstolemylife
    win!
    This is the response i received from Lidl's.

Dear Mr Walker

Re: Your Contact

Thank you for taking the time to contact our CEO. I have been asked to respond to you on his behalf.

As you are probably aware, Lidl UK GmbH is a national retailer. As such, we have stores in locations with limited parking space and in common with many of our competitors, our store car parks are abused to a significant and detrimental extent. We have therefore judged it necessary to take measures so that our stores parking facilities are available first and foremost to our customers.

In order to ensure that sufficient parking spaces are available at all times to our customers, Lidl employs third party contractors to monitor and control our car parks. So far, this service has proved reliable and effective in reducing car park abuse and in freeing up spaces for our customers.

In light of your comments, on this one occasion, I have contacted Athena and have requested that these charges be cancelled and that you be added to our list of blue badge holders which will entitle you to three hours of free parking in this store. Please note, your comments regarding our parking restrictions have been noted and passed to the relevant department.

Yours sincerely,

Stephanie Hamilton
    Customer Services Management

Yay! thanks for all the help guys. Especially chrisotherwise regarding the letter i nicked from you. I'm so happy this has gone, just had my flat flooded from person upstairs so i needed this ^^
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 16th Oct 16, 6:41 PM
    • 8,861 Posts
    • 13,440 Thanks
    trisontana
    Perhaps you should ask Ms Hamilton if that "blue badge holder list" is publicised either in store or in car-park notices so that other people who want that extra time can be included on it. I bet it's not, so how can other disabled drivers know about it?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 16th Oct 16, 7:46 PM
    • 4,117 Posts
    • 4,725 Thanks
    beamerguy
    In order to ensure that sufficient parking spaces are available at all times to our customers, Lidl employs third party contractors to monitor and control our car parks. So far, this service has proved reliable and effective in reducing car park abuse and in freeing up spaces for our customers.

In light of your comments, on this one occasion, I have contacted Athena and have requested that these charges be cancelled and that you be added to our list of blue badge holders which will entitle you to three hours of free parking in this store. Please note, your comments regarding our parking restrictions have been noted and passed to the relevant department.

Yours sincerely,

Stephanie Hamilton
    Customer Services Management

Yay! thanks for all the help guys. Especially chrisotherwise regarding the letter i nicked from you. I'm so happy this has gone, just had my flat flooded from person upstairs so i needed this ^^
    Firstly well done

It makes me sick that these companies use the "this one occasion" utter rubbish .... clearly Stephanie Hamilton thinks you are a pleb ?

Clearly Stephanie Hamilton is the pleb for thinking you will ever shop at Lidl again.

But, hereby is a problem which myself and Pappa-golf on here debated today ..... IS LIDL THE PARKING VERMIN ????

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71461337#post71461337
    Last edited by beamerguy; 16-10-2016 at 8:21 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • kayola
    • By kayola 16th Oct 16, 8:49 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    kayola
    hello folks,

I am in similar problem of parking tickets, i was parking in a shopping mall area in a place near where i work because i am still processing my carpass, Unfortunately i have been slammed by parking tickets for overstaying from Horizon Parking, bad enough my mrs have provided my details as the vehicle is in her name and she was very scared,The major issue is i work in Bristol while our permanent address is in Preston, Very good important message was that it was not a sticking message but a camera at the site records when you come in and when you leave. Honestly i dont know how to handle this, i am not too sure whether to follow Alehazi and Coupon-Mad advice. Please you guys should help me. I saw a favourable decision by Eileen Ioannou(Assessor Name)Please how should i handle this. I am shouting for help from forum members.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,352Posts Today

6,710Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @speirin: @MartinSLewis now thats a blast from the past ???? https://t.co/5cSz1aNWFz

• Have you set the Betamax? Tonight 8pm ITV The Martin Lewis Money Show - if ur married, and/or got kids and/or get tax credits - a must watch

• On my way to @thismorning today "Is a shop telling you porkies" - how to tell your consumer rights from consumer wrongs...

• Follow Martin