Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• thetriggerhappypwner
    • By thetriggerhappypwner 7th Oct 16, 1:40 PM
    • 197Posts
    • 69Thanks
    TV Licensing.
    • 7th Oct 16, 1:40 PM
    TV Licensing. 7th Oct 16 at 1:40 PM
    First off, apologies in advance if this thread is in the wrong place.

I have been trying to contact TV Licensing to make my monthly payment on my licence "bribe" which I do every month and pay on my debit card to prove beyond doubt that I have paid should they try to prosecute me for non payment.

I have spoken to no less than 10 "front line staff" who were bullying, and threatening me in to telling them who I am and my personal info when I only deal with one specific manager (who I know by name and have a direct line for) but has now strangely refused to take my calls for being allegedly "abusive". Stating, what is a fact, that I am not obliged to provide any details to speak to a manager is not abusive, nor is quoting the Data Protection Act and the Human Rights Act 1998.

While writing this, I got a call from 01772832000 which has been reported to be Iqor, some kind of debt recovery company who I told on 2nd September 2010 in writing never to contact me again and that if they did, I would file a complaint with the police for harassment and seek a court injunction against them.

The problem there is that I call this manager when I pay my monthly installment on my licence. I do it every 2 weeks like clockwork, now all the sudden this. Now they demand that I contact them in writing. Why on earth would I send them my debit card details in writing? Are they stupid or just plain fraudsters and criminals?

I have now refused to pay my licence until I get what I am entitled to and not be threatened or bullied by someone on the phone hundreds of miles away in a completely different county. I just don't understand this or the reasons for it. It's almost as though they get some kind of twisted satisfaction out of purposely annoying people.

I shall leave it there otherwise I will end up ranting, and I don't want to do that here.
    Last edited by thetriggerhappypwner; 07-10-2016 at 1:48 PM.
Page 3
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 9th Oct 16, 1:01 AM
    • 8,581 Posts
    • 9,638 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    This is far from being a new problem for the OP and has been on going for at least 4 years.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

568Posts Today

4,968Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Morning. On way to @gmb for my 7:40 Deals of the Week; incl clock change warning, free £200, Brit Gas £200 off, railcard code, eurostar sale

• RT @Magwa61: @MartinSLewis thank you Sorry I thought it was you, conning sids ????????????????????????????????????

• No. It's NEVER the right way to switch energy. Please don't confused these 'moneyexpert' sales reps with my site mo?

• Follow Martin