Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 7th Oct 16, 11:41 AM
    • 11,584Posts
    • 37,928Thanks
    sarah1972
    Christmas Shop at BHS is open and 15% off until 11th Oct
    • 7th Oct 16, 11:41 AM
    Christmas Shop at BHS is open and 15% off until 11th Oct 7th Oct 16 at 11:41 AM
    15% Off of everything at BHS

Code here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71416992#post71416992

https://www.bhs.com/christmas/c/christmas?tp=i-H43-Ej-h-3HPv-1c-9CST-1c-1jw3-MRYnu&utm_campaign=christmas071016&utm_source=mktg eml&utm_medium=email&cid=43&mid=781939
    Last edited by sarah1972; 08-10-2016 at 8:23 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Freebies and Freebies (Low Spend) Board, discount codes 'n' vouchers and music moneysaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 1
    • CHRISSYG
    • By CHRISSYG 7th Oct 16, 5:25 PM
    • 5,467 Posts
    • 15,469 Thanks
    CHRISSYG
    • 7th Oct 16, 5:25 PM
    • 7th Oct 16, 5:25 PM
    This is BHS in name only !Nothing to do wirh the BHS of the past.
    • moonshine
    • By moonshine 7th Oct 16, 7:59 PM
    • 693 Posts
    • 1,318 Thanks
    moonshine
    • 7th Oct 16, 7:59 PM
    • 7th Oct 16, 7:59 PM
    but BHS don't exist any more

15% off until 11th Oct
    Originally posted by sarah1972

15% Off of everything at BHS ends tomorrow
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    that's contradictory, is it 15% off until Oct 11th (Tuesday) or tomorrow (Saturday 8th)? It can't be both
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 8th Oct 16, 8:22 AM
    • 11,584 Posts
    • 37,928 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 8th Oct 16, 8:22 AM
    • 8th Oct 16, 8:22 AM
    but BHS don't exist any more

that's contradictory, is it 15% off until Oct 11th (Tuesday) or tomorrow (Saturday 8th)? It can't be both
    Originally posted by moonshine
    BHS does exist again

valid til the 11th
    I'm a Board Guide on the Freebies and Freebies (Low Spend) Board, discount codes 'n' vouchers and music moneysaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 8th Oct 16, 8:26 AM
    • 11,584 Posts
    • 37,928 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 8th Oct 16, 8:26 AM
    • 8th Oct 16, 8:26 AM
    This is BHS in name only !Nothing to do wirh the BHS of the past.
    Originally posted by CHRISSYG
    Well they are using the old BHS facebook page and website and the products look very bhs to me but maybe what you say is true, I never said in my OP that it was anything to do with the old bhs.

Cant wait for the hampers which are coming out next week as I used to love a bhs hamper.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 8th Oct 16, 8:30 AM
    • 30,254 Posts
    • 35,815 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 8th Oct 16, 8:30 AM
    • 8th Oct 16, 8:30 AM
    must have got new stock from somewhere , the administrators sold on all BHS xmas stock on order to someone else while closing it down ?
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • fiscalfreckles
    • By fiscalfreckles 8th Oct 16, 9:26 AM
    • 2,349 Posts
    • 1,847 Thanks
    fiscalfreckles
    • 8th Oct 16, 9:26 AM
    They always said they were going to re-open online.
    • moonshine
    • By moonshine 8th Oct 16, 9:26 AM
    • 693 Posts
    • 1,318 Thanks
    moonshine
    so some upstart is trying to trade on the name and goodwill of the BHS brand, attempting to fool the public into thinking they are BHS. It just looks like a poor imitation of the previous BHS website to me.

Don't like underhand tactics like that.
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 8th Oct 16, 12:05 PM
    • 2,290 Posts
    • 4,926 Thanks
    The Last Username
    • 8th Oct 16, 12:05 PM
    • 8th Oct 16, 12:05 PM
    Yup, the online business was sold to a Qatari group:
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/30/bhs-administrators-sell-online-overseas-operations-al-mana-group-qatar
    "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
    Spike Milligan
    The internet can be a dangerous place. Be alert.
    There is an international shortage of lerts.
    • redfox
    • By redfox 8th Oct 16, 12:25 PM
    • 11,182 Posts
    • 32,694 Thanks
    redfox
    Yup, the online business was sold to a Qatari group
    Originally posted by The Last Username
    well they definitely need to sharpen up their act because they are not meeting many of the requirements of the E-commerce Regulations.

By law they need to have on the website:
    • business’ name and email addresses
    • company registration number
    • place of registration
    • registered office address
    • VAT registration number
    • geographic address and other contact details including email address
    • details of use of cookies as well as provide information on how you use cookies.
    • clear indication of whether prices include tax and delivery
    • details in writing about the supplier and the terms of the transaction
    • further information, including a notice of cancellation rights, the complaints procedure, after-sales services and guarantees
    to mention just a few.

It looks amateurish to me.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• williham
    • By williham 9th Oct 16, 10:17 AM
    • 1,144 Posts
    • 699 Thanks
    williham
    well they definitely need to sharpen up their act because they are not meeting many of the requirements of the E-commerce Regulations.

By law they need to have on the website:
    • business’ name and email addresses
    • company registration number
    • place of registration
    • registered office address
    • VAT registration number
    • geographic address and other contact details including email address
    • details of use of cookies as well as provide information on how you use cookies.
    • clear indication of whether prices include tax and delivery
    • details in writing about the supplier and the terms of the transaction
    • further information, including a notice of cancellation rights, the complaints procedure, after-sales services and guarantees
    to mention just a few.

It looks amateurish to me.
    Originally posted by redfox
    You mean like maybe what they have on their terms page?

https://www.bhs.com/terms
    • redfox
    • By redfox 9th Oct 16, 11:35 AM
    • 11,182 Posts
    • 32,694 Thanks
    redfox
    You mean like maybe what they have on their terms page?

https://www.bhs.com/terms
    Originally posted by williham
    good, nice to see that they have complied.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• 7roland8
    • By 7roland8 10th Oct 16, 10:36 AM
    • 3,493 Posts
    • 6,745 Thanks
    7roland8
    The original stock of BHS Christmasy biscuits and maybe other stuff was bought by Dunelm.
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

145Posts Today

3,350Users online

Martin's Twitter